GOAT
GOAT

Re: SEA RBs - Walker v Charbonnet

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:26 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:49 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:35 pm
Sriracha wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:24 pm

Touch rate is also going up for Charbs, though :thumbup:
It is indeed. I am game like that, when they have the lead, they likely get more touches. Can't remember how many snaps it was, but once the Hawks were up by quite a bit, Charbs seemed to be out there a bit more.

Charbonnet is unlikely to be more than a hopeful flex play, when KW is healthy, you'd be hoping he gets a rare GL carry and TD, but he's certainly a good real football addition for the Hawks. They had nothing behind Walker, in terms of talent, and you can't put Walker out there all the time. Admittedly they are also very different players and compliment each other well.

The team is better with Charbonnet out there 30-40 percent of the time rather than Dallas/McIntosh/Homer(last year) in a combo of that snap percentage. Upgrading your RB2 to where he can take the role of 2 other players that filled the RB snaps the year before is a good move for a team with their philosophy, I don't think the Hawks really care that it was a late-ish 2nd round pick they had to spend, they definitely like Charbs and felt he would improve their RB room, and have a significant role in helping them win football games, and I think he does.
That's a pretty fair expectation for this year, at least.

I believe at this point anyone calling Charbonnet a JAG has been proven wrong. He at the very least looks significantly better than the DeeJay Dallas's of the world.

Considering the way this offense operates I agree he was a good real life addition to the SEA, especially given the nature of the RB position... but I honestly don't think game script factored into his usage too much. I'm guessing this will be a 60/40 split by mid season in favor of Walker who has really stepped up his game from his rookie season.

I do think you're underselling Charbs' level of play, though. I agree Walker is a special player as an explosive playmaker but I don't think Charbs is too far behind.
It's not so much underselling Charbs, I think he's a good RB, but Walker is just a different level type player. There are few players at the position capable of what he can do, and that's not really the same thing with Charbs game. Honestly, like Charbonnet, he was a top 3 back for me prior to the draft. He just went to a team with a special talent at the position, so it limits his upside for FF.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:36 pm

remedy29 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:17 pm I also felt this was going to be RBBC, like 60-40 to 50-50. The fact that Walker looks improved and is getting goal touches and receptions, bodes well for Walker.
People assumed Charbs would have those roles, goal because he is bigger and receptions because he caught balls in college. But it seemed he caught dump off passes, not a skilled route runner. I always thought Walker was the more logical choice to receive receptions because he is the more explosive player.
He played some WR in high school as well. The Seahawks have a top end 1/2 punch. It's what they wanted, the 1, was never in doubt to me, and it's pretty obvious the Seahawks know he's their top back, but in today's NFL, you need to use more than 1. Walker hit 20 touches, despite a lower snap percentage, and that's good for his outlook too. He's getting the vast majority of the high impact touches. Honestly, there will be times where Charbs vultures a TD here and there, he's a capable back.

We haven't even had a big TD run from Walker yet, he's gaining some tough yards, and creating on his own with some suspect blocking at times, the Lions game he made some runs only a handful of players have the talent to make. Charbonnet is no threat to Walker being plugged in your RB slot, but he may hold some flex value some games, it's just tough to know when they will be. He's fairly explosive once he gets going, he just doesn't have a ton of wiggle to make the type of plays Walker can make. He's a lunch pail type back, and a really good compliment to this backfield. He's a big upgrade over Dallas and company.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:24 am

I think Walker > Charbonnet in talent by a bit.

