JReed ADP 29 5'1'' GBP (drafted 50th) rated 5.98
19%

Total votes: 62

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Mingo vs Tillman vs Reed

Postby yinzername » Mon May 15, 2023 6:48 am

snapped Tillman up at 3.2 in my SF. couldn't be a more ideal midround WR for the rebuild i just entered. already got interest in him by the Watson owner, something like a mid 2nd for Tillman and a 3rd, so there's that too
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:39 pm

Wanted to bump this thread as there was a lot of good back and forth in here and some 'outlier' opinions on the day 2 WR of this class. Only 2 weeks in, so obviously there is a lot of football left for these guys to play. I for one am glad to have snagged Mims and Reed pretty much everywhere. Reed especially was going into the 3rd round in drafts which was insane to me. This year's class had good depth, so that was part of it. Very encouraged by what I see so far of those 2. Also, grabbed a share of Mingo and am a little disappointed. Here is hoping he and Bryce get on the same page. None of the other WR in that offense are very good, so in theory, Mingo should be a target monster... Downs has also had a nice start
JTLoh wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:47 am I feel like this should be more of a
Mingo vs Tillman
Reed vs Mims
This post was one that intrigued me at the time, but also recognized Mingo/Tillman were very far apart in ADP. However, it looks like Mingo may have been over-drafted as the WR5 in this class by many.

Knowing what we know right now, where would you rank the WR of this class? I will start off with a rough outline of my thoughts.
JSN/Flowers/Addison
Mims/Reed/QJ/Puka!!!
Downs/Mingo/Tank/Wilson
Rice/Hyatt/Tillman

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:15 pm

Yeah I pointed out in the preseason that there’s some sort of miscommunication going on between Mingo and young, and apparantly it’s still happening. Sad.

QJ I can see in the tier below maybe

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:21 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:39 pm Wanted to bump this thread as there was a lot of good back and forth in here and some 'outlier' opinions on the day 2 WR of this class. Only 2 weeks in, so obviously there is a lot of football left for these guys to play. I for one am glad to have snagged Mims and Reed pretty much everywhere. Reed especially was going into the 3rd round in drafts which was insane to me. This year's class had good depth, so that was part of it. Very encouraged by what I see so far of those 2. Also, grabbed a share of Mingo and am a little disappointed. Here is hoping he and Bryce get on the same page. None of the other WR in that offense are very good, so in theory, Mingo should be a target monster... Downs has also had a nice start
JTLoh wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:47 am I feel like this should be more of a
Mingo vs Tillman
Reed vs Mims
This post was one that intrigued me at the time, but also recognized Mingo/Tillman were very far apart in ADP. However, it looks like Mingo may have been over-drafted as the WR5 in this class by many.

Knowing what we know right now, where would you rank the WR of this class? I will start off with a rough outline of my thoughts.
JSN/Flowers/Addison
Mims/Reed/QJ/Puka!!!
Downs/Mingo/Tank/Wilson
Rice/Hyatt/Tillman
I'm going to be bummed I didn't take Puka in the 4th more often, or pay enough on the WW the first time it ran. Bummer. LOL Only ended up getting one share in four dynasties.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:29 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:15 pm Yeah I pointed out in the preseason that there’s some sort of miscommunication going on between Mingo and young, and apparantly it’s still happening. Sad.

Young really needs to gain some weight.

Even when he makes a good move to evade tacklers he's literally getting sacked by 1 hand grazing him.

2 weeks into a rookie year is way too early to be making any long term rookie rankings. Justin Jefferson had 5 receptions for 70 yards in his first 2 career games.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:21 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:15 pm Yeah I pointed out in the preseason that there’s some sort of miscommunication going on between Mingo and young, and apparantly it’s still happening. Sad.

Yup, I remember you calling that out. The whole offense is a mess right now. Good news, they've got nothing but time to figure it out I guess and Mingo should be getting a lot of snaps. I wonder how many they continue to give the corpse of Adam Thielen, but he's probbaly still better at this point than Viska/Marshall.

QJ, I can't drop in ranks just yet. He isn't playing because he is behind Keenan and Williams. Palmer in the slot in 3WR sets makes sense over QJ as well, for now.

I was not high on him though and have 0 shares. I was taking Flowers or Kendre over QJ (both were always available if QJ was) and traded out in a few spots also. Think one deal of a late 1st turned into Mims+ so I am pretty happy there

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:30 pm

Mingo is already getting a ton of snaps(87% and 98%) , it's just not translating into quality targets yet. They clearly want him involved, and he could be a decent buy low if you think Young improves.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:31 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:21 pm

Yup, I remember you calling that out. The whole offense is a mess right now. Good news, they've got nothing but time to figure it out I guess and Mingo should be getting a lot of snaps. I wonder how many they continue to give the corpse of Adam Thielen, but he's probbaly still better at this point than Viska/Marshall.

QJ, I can't drop in ranks just yet. He isn't playing because he is behind Keenan and Williams. Palmer in the slot in 3WR sets makes sense over QJ as well, for now.

I was not high on him though and have 0 shares. I was taking Flowers or Kendre over QJ (both were always available if QJ was) and traded out in a few spots also. Think one deal of a late 1st turned into Mims+ so I am pretty happy there
I hear ya. And this isn’t the way odds work but think about it this way. On average, only 1 in 3 1st round wrs will be studs. And just spitballing but let’s say 1 in 2 will be fantasy relevant. I remember looking back and I don’t think there’s ever been 4 1st round wrs drafted and they all end up good. Addison and Flowers look like hits. JSN and QJ are question marks. We “know” there’s going to be a bust somewhere. JSN was always a bit lack-luster in my opinion, but there’s no doubt he’s forgot more receiving skills than QJ knows. So of the 4, who is most likely to be the bust… for that reason I would move him down the ranks but I also understand that isn’t the most scientifically accurate way to do things.

Also, hard to make a lot of takeaways from the preseason, but the panthers offense looking like scrambled eggs certainly carried over into the regular season. In reference to preseason week 2;
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:35 pm
I saw on Twitter that this game was actually positive for Bryce Young, but from what I was watching the offense as a whole looked REALLY rough.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:13 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:21 pm

In the slot? Ya, I don’t think Viska is a good fit for a slot role. Not sure where he would be a good fit. Clearly has talent and can get production when given the chance, but no one seems to have any idea on how to use him.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:23 pm

There seems to be some miscommunication with Young and his center, too. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:17 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:23 pm

There seems to be some miscommunication with Young and his center, too. :lol:
You mean the right guard?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:09 pm

By process of elimination, those who chose Jayden Reed won. Congrats to the 18% of you

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:12 pm

jordanzs wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:09 pm By process of elimination, those who chose Jayden Reed won. Congrats to the 18% of you
:wave:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:20 pm

jordanzs wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:09 pm By process of elimination, those who chose Jayden Reed won. Congrats to the 18% of you
8-)

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:57 am

CGW wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:30 pm Mingo is already getting a ton of snaps(87% and 98%) , it's just not translating into quality targets yet. They clearly want him involved, and he could be a decent buy low if you think Young improves.
A lot to be learned here from Mingo. Great size, great athlete but very unsophisticated as a WR. There’s so much that WRs have to do in the NFL besides being big and athletic. Pro CBs are all fast, very savvy, strong and some have incredulous recovery speed while the ball is in the air. There are a couple of WRs in this draft being pimped highly like Mingo was who have similar qualities.