Sean Tucker

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Sean Tucker

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:53 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:40 pm Sports Illustrated’s JC Allen reports Bucs rookie Sean Tucker will open the season as the No. 2 running back.
The undrafted rookie beat out Chase Edmonds and Ke’Shawn Vaughn for the job. Tucker has been repping with starters for weeks so this doesn’t come as a surprise. Tucker’s profile is better than most Day 2 backs — rushing for over 3,000 yards as a three-year ACC starter — but medical concerns pushed him off draftboards. Standalone value may not be there for Tucker if Edmonds plays on pass downs, but Tucker is the zeroRB pivot to Rachaad White.
Yeah, that's the one I was referring to! One tweet from one guy, and then everybody absorbs it as fact. I wasn't sure if that was happening, but it appears to be. Happens all the time in modern media. One article becomes 50, with everybody writing an article based off the original, and it becomes this idea that it's a big thing, and true, and so many people are reporting it.....when it turns out to be all based on 1 source that wasn't even accurate at the time.

August 30th. Never ratified by a team source, or depth chart, just one beat reporter "reporting". Just seems like a opinion that he wants to get clout over, right now, rather than fact.

https://www.si.com/nfl/buccaneers/news/ ... lar-season
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:54 am

How does that tweet turn into a story? Stupid.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:11 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:54 am How does that tweet turn into a story? Stupid.
Modern journalism in a nutshell.

Official depth charts go up this week, so we should know pretty soon.

ThirdWW
Captain
Captain

Postby ThirdWW » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:44 am

I find it interesting people go into a player thread just to bash them.
Team One:
Year 12
12 team, .5 ppr
QB 2RB 3WR TE FLEX K DL LB DB

QB - CJ Stroud
RB - Tank Bigsby, Sean Tucker, Chris Rodriguez, cans
WR - Garrett Wilson, Drake London, JSN, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas, Elijah Moore
TE - Kyle Pitts, Cade Otton, Chig Okonkwo

2024 Picks: 1.1, 1.2, 1.9, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.2, 3.7, 4.1
2025 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4

Team Two:
Year 2
12 team, .5 ppr, SF
QB SF 2RB 3WR TE 2FLEX K

QB - Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones
RB - Roschon Johnson, Kendre Miller, streaming
WR - Amon-Ra St. Brown, Chris Olave, Jaylen Waddle, Jordan Addison, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas, Elijah Moore, Wan’Dale Robinson
TE - Kyle Pitts, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Chig

2024 Picks: 1.08, 1.12, 4.1, 4.11
2025 Picks 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:43 am

ThirdWW wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:44 am I find it interesting people go into a player thread just to bash them.
Who's doing that? I haven't seen that here. I don't think anybody is bashing Tucker. Read through the last few pages, not a single "bash". Just people trying to sort out the depth chart situation. I do notice you roster Tucker on both your teams. Do you find it offensive that people are simply asking where the claims he's number 2 on the depth chart came from? That's all that is happening here, from what I can gather.
Janiel Dones Truther

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:58 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:43 am
ThirdWW wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:44 am I find it interesting people go into a player thread just to bash them.
Who's doing that? I haven't seen that here. I don't think anybody is bashing Tucker. Read through the last few pages, not a single "bash". Just people trying to sort out the depth chart situation. I do notice you roster Tucker on both your teams. Do you find it offensive that people are simply asking where the claims he's number 2 on the depth chart came from? That's all that is happening here, from what I can gather.
Agreed. I drafted Tucker in devy last year and still hold him. Not many have an issue with Tucker the player. Maybe some questions on vision but otherwise it’s been realistic statements about his depth chart position.

