General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Achane>Gibbs

Postby j4pac » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:45 am

Dude is going to be a top 5 dynasty RB in a blink of an eye
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:48 am

j4pac wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:45 am Dude is going to be a top 5 dynasty RB in a blink of an eye
Need to rename thread Achane > Bijan > Gibbs soon.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:58 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:48 am
j4pac wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:45 am Dude is going to be a top 5 dynasty RB in a blink of an eye
NO.

We're seeing Bijan at his floor, essentially, with his QB play. Achane always played bigger than Gibbs, it's why the RZ usage between the 2 isn't the least bit surprising.

Bijan is the best RB in this draft, and it's not even close.

I think you were being a bit facetious, but Bijan is truly a special player.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:04 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:58 am
NO.

We're seeing Bijan at his floor, essentially, with his QB play. Achane always played bigger than Gibbs, it's why the RZ usage between the 2 isn't the least bit surprising.

I think you were being a bit facetious,
but Bijan is truly a special player.
Yes, I was. :lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:43 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:04 pm

NO.

Still. Achane in this offense is the best possible fit. He can get 10-12 touches a game and you still will put him in your lineup. Great call on the draw, like that, they are going to maximize whatever potential he has. He's the clear RB2 in this class right now for me. He has enough draft capital that I'd take him over Gibbs, given the fact one team has a way better plan for the player vs the other. Achane runs so much bigger than Gibbs, too.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:16 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:43 pm

NO.

Still. Achane in this offense is the best possible fit. He can get 10-12 touches a game and you still will put him in your lineup. Great call on the draw, like that, they are going to maximize whatever potential he has. He's the clear RB2 in this class right now for me. He has enough draft capital that I'd take him over Gibbs, given the fact one team has a way better plan for the player vs the other. Achane runs so much bigger than Gibbs, too.
Achane is pretty much what we hoped to get from Gibbs. If I was offered Gibbs for Achane I’d pass

RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:45 pm

j4pac wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:16 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:43 pm

Achane is pretty much what we hoped to get from Gibbs. If I was offered Gibbs for Achane I’d pass
I would too.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:03 pm

Achane looks good, but i'm going to make the Tua argument and say he is doing this well because of what is around him. His situation is elite.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:12 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:03 pm Achane looks good, but i'm going to make the Tua argument and say he is doing this well because of what is around him. His situation is elite.
Ask Todd Gurley if situation matters
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:20 pm

I own both Achane & Gibbs, so I'm unbiased ... my $0.02 is that Achane just plays faster. He's like Tyreek to that extent. He just moves a half step faster than the fastest players.

Also, regarding Gibbs, I am not concerned about his touches b/c Detroit said they were going to ease him in. But I am definitely concerned about the lack of creativity in how they used him. There were so many stories about how they were going to use him in all sorts of ways this summer ... I'm not sure what they are waiting for.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:22 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:20 pm I own both Achane & Gibbs, so I'm unbiased ... my $0.02 is that Achane just plays faster. He's like Tyreek to that extent. He just moves a half step faster than the fastest players.

Also, regarding Gibbs, I am not concerned about his touches b/c Detroit said they were going to ease him in. But I am definitely concerned about the lack of creativity in how they used him. There were so many stories about how they were going to use him in all sorts of ways this summer ... I'm not sure what they are waiting for.
Who would you keep today if you only could have one?

TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:27 pm

j4pac wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:22 pm
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:20 pm I own both Achane & Gibbs, so I'm unbiased ... my $0.02 is that Achane just plays faster. He's like Tyreek to that extent. He just moves a half step faster than the fastest players.

Who would you keep today if you only could have one?
Probably Achane b/c neither McDaniels (edit: not McCarthy; heaven forbid) nor Campbell are going anywhere soon. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins get a true power back next year which could increase Achane's usage ... right now, Mostert is too similar of a back.
Last edited by Forza_Azzurri on Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:33 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:03 pm Achane looks good, but i'm going to make the Tua argument and say he is doing this well because of what is around him. His situation is elite.
You're in one thread proclaiming a 5th round rookie as an amazing talent, who will be a 100 reception player every year and circumstance has little to do with it. But in this thread, a rookie who was drafted higher, is more talented, and produced in a tougher conference is now a product of the QB. :lol:

Achane isn't doing anything different from what he did in the SEC. He has the 4th fastest 40 ever at the RB position. You could even argue he might be faster than the 4.32 he ran. He just plays at a level of explosion and speed that RBs usually don't have and he plays big. I warned people not to fall into lazy analysis by just looking at his size and calling it a day.

Achane looks like a flat out stud. It really does look like Tyreek Hill changed jerseys and became a RB.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:56 pm

I apologize in advance......

Is.........is...De'Von Achane a top5 dynasty RB already?

He's got 300 rushing yards, 50 receiving yards, and 6 total TDs over the past 2 weeks. Absolutely insane numbers. He's extremely young, producing as a top5 RB already (small sample size alert if you think he's due for MASSIVE regression) and he's tied to an elite offense/system for the next 4+ years.

Bijan is the clear RB1, who else are we taking over Achane? McCaffrey on a contender, maybe Hall/Taylor/Walker are safer & more proven. I can't think of anyone else projected to significantly outscore him in the short term or anyone that would offer any longevity value over a rookie unless you think these past 2 weeks are a fluke.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:03 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:56 pm I apologize in advance......

Is.........is...De'Von Achane a top5 dynasty RB already?

He's got 300 rushing yards, 50 receiving yards, and 6 total TDs over the past 2 weeks. Absolutely insane numbers. He's extremely young, producing as a top5 RB already (small sample size alert if you think he's due for MASSIVE regression) and he's tied to an elite offense/system for the next 4+ years.

Bijan is the clear RB1, who else are we taking over Achane? McCaffrey on a contender, maybe Hall/Taylor are safer & more proven. I can't think of anyone else projected to significantly outscore him in the short term or anyone that would offer any longevity value over a rookie unless you think these past 2 weeks are a fluke.
Bijan, Breece, JT, CMC for sure. Walker, Pollard, Jacobs, Etienne are still ahead of him for me, but its getting close. In a Start-up I'm rolling with Achane over Henry or Ekeler easily. Barkley or Achane?? Hmm... that's probably the line. I'm taking Achane over Cook, Gibbs, Rhamondre, Swift. So top 10 RB it would seem already. 5 will take consistency to leapfrog guys like Walker and some others who are still young and are more proven