Sean Tucker

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Sean Tucker

Postby Sriracha » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:33 pm

Rachaad honestly might be a buy low.

He's commanding targets and is being reamed because he's running behind the 31st run blocking O-line in the NFL. He's also been tackled near the goal line multiple times and is commanding close to the highest if not the highest snap percentage in the NFL.

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:34 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:21 pm He must be so so bad

I mean this is the worst RB room in the NFL with two of the top three proven to be terrible and the coaches decided he is worse than all of them?

Man…I’d cut for in a 10 teamer and even shallow 12 teamers
If you have a Taxi squad he’s the perfect candidate there imo. He’s firmly on mine.

I don’t think White is a bad back(he’s an excellent pass catcher) but I’ll agree Vaughn is terrible. But being an UDFA Tucker was a pretty big long shot to do anything meaningful in his first season.

Essentially, if you believed even somewhat in the talent coming out of college like I did I still think he’s a great hold. It’s going to be difficult in shallow leagues or leagues without taxis, though. He’s simply not going to do anything this season barring a White injury, and he may not even get much(or any) run then.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:37 pm

JoeJoe88 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:34 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:21 pm He must be so so bad

I mean this is the worst RB room in the NFL with two of the top three proven to be terrible and the coaches decided he is worse than all of them?

Man…I’d cut for in a 10 teamer and even shallow 12 teamers
If you have a Taxi squad he’s the perfect candidate there imo. He’s firmly on mine.

I don’t think White is a bad back(he’s an excellent pass catcher) but I’ll agree Vaughn is terrible. But being an UDFA Tucker was a pretty big long shot to do anything meaningful in his first season.

Essentially, if you believed even somewhat in the talent coming out of college like I did I still think he’s a great hold. It’s going to be difficult in shallow leagues or leagues without taxis, though. He’s simply not going to do anything this season barring a White injury, and he may not even get much(or any) run then.
This O-line is just not opening up holes in the run game.

31st in the NFL in run blocking composite grade and Tucker was always a straight line burner. Those guys just don't do as well when they have to create behind the LoS.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:53 pm

White had a good game yesterday but overall he’s pretty bad IMO

Not totally atrocious like the other two but I don’t see the Bucs running it back with him as their clear 1 (nor should they)

I actually liked him a prospect due to the receiving upside despite age and mid rushing in college but after two years of league bottom efficiency I’ve seen enough

I guess for a taxi if you can’t find anyone better sure but in normal leagues there are almost certainly RBs one injury from major volume rather than 2

Hell even rookies

I’d have just about all of those guys. Also I know James Robinsons are rare but does anyone have success stories of UDFAs who were zeros as rookies and then became good?

Generally these guys need to show out early to even justify a spot on the roster for year 2 let alone any actual playing time

According to KTC he’s valued around Zamir White and Rico Dowdle…guys with actual NFL playing time who would be startable with one injury

Hell he’s over Chris Rodriguez who had better draft cap, is getting into an NFL field and is one injury from major volume so pretty much better by any available standard through their NFL careers (not college profile obviously)

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:33 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:53 pm White had a good game yesterday but overall he’s pretty bad IMO

Not totally atrocious like the other two but I don’t see the Bucs running it back with him as their clear 1 (nor should they)

I actually liked him a prospect due to the receiving upside despite age and mid rushing in college but after two years of league bottom efficiency I’ve seen enough

I guess for a taxi if you can’t find anyone better sure but in normal leagues there are almost certainly RBs one injury from major volume rather than 2

Hell even rookies

I’d have just about all of those guys. Also I know James Robinsons are rare but does anyone have success stories of UDFAs who were zeros as rookies and then became good?

Generally these guys need to show out early to even justify a spot on the roster for year 2 let alone any actual playing time

According to KTC he’s valued around Zamir White and Rico Dowdle…guys with actual NFL playing time who would be startable with one injury

Hell he’s over Chris Rodriguez who had better draft cap, is getting into an NFL field and is one injury from major volume so pretty much better by any available standard through their NFL careers (not college profile obviously)
Arian Foster. He wasn't a complete zero but he only had 257 yards in his rookie year.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:42 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:53 pm White had a good game yesterday but overall he’s pretty bad IMO

Hell even rookies

Priest Holmes only played special teams as a rookie. He had no production on offense.

He’s the only I can think of. Most others had at least ~200 yards or so their rookie year.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:20 pm

The Bucs will likely add talent to this room next year. If Tucker can't carve out a role this year, it's unlikely he ever will. This was such a bad RB room. Never say never, but the odds are even worse next year, if he doesn't do something vs these slugs.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:38 am

Another dart throw that completely missed the board. Or will they give him a chance if they keep losing?

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:40 pm

RBs outside of day 1 and 2 have extremely low hit rates. Even round 3 rbs have terrible hit rates (if we’re talking about long-term).

This was a small sample size (2015-2019 i think), but it probably gives you a good idea just how bad a bet they are from a long term perspective. Now buy and flip is a totally different game.
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:23 pm
NFL Draft Round 3

If you were to pick a RB drafted in round 3 at random [16 total]
At least 1 1k Yard Season – 19%
At least 2 1k Yard Seasons – 0%
At least 3 1k Yard Seasons – 0%
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:23 pm

NFL Draft Round 3

My Model (Tier 1) – 2
1k Yard Seasons
0 [50%] – D’Onta Foreman
1 [50%] – David Johnson
2 –
3 –

Other – 14
1k Yard Seasons
0 [86%] – Tevin Coleman, Duke Johnson, Matt Jones, Kenyan Drake, CJ Prosise, Alvin Kamara, James Conner, Royce Freeman, Darrell Henderson, Devin Singletary, Damien Harris, Alexander Mattison
1 [14%]– Kareem Hunt, David Montgomery
2 –
3 –

Total Prospects – 16

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:02 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:38 am Another dart throw that completely missed the board. Or will they give him a chance if they keep losing?
I think I said this in the Michael Strachan thread years back, but teams have no vested interest in seeing an UDFA succeed. It's not a Day 1 or Day 2 pick, where they will get a few years worth of opportunities before they throw in the towel. If they don't show something after 1 season, it's pretty much over. They're end of roster players, which makes them expendable every year for a new, shiny dart throw.

Trajectories like Adam Thielen and Arian Foster are the .00001% of outcomes for UDFAs.

Sean Tucker is more talented than the typical UDFA, but if he's still irrelevant by the end of the season, you can safely move on to the next dart throw just like Tampa Bay will be doing. On top of it, his medical issue still makes it even more unlikely that he's any sort of long-term asset.

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:25 am

Officially active today fwiw. Vaughn made inactive.