Now, whether or not you think you he will prove better than his current slot is a different discussion. I honestly don’t really care where he is placed right now. I believe in the talent, and especially so compared to the rest of the depth chart.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:06 pm

So now he's officially RB2 on the Bucs depth chart. Good for him. Hope he can get a 2nd contract in this league, after the issues at the combine.
Janiel Dones Truther

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:20 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:49 pm … he could end up being a steal if he stays healthy and is a late round guy or UDFA.
Nice

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:32 pm

Valhalla wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:20 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:49 pm … he could end up being a steal if he stays healthy and is a late round guy or UDFA.
Nice
Thanks. Hoping he can have some success. Would be great to see, after the issues he's had.
Janiel Dones Truther

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:06 pm

You all know the part of this thread I’m looking forward to, right? If Rachaad gets hurt or outplayed and Tucker becomes the starter, what should we do with him at that point? Should we hold him or flip him for a 2nd?
“UDFAs get replaced”
“loads of talent! Without the heart condition was a top prospect you know!” “
Bucs have so many holes surely they won’t replace him in the draft!”
“2nd round picks are just dart throws anyway”.

Ohh, I’m so excited for that part of the season! This thread will blow up like the 4th of July! Should we just repost a link to the James Robinson thread or rehash the whole thing from the beginning?

Either way I’m excited for him as a person. Hope he does well. I know some people are extremely high on Rachaad. I don’t see it. Let alone the Bucs are gonna be terrible, imo. Can’t wait for the season to get underway!
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:57 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:06 pm You all know the part of this thread I’m looking forward to, right? If Rachaad gets hurt or outplayed and Tucker becomes the starter, what should we do with him at that point? Should we hold him or flip him for a 2nd?
“UDFAs get replaced”

Ohh, I’m so excited for that part of the season! This thread will blow up like the 4th of July! Should we just repost a link to the James Robinson thread or rehash the whole thing from the beginning?

Either way I’m excited for him as a person. Hope he does well. I know some people are extremely high on Rachaad. I don’t see it. Let alone the Bucs are gonna be terrible, imo. Can’t wait for the season to get underway!
Sounds like a fun rehash. Does being UDFA set someone up for a propensity to Achilles tears?

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:36 am

Valhalla wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:57 am
SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:06 pm You all know the part of this thread I’m looking forward to, right? If Rachaad gets hurt or outplayed and Tucker becomes the starter, what should we do with him at that point? Should we hold him or flip him for a 2nd?
“UDFAs get replaced”

Sounds like a fun rehash. Does being UDFA set someone up for a propensity to Achilles tears?
Haven't seen any data on that, just the likelihood for being replaced almost immediately following such an injury. See Robinson vs Akers.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:20 am

CGW wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:36 am
Valhalla wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:57 am
“UDFAs get replaced”

Haven't seen any data on that, just the likelihood for being replaced almost immediately following such an injury. See Robinson vs Akers.
Looks like Robinson may end up a Colt.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:17 am

Doesn't matter what any depth chart says or beat writer reports ... Coaches lie & writers like to get scoops & clicks

Only thing that matters is when White comes out for the start of a drive that isn't a hurry up or catch up mode will Tucker be the one on the field

Several times guys that were on the practice squad or game day inactive previous week(s) vault over the higher depth charted guys because they were the better fit for a role and weren't special teams contributors. Coaches play games with designations to appease veteran guys who their ego would take a hit if they see a rookie above them .Also a sorta ceremonial sign of respect for their body of work they put in.

So I don't take a lot of stock in those things. Getting reps in preparation for the game plan ahead is a sign I am more concerned with. If Tucker is getting those this week then I expect he has won the chance to be first man up in the running game. But even that might change in game do we shall see

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:54 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:17 am Doesn't matter what any depth chart says or beat writer reports ... Coaches lie & writers like to get scoops & clicks

Only thing that matters is when White comes out for the start of a drive that isn't a hurry up or catch up mode will Tucker be the one on the field

Several times guys that were on the practice squad or game day inactive previous week(s) vault over the higher depth charted guys because they were the better fit for a role and weren't special teams contributors. Coaches play games with designations to appease veteran guys who their ego would take a hit if they see a rookie above them .Also a sorta ceremonial sign of respect for their body of work they put in.

So I don't take a lot of stock in those things. Getting reps in preparation for the game plan ahead is a sign I am more concerned with. If Tucker is getting those this week then I expect he has won the chance to be first man up in the running game. But even that might change in game do we shall see
Damn you should be a preacher. This enlightened me. So true
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5