SEA RBs - Walker v Charbonnet

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: SEA RBs - Walker v Charbonnet

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:07 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:29 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:21 pm I don't know how I'd feel about a broken tackles stat that speaks well of Najee 'run 2 yards and fall down' Harris
Well, I mean it's forced missed tackles as well, and ETN and CMC among others are also there, seems like you're cherry picky Najee. It's cool, you're not high on Walker, doesn't bother me. I think Charbs is a solid back. I just think Walker's better. The Seahawks will use both, they don't care about FF, they want to win.

One things for certain, both KW and Charbs should touch the ball more than they did last week. Walker was definitely being managed, he was on the sideline testing out/stretching his calf, at times, so something to monitor this week. He didn't carry an injury designation, but I never completely trust ole Pete with that stuff.
I think Walker is fine

I would never take him around Gibbs/Etienne/JT where he has been going

I think Charbonnet has been better of late but I don't see him taking the job and running away with it or anything. But if he keeps playing at this level and considering Walker's efficiency it is going to be very difficult for the latter to earn enough volume to be anything more than a back end RB1 going forward

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:51 am

mild wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:31 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:44 pm Here's some jazz. There's nothing really much there once the C gets thrown into his way, yes, you could have taken a short gain, but this is why he's different. It's going to work sometimes, and sometimes it won't.
You don't need to sell me on him being a *very* good back. The fact that he's succeeding with this "jazz improvisation" style - despite the fact that he's consistently off-script - is why I was saying he's hilarious in the first place. I've always been a fan, I am in no doubt of his talent.

But again, I think you're dodging the point by just posting more highlight rosterbation. I understand that reflex, but you should be careful you don't let your love of the player blind you to the looming situation. :D

If there's another very talented back on the roster, who executes the scheme better... I think you're deluding yourself if you don't think that guy is going to eat into his carry-share in this modern time-share NFL. This could easily continue tilting more Charbonnet's way imo - the coaching staff is putting more and more trust in him, especially this week just been.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if it's the start of something. :thumbup:
Charbonnet was bound to get more touches, and it's right on cue with what I said earlier in the thread, about time table for 2nd round rookies. Right on cue. The narrative that Walker is losing trust or something is bogus. There is no looming situation, IMO. I always expected Charbs to get more touches as the season went on, but I don't expect him to get more touches than KW the rest of the way or anything. Taking a 1 game sample size where KW was dealing with a bit of an injury, and Charbs starting to get more familiar and get more touches as predicted isn't worrisome to me.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:51 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:07 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:29 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:21 pm I don't know how I'd feel about a broken tackles stat that speaks well of Najee 'run 2 yards and fall down' Harris
Well, I mean it's forced missed tackles as well, and ETN and CMC among others are also there, seems like you're cherry picky Najee. It's cool, you're not high on Walker, doesn't bother me. I think Charbs is a solid back. I just think Walker's better. The Seahawks will use both, they don't care about FF, they want to win.

One things for certain, both KW and Charbs should touch the ball more than they did last week. Walker was definitely being managed, he was on the sideline testing out/stretching his calf, at times, so something to monitor this week. He didn't carry an injury designation, but I never completely trust ole Pete with that stuff.
I think Walker is fine

I would never take him around Gibbs/Etienne/JT where he has been going

I think Charbonnet has been better of late but I don't see him taking the job and running away with it or anything. But if he keeps playing at this level and considering Walker's efficiency it is going to be very difficult for the latter to earn enough volume to be anything more than a back end RB1 going forward
Fair. Back end RB1 is fine with me, always was due to the nature of Seattle not throwing much to RB's.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:07 pm

Walker didn't finish the game, with his calf. So he has indeed been dealing with it. Maybe more serious this time, who knows. Maybe next week is the week Charbs gets the lead role, if Walker can't go.

He did go in for a snap, but not a carry, but it looks like KW9 may be dealing with a problematic calf.

https://twitter.com/GreggGreerCBS/statu ... 3737140313

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:21 pm

FF - this is getting an insane level of Walker support. Like ex girlfriend calling you over and over again to tell you she's not jealous of your new pretty girlfriend.

Like, we get it. You like Walker more than consensus. You must have a legitimate 50+ posts in this thread alone saying the same thing.

Anyways, I'm curious to monitor the next few weeks with Walker's injury and Charbs increasing snap share. I'm not someone that thinks Charbs > Walker (though I think there's a decent chance the coaching staff wants that to be the case), but they are both going to have their work cut out for them with a brutal stretch coming up - LAR / SF / DAL / SF / PHI / TEN is about as brutal as it gets.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:24 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:21 pm FF - this is getting an insane level of Walker support. Like ex girlfriend calling you over and over again to tell you she's not jealous of your new pretty girlfriend.

Like, we get it. You like Walker more than consensus. You must have a legitimate 50+ posts in this thread alone saying the same thing.