I also think this becomes an ugly split in more games in the future that you would like from a top 5 RB.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:15 am

I still like Charb. He’s not going away. When I drafted him I did so understanding that he was unusable for 75% of the season. That’s fine…for that other 25% he’ll be a beast. It’s just so rare to see nimble powerful guys with hands. This is still dynasty…Charb will get his chance. I don’t know if he will ever be a defacto RB1, but he has some week winning games in his future, which is about as much as you can hope for in todays RB landscape.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:40 am

I took him twice as early 2nds in SF leagues. I think he's a great buy at that price point, as a high end handcuff with eventual stand alone flex value. Rush attempts are going to continue to increase as we move through the season.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:34 am

this seals it, Charbs is a legend in the making

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B5sgoy9VLU
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:52 am

murphysxm wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:34 am this seals it, Charbs is a legend in the making

That was a 6’2” 220 lb defender. He didn’t even bother to taunt the dude…just another guy he’s run over. Charb is pretty much what people were hoping that Dillon would become. Just a good football player.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:07 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:24 am I think Walker > Charbonnet in talent by a bit.

I also think this becomes an ugly split in more games in the future that you would like from a top 5 RB.
Not something you should worry about IMO. In today's NFL, and the RB landscape, many consider Gibbs RB2. Breece is considered RB2 by others, and they brought it Dalvin. Walker's going to be a 300ish touch RB over a 17 game season (assuming health). I don't think you can ask for much more in this day and age.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:01 pm

murphysxm wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:34 am this seals it, Charbs is a legend in the making

See him keep his facemask up and strike with the shoulder FF? He learned not to dip his helmet and lead with his head. That was a good catch by you in PS.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:31 pm

Got KW3 at 5.05 in a 12 team SF TEP startup.
Before season started tried to get Gibbs for KW3+, was unable to, now glad that my trade offers were turned down.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:35 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:31 pm Got KW3 at 5.05 in a 12 team SF TEP startup.
Before season started tried to get Gibbs for KW3+, was unable to, now glad that my trade offers were turned down.
Yeah, I am still fluent with my rankings, but KW is my RB2 in Dynasty right now. I'd take him over Gibbs, right now, I'm just not liking what I see from Gibbs inside, and KW is just absurd at a making something out of nothing. Gibbs will never be a GL back, I think he needs to be an 80 plus catch back to pass Walker, and I'm not loving his usage thus far. The one game where he caught passes were quite a few check downs due to game script. I love Breece, but he's not healthy, the QB situation has destroyed ALL upside for at least a year, and who knows about next year?

I'm pretty fluid with it, but it's Bijan, then Walker/Gibbs/Breece for me. I suppose CMC deserves to be there ahead of at least Breece, if you're contending, so factor that in.

The Dirty Birds
Starter
Starter

Postby The Dirty Birds » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:20 pm

I think Walker is really talented just like you FF, on tape to me it's also blatantly obvious there is a gap. But I'm also scared that Seattle will turn this backfield into a Jones/Dhillon situation 🥺

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:28 pm

The Dirty Birds wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:20 pm I think Walker is really talented just like you FF, on tape to me it's also blatantly obvious there is a gap. But I'm also scared that Seattle will turn this backfield into a Jones/Dhillon situation 🥺
For sure. I think most teams want to deploy some version of that idea, these days, with an extra game, and playoffs hopefully added in.

We just know who the "Jones" is, in this backfield. The NFL is changing, and you want to have a teams lead back, and that's no doubt, Kenneth Walker. More secondary RB's are becoming flex options now, with teams trying to spread the ball around in the passing game, and sure, soe teams have a Jefferson or Chase, but an RB2 on a team is often a flex play depending on starting requirements over a teams WR2, and injuries do happen. If KW ever got hurt, Charbs would get the majority of the touches.

There are so times you get the Jacobs last season, or Barkley's rookie year, or CMC's big year, those are total outliers, they aren't the norm and the NFL isn't going back to giving their lead back 20 plus carries a game every week like the 1990's.

The Dirty Birds
Starter
Starter

Postby The Dirty Birds » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:36 pm

Oh we 100% know who the Jones is. Charb looks like a upright plodder compared to Walker on tape to me.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:13 pm

The Dirty Birds wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:36 pm Oh we 100% know who the Jones is. Charb looks like a upright plodder compared to Walker on tape to me.
The ALL 22 gives this run way more context. Looked great from the TV angle, but this is some next level stuff.

https://twitter.com/nickfalato/status/1 ... 8338284936