idp team help

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Madcity_matt
Starter
Starter

idp team help

Postby Madcity_matt » Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:33 pm

Thanks in advance. new to IDP, took over this orphan last year. 12 team league. Scoring TD 8/ sack 1.92/ qb hit .52/ tackle .55/ TFL .56/ INT 3.1 plus yards/ Fumble rec 2.1 +yards/forced fumble 2

Starting 1 DL, 1 LB, 1 DB, 2 Flex overall bench for team 19 players

Current:
Micah Parsons (LB,DL)
Alex Highsmith (LB,DL)
Rashan Gary (DL,LB)
Jonathan Allen (DL)
Chase Young (DL)
Devin Bush (LB)
Quay Walker (LB)
Demario Davis (LB)
Kevin Byard (DB)
Xavier McKinney (DB)
Kamren Curl (DB)
Lewis Cine (DB)

My questions:
how much of my total roster should I devote to IDP, who are my build around guys, and who are my just a guys? Thanks!
Last edited by Madcity_matt on Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: idp team help

Postby IR1 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:21 am

what are the offense starting requirements/scoring? only starting 3 idps and low scoring, that looks like a lot of players, though there are some nice pieces, may be able to move some in a trade
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Madcity_matt
Starter
Starter

Postby Madcity_matt » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:41 pm

IR1 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:21 am what are the offense starting requirements/scoring? only starting 3 idps and low scoring, that looks like a lot of players, though there are some nice pieces, may be able to move some in a trade
Idp is 5 total (1 dl, lb,db,flex,flex)
Pretty standard QB, SF, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2 flex

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:08 am

Madcity_matt wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:33 pm Starting 1 DL, 1 LB, 1 Flex
Madcity_matt wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:41 pm Idp is 5 total (1 dl, lb,db,flex,flex)
well, make up your mind...

assuming it's the latter, and with that pitiful (though funny) scoring, i'd only keep studs (i.e. parsons) and stream the rest. so, basically, keep parsons and then who cares.

if you can sell any of those players for anything, and i mean anything, including parsons for a 3rd and everyone else for a 5th in 2099, do it: in that league, defense won't win you championships.

you would have a great DL core in a proper IDP league. considering the low scoring for tackles, DL or LB shouldn't be much of a difference in the flex.

i'd keep parsons (stud), highsmith and gary (very good), quay walker (meh, but he gets the snaps) and byard (good, but still a DB). i wouldn't hesitate to drop any of them bar parsons in the off-season to get a dart throw on offense, and worry about IDP just before week 1.

Madcity_matt
Starter
Starter

Postby Madcity_matt » Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:15 pm

yes it is the latter, sorry. DL, LB, DB, Flex, Flex.

berserkers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby berserkers » Fri May 05, 2023 7:12 pm

Why even play defensive players with that scoring? It appears your league mates aren’t ready to make the move to IDP. I agree with killer_of_giants, focus on offense and stream IDP for bye weeks and injuries. My friend league fought tooth and nail against IDP years ago and we ended up losing a quarter our owners. We start 8 offensive and only 7 defensive players in a tackle heavy format which feels inadequate. Leagues where I start 11 IDP starters are much more entertaining. That said, with MFL going to true position this year, if you play on their site, hold more LBs. The number of Edge players has skyrocketed.