Jordan Love: Superflex talk

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Jordan Love: Superflex talk

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:05 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:39 pm Thanks for correction on Romo. ESPN only has him listed to 2005. They must not show if inactive all year or something.

Agree on Dak. I just don’t view development while playing the same as development on the bench. I’m not ready to give Dallas benefit of the doubt on that yet, but I get it.
Fair take to have :thumbup:

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:14 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:24 pm
DAL is the same team that turned UDFA Tony Romo and 4th round pick Dak Prescott into MVP candidates. They might be up there with GB in terms of QB development and Lance was directly comped to Love by GB's front office coming out.
I didn’t recall seeing anything like that coming out of GB on Lance so I just did a pretty thorough search looking for that comp and couldn’t find anything.

Could you provide a link to it?

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:42 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:14 pm
DAL is the same team that turned UDFA Tony Romo and 4th round pick Dak Prescott into MVP candidates. They might be up there with GB in terms of QB development and Lance was directly comped to Love by GB's front office coming out.
I didn’t recall seeing anything like that coming out of GB on Lance so I just did a pretty thorough search looking for that comp and couldn’t find anything.

Could you provide a link to it?
It was just a draft day blurb that was released shortly after the 9ers selected him 3rd overall. Those are really hard to find years after the fact. It was effectively an "unnamed packers executive" that was floored by the support the 9ers received for making the pick after they were crucified by fans and media alike for moving up to select Love in the late 1st.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:26 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:29 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:39 pm

I don’t believe so, and if he weren’t in DAL I’d be hoping I’m wrong. He’s a long long way from having done anything at QB, and when he did it was only 1 year at a lower college level. The SF staff knows something about QB play at the NFL level and could have kept him at little cost to try to wring some kind of return out of him and instead let him go for a 4th rounder to a conference rival.

Way too much baggage there.
I think, like Jordan, Lance found himself in the perfect situation to develop.

Very similar talent in terms of untapped potential that needs to be polished.

SF for all of their situation handled Lance with an immense amount of impatience; We'll see if that comes back to haunt them given Purdy's struggles so far vs top 10 defenses.
Dak started as a rookie. He wasn’t developed on the bench.

Romo did sit one year, so there’s that to an extent. But I’d still not consider it similar to Love sitting for 3.
Love also sat behind the same QB, a HOFer, in the same system, with the same coach, for 3 years. Lance doesn't have the arm talent Love does, nor is he as loose. I think Lance is a lost cause, but you never know. Problem is, he has almost no time at the QB position, in his life, on a game field.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:48 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:26 pmLove also sat behind the same QB, a HOFer, in the same system, with the same coach, for 3 years. Lance doesn't have the arm talent Love does, nor is he as loose.
I was about to type the same thing.

There is no valid comparison between Love and Lance. It's like comparing a kid's stick figure drawing to Michaelangelo. Lance is not a good QB and will never be a competent NFL QB.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:47 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:26 pmLove also sat behind the same QB, a HOFer, in the same system, with the same coach, for 3 years. Lance doesn't have the arm talent Love does, nor is he as loose.
That's too early to say imo Love didn't show the ability to layer his throws and throw with touch, at least consistently, until his final year of college. Lance has shown the ability to throw to the outside numbers and get the ball to anywhere on the field. He also has very good pocket mobility and is athletic enough that defenses will need to account for his ability to run.

Obviously he won't be sitting behind a HoFer but Dak should be a solid QB that he can learn the fundamentals and how to prepare from. We'll see what happens with McCarthy but even if he's canned the new guy will likely get a few years.

Both of these guys were late bloomers, with elite physical talent, that displayed high level processing upside in college and despite his tumultuous start to his NFL career Lance is still just 23 years old.

It's not a 1 to 1 parallel but there are similarities. Raw QB prospect with all the talent in the world that just needs to be polished. You either believe in QB development or you don't.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:07 pm

Sriracha wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:47 am
That's too early to say imo Love didn't show the ability to layer his throws and throw with touch, at least consistently, until his final year of college. Lance has shown the ability to throw to the outside numbers and get the ball to anywhere on the field. He also has very good pocket mobility and is athletic enough that defenses will need to account for his ability to run.

Obviously he won't be sitting behind a HoFer but Dak should be a solid QB that he can learn the fundamentals and how to prepare from. We'll see what happens with McCarthy but even if he's canned the new guy will likely get a few years.

Both of these guys were late bloomers, with elite physical talent, that displayed high level processing upside in college and despite his tumultuous start to his NFL career Lance is still just 23 years old.