Anyways, I'm curious to monitor the next few weeks with Walker's injury and Charbs increasing snap share. I'm not someone that thinks Charbs > Walker (though I think there's a decent chance the coaching staff wants that to be the case), but they are both going to have their work cut out for them with a brutal stretch coming up - LAR / SF / DAL / SF / PHI / TEN is about as brutal as it gets.
My last post was talking about Walker re-aggravating his calf and that Charbs may get lead touches for the first time in his career. Do me a favour, simply block me, or stop reading my posts. I'm all for it. I'm not responding to your posts on this topic again. :thumbup:
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:25 pm

I’m just glad Gino is their QB. Go 9ers

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:24 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:24 pm
kmbryant09 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:21 pm FF - this is getting an insane level of Walker support. Like ex girlfriend calling you over and over again to tell you she's not jealous of your new pretty girlfriend.

My last post was talking about Walker re-aggravating his calf and that Charbs may get lead touches for the first time in his career. Do me a favour, simply block me, or stop reading my posts. I'm all for it. I'm not responding to your posts on this topic again. :thumbup:
I was catching up on the last few weeks worth of posts on this subject (probably the last 5 pages) and nearly every other post was from you saying the same support for Walker. That pattern of posting is what lead to my comment, not your last post.

My apologies to come off so rudely, engagement is good especially on forums. But it's just a thorn in my side when topics turn into the same people saying the same things over and over again.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:27 am

mild wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:30 pm At the risk of just taking this "all stats, no brakes"

... I don't know if I particularly buy this one (because the person charting it would have to "know" / decide which gap was the correct one for the play each time)

But if nothing else, it's definitely hilarious for our boy Walker.
How often teams don't run into their intended run gap (x-axis), and their rushing success rate when that happens (y-axis). The Bucs have 22 rushes where the runner doesn't run into the gap they're supposed to, and they've had an unsuccessful rush on every single play

He's just out here taking a Jazz solo on every snap. :lol:
:lol: (as a Jazz addict, that's hilarious to me :clap: )
Do RBs get rated for running into the right gap in the same way QBs get rated for processing speed? I'd love to see the Gap Missed chart for other RBs. Even better, see which RBs go to the incorrect gaps and how many of those runs are positive/negative yardage.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:28 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:03 pm
I’m a big stats guy but it’s painfully obvious when people only use them to confirm their priors.

Chris Johnson only had 2.0 ypc in I-Formation in 2010. He blows!
Actually did some googling this morning for a few minutes. If CJ2K existed today, you’d have stat nerds trying to convince you he sucks.

Article written in 2010
It’s been a popular discussion in the Tennessee Titans' press room the past couple weeks. How often is Chris Johnson running for 2 yards or less and how does it compare to what’s happening around the league?

Bob McClellan, who writes a blog that often touches on the Titans, had been tracking Johnson's rate and poking around on it.

So I took it to James Barger of ESPN Stats & Information, who provided me with the information you see to the right.

I’m surprised that almost half the rushing attempts in the league gain 2 yards or less. And Johnson’s rate of 53.3 percent is quite a drop off when compared to his rate last year (44.7).
For context, Walkers rate is BETTER than CJ2Ks

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:47 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:28 am
Actually did some googling this morning for a few minutes. If CJ2K existed today, you’d have stat nerds trying to convince you he sucks.
Almost as bad as someone trying to make Johnson analogous to Walker.

mild
Legend
Legend

Interesting Stats

Postby mild » Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:04 pm

Presented with no context, commentary, nor agenda:
(I'll leave that to FF)

Seahawks RBs over the past two games:

Kenneth Walker: 87 yards from scrimmage on 17 rush attempts, 4 targets (15.1 weighted opportunities)

Zach Charbonnet: 77 yards from scrimmage on 9 rush attempts, 3 targets (11.4 weighted opportunities)

*Charbs has 3 of 4 red zone carries*

https://twitter.com/QBLRyan/status/1721292126179471619

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:09 pm

I'd be happy if either of these guys were fantasy starters... And I don't even care which one. The past few weeks have been fugly.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:22 pm

Hey everybody, check out THIS oddly specific stat in particular!!

Short-yardage rushing success rate leaders:
(3 or fewer yards to first-down, minimum 15 attempts)

88% — Kareem Hunt (Jerome Ford ranks dead last, with a 27% rate)
82% — Christian McCaffrey
80% — Brian Robinson
79% — Kenneth Walker
78% — Ezekiel Elliott
75% — Isiah Pacheco

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:27 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:22 pm Hey everybody, check out THIS oddly specific stat in particular!!

Short-yardage rushing success rate leaders:
(3 or fewer yards to first-down, minimum 15 attempts)

88% — Kareem Hunt (Jerome Ford ranks dead last, with a 27% rate)
82% — Christian McCaffrey
80% — Brian Robinson
79% — Kenneth Walker
78% — Ezekiel Elliott
75% — Isiah Pacheco
Certainly a who's who of RB talent :thumbup: