Jordan Love: Superflex talk

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jordan Love: Superflex talk

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:55 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:14 pm Curious as to what folks here think of Love's trade value.
In a 12 team SF TEP PPR league, start 11. My team is mid, finished 6th in 2023.

Team strengths are QB, Mahomes, Kyler, Love, and TE, Kelce, Andrews, Hockenson, Musgrave.
Team weaknesses are RB, Kamara, Aaron Jones, Charbonnet, and WR, Godwin, C. Kirk, Boyd.

The owner of the 1.04 just put his pick OTB. I am a huge fan of Malik Nabers.
Would you trade Jordan Love, the 3.08 and 4.08 for the 1.04 and the 2.04?
I wouldn't do this. What if Nabers goes earlier? I wouldn't consider moving Love at this point for an early first. I'd need 2 to consider it.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:58 am

Season is over now, what do we think? Somewhere between QB9-13 feels right to me, I'll personally take him over Tua, Purdy, Lawrence, Dak and Richardson. Behind the usual suspects, Stroud, Herbert, and Hurts.

The efficiency metrics seem unsustainable and teams will have tape on him next year, but I think the team around him is likely to improve.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:27 am

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:58 am Season is over now, what do we think? Somewhere between QB9-13 feels right to me, I'll personally take him over Tua, Purdy, Lawrence, Dak and Richardson. Behind the usual suspects, Stroud, Herbert, and Hurts.

The efficiency metrics seem unsustainable and teams will have tape on him next year, but I think the team around him is likely to improve.
I'd take Allen, Jackson, Mahomes, Hurts and Stroud over him. I think it's debatable after that. Same range as Herbert, Purdy and Burrow to me. Murray is a wildcard (only the gamblers among us would take him this high). And I want Love over AR, T.Law, etc.

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:49 am

tstafford wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:27 am
JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:58 am Season is over now, what do we think? Somewhere between QB9-13 feels right to me, I'll personally take him over Tua, Purdy, Lawrence, Dak and Richardson. Behind the usual suspects, Stroud, Herbert, and Hurts.

I'd take Allen, Jackson, Mahomes, Hurts and Stroud over him. I think it's debatable after that. Same range as Herbert, Purdy and Burrow to me. Murray is a wildcard (only the gamblers among us would take him this high). And I want Love over AR, T.Law, etc.
This seems about right. I’d still have Herbert and Burrow ahead, but it’s not by much. Love would be just ahead of Purdy for me.

Agree on TLaw. Arich is a little tougher, but I do have concerns with injuries for him because of how banged up he already was in such a short time in the league. So I’d lean Love there as well.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:12 pm

JoeJoe88 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:49 am
tstafford wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:27 am

This seems about right. I’d still have Herbert and Burrow ahead, but it’s not by much. Love would be just ahead of Purdy for me.

Agree on TLaw. Arich is a little tougher, but I do have concerns with injuries for him because of how banged up he already was in such a short time in the league. So I’d lean Love there as well.
Nailed it

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:43 pm

I could understand someone wanting AR over him if they were chasing ceiling scoring.

Love is incredible at throwing, without a doubt - but he's never going to be a rusher like Allen / Lamar / Hurts. AR at least has that ceiling outcome in his range of possibilities.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:47 pm

mild wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:43 pm I could understand someone wanting AR over him if they were chasing ceiling scoring.

Love is incredible at throwing, without a doubt - but he's never going to be a rusher like Allen / Lamar / Hurts. AR at least has that ceiling outcome in his range of possibilities.
Yep. Without the injuries I'd have him higher on my board. For now I'm a little leery.

Along the same lines, I have Jayden Daniels higher than Maye on my SF rookie board (pending combine/draft). 1,134 rush yards (net of sacks) is pretty impressive for '23.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:32 am

mild wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:43 pm I could understand someone wanting AR over him if they were chasing ceiling scoring.

1QB give me AR

SF+ give me Love

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:23 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:32 am

1QB give me AR

SF+ give me Love
I have seen this strategy mentioned before. But never seen an explanation to why AR is better suited for 1QB than SF+?

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:27 am

trc wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:23 am

1QB give me AR

SF+ give me Love
I have seen this strategy mentioned before. But never seen an explanation to why AR is better suited for 1QB than SF+?
I think it’s because in 1QB you need a true difference maker to really set yourself apart from the rest of the league. Arich has the potential to be the QB1 like a Hurts or Allen due to his rushing ability.

Love is likely safer, albeit has a lower ceiling.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:02 pm

Jordan Love has solidified his spot as a backend QB 1 but needs to clean up his mechanics still. He's fallen in love with the off platform throws so much that he seldom settles in to plant his feet and drive throws into traffic. That split second helps his WRs yac & keeps them safer from getting lit up.

The MVP of the Packers was whomever created the game plans. Like Ben Johnson w/ the Lions the GB play caller(s) were on fire in creating space for the passing game & spreading it around to multiple receivers. Then when you add Love creating 3-4 plays off platform you have a great chance you are putting up 30 points while giving your defense a rest. Also that makes the opponents more predictable if they are playing to match points.
Next year if Love shows as much improvement as this year then he could join the top tier guys. But the NFL is league of adjustment to take away what your tendency is so we will see what happens. Definitely a rising ✨️

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:26 pm

JoeJoe88 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:27 am

1QB give me AR

SF+ give me Love
I think it’s because in 1QB you need a true difference maker to really set yourself apart from the rest of the league. Arich has the potential to be the QB1 like a Hurts or Allen due to his rushing ability.

You need that in SF too?
My thinking is that you need difference makers in most leagues. I could see a preference for stability if you go into full idp or with start 12+ offensive players.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:37 pm

trc wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:26 pm

You need that in SF too?
My thinking is that you need difference makers in most leagues. I could see a preference for stability if you go into full idp or with start 12+ offensive players.
IMO it’s a combination of ceiling and replacement cost. In 1 QB if your high ceiling guy happens to bust, replacement cost to try again is much lower. SF is generally not as easy to add a QB unless you have a high draft pick.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:40 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:37 pm

You need that in SF too?
IMO it’s a combination of ceiling and replacement cost. In 1 QB if your high ceiling guy happens to bust, replacement cost to try again is much lower. SF is generally not as easy to add a QB unless you have a high draft pick.
I had a response typed up but you nailed it. Replacement cost is much cheaper in 1QB.

Think of a league where you only had to start 1 RB or WR. People would swing for the difference makers and devalue the rest

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:12 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:37 pm

You need that in SF too?
Makes perfectly sense, thank you.