It's not a 1 to 1 parallel but there are similarities. Raw QB prospect with all the talent in the world that just needs to be polished. You either believe in QB development or you don't.
Lance's contract is up after next season though, there's no guarantees he's in Dallas after that. I don't see Lance's arm talent as all that special, but to each their own.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:10 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:24 pm
He's proving to be a competitor of the highest level. His best games have come in revenge games and he shines brightest when the Packers need him the most. I don't have the stats here but he's got to be absolutely lighting it up on 3rd/4th down and his TD efficiency in the redzone has been remarkable, as well. It seems like every moment they need him to be great during this 2nd half stretch, he's delivered.
on 3rd down in the last two weeks, both were elimination games for Green Bay:

11/14 (with a drop) - 85.7% adjusted completion
138 yards
147.3 QB Rating
3 TD
11 1st downs converted
93.8 PFF passing grade (Elite)
Two of those incompletions were Superman throws that Doubs and Melton just barely couldn't handle in the End zone, too.

Absolute money 8-)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:21 pm

Sriracha wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:10 pm
He's proving to be a competitor of the highest level. His best games have come in revenge games and he shines brightest when the Packers need him the most. I don't have the stats here but he's got to be absolutely lighting it up on 3rd/4th down and his TD efficiency in the redzone has been remarkable, as well. It seems like every moment they need him to be great during this 2nd half stretch, he's delivered.

138 yards
147.3 QB Rating
3 TD
11 1st downs converted
Two of those incompletions were Superman throws that Doubs and Melton just barely couldn't handle in the End zone, too.

Absolute money 8-)
YEP

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:35 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:21 pm
Sriracha wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:10 pm

138 yards
147.3 QB Rating
3 TD
11 1st downs converted

Absolute money 8-)
YEP
LOL. Was just coming here to say the same thing. He has looked good (dammit).
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:49 pm

Who are the QB's you're taking ahead of J.Love?
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:16 pm

Mahomes, Allen, Lamar Jackson, Burrow, Stroud, Dak, Purdy (maybe) Fields, Herbert (maybe) then I get to the Love tier

This is in no order, just going off memory
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:24 pm

in FANTASY football I'm taking

Allen, Mahomes, Lamar, Stroud, Herbert, Burrow, Hurts, maybe Kyler

In reality I'd of course take him higher (over Kyler for sure, probably Hurts and think he has a solid case over Burrow)

Rushing is too valuable in fantasy though. This is a game where Josh Dobbs got me to the playoffs in a couple leagues just because of his legs, where Jalen Hurts has averaged 24.5 PPG since his sophomore year (3 year span) despite being good only one of those years in real life, where Kyler Murray came back from an ACL and outscored Mahomes, Stroud and Herbert, etc

For both floor and ceiling

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:26 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:46 am I was doing this for Stroud, but here's how I view Love.

QBs definitely ahead of Love
Mahomes, Allen, Hurts, Stroud, Herbert, Burrow, Lamar

QBs I probably take over Love
TLaw, Kyler, Tua, Dak, Purdy

Then you are looking Love vs Richardson/Fields/Howell/Bryce/Goff/Watson. I don't see myself trading Love straight up for any aside from maybe Richardson if I want the moonshot. So he's right outside the QB1 conversation for me and I bet you could get a huge + if you were moving TLaw or Dak for Love
I'm not sure I'm taking Burrow or Herbert over Love definitively anymore, but probably still lean them on the longevity.

Can probably just rename that 2nd tier to "QBs I take right after Love" to make it easy. Richardson still intrigues me. Those other QB (Fields, Howell) aren't even close to Love now

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:32 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:24 pm in FANTASY football I'm taking

Allen, Mahomes, Lamar, Stroud, Herbert, Burrow, Hurts, maybe Kyler

In reality I'd of course take him higher (over Kyler for sure, probably Hurts and think he has a solid case over Burrow)

Rushing is too valuable in fantasy though. This is a game where Josh Dobbs got me to the playoffs in a couple leagues just because of his legs, where Jalen Hurts has averaged 24.5 PPG since his sophomore year (3 year span) despite being good only one of those years in real life, where Kyler Murray came back from an ACL and outscored Mahomes, Stroud and Herbert, etc

For both floor and ceiling
Fair

For me it's probably:
Tier 0: Allen
Tier 1: Mahomes, Lamar
Tier 2: Kyler?, Hurts?, Stroud, Love, Herbert
Tier 3: Burrow, AR

It's hard to trust Kyler and Hurts right now given the warts they've shown recently but I'd probably lean into them if I were trying to win it this year just based on their rushing upside.

I don't see a case for Stroud to be ahead of Love. Both of these guys have the same question marks and look to be heading the new wave of elite passing QBs. Herbert if you value floor given that he's done it 3 straight years but his situation is a big unknown going forward and subjectively he doesn't have the same kind of "dawg" in him that I see in Stroud and Love.

I think you have to ding Burrow for being injury prone at this point and he's going to in all likelihood lose one of the best WR2s in the NFL this off-season.