Jordan Love: Superflex talk

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jordan Love: Superflex talk

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:06 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:38 pm I didn’t believe in the early season hot streak but he has been nothing short of exceptional since like week 10

Should be a top 20ish startup pick

Those young weapons are only going to improve
In Superflex? He's a first rounder. How many QB's are you taking over him at this point? The back half of the season, and now a playoff game in Dallas he's been the best QB in the NFL with no proven supporting cast at WR or TE.

I expect them to get blasted by SF, but IDC, and who knows?

What more do you want to see? He can do it with a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players, with almost no experience. So, I'm thinking he's pushing the top 5 in SF at this point, if it's 6 pts per TD pass, which it should be.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:19 pm

Jeezus you guys, get a room already. LOL.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:01 pm

Good to see you come over to the thread where we talk about good QB's.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:07 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:01 pm Good to see you come over to the thread where we talk about good QB's.
Right? It's refreshing. LOL.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:19 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:07 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:01 pm Good to see you come over to the thread where we talk about good QB's.
Right? It's refreshing. LOL.
I'd rather get a room wiith this guy, to get some financial advice. Check the date.

https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/ ... 5206066178
Janiel Dones Truther

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:30 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:19 pm Jeezus you guys, get a room already. LOL.

Nah, keep it going. Initially I came to this thread to ask which QBs you'd guys still take ahead of JL(so basically his ranking)..but these past few pages turned out to be quite entertaining( though the "bye felicia" -part was actually kind of lame...)

I'm by no means a financial expert, but I think its fairly obvious Jordan Love did and is doing something right.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:24 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:06 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:38 pm I didn’t believe in the early season hot streak but he has been nothing short of exceptional since like week 10

Should be a top 20ish startup pick

Those young weapons are only going to improve
In Superflex? He's a first rounder. How many QB's are you taking over him at this point? The back half of the season, and now a playoff game in Dallas he's been the best QB in the NFL with no proven supporting cast at WR or TE.

I expect them to get blasted by SF, but IDC, and who knows?

What more do you want to see? He can do it with a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players, with almost no experience. So, I'm thinking he's pushing the top 5 in SF at this point, if it's 6 pts per TD pass, which it should be.
Some people will think that's too early but I agree.

I pretty much just have 3 questions for him at this point: Can he do it again next year? Will he adjust his playing style to less fadeaways in games where he needs to cut through the elements? And will he ever develop into an elite deep ball thrower (50+ yards)?

I think the answer to that is yes, yes and maybe. I know many people will scoff at this, but I really believe we're looking at prime Aaron Rodgers here.

These last 9 games have been up there with any hot stretch of Rodger's career and he's doing it with an inexperienced receiving core that is likely to only get better.

He's proving to be a competitor of the highest level. His best games have come in revenge games and he shines brightest when the Packers need him the most. I don't have the stats here but he's got to be absolutely lighting it up on 3rd/4th down and his TD efficiency in the redzone has been remarkable, as well. It seems like every moment they need him to be great during this 2nd half stretch, he's delivered.

At this point, unless your name is Mahomes or you have an elite rushing ceiling I'd probably rather have Love.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:28 pm

After seeing what Jordan Love has done this season, after sitting for 3 years on the bench, does that give anyone hope yet for Trey Lance?

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:39 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:28 pm After seeing what Jordan Love has done this season, after sitting for 3 years on the bench, does that give anyone hope yet for Trey Lance?
I don’t believe so, and if he weren’t in DAL I’d be hoping I’m wrong. He’s a long long way from having done anything at QB, and when he did it was only 1 year at a lower college level. The SF staff knows something about QB play at the NFL level and could have kept him at little cost to try to wring some kind of return out of him and instead let him go for a 4th rounder to a conference rival.

Way too much baggage there.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:41 pm

Kinda interesting that Trey was the only QB from that 2021 draft class in the playoffs this season.

:whistle:

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:52 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:39 pm
MacDaddy123 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:28 pm After seeing what Jordan Love has done this season, after sitting for 3 years on the bench, does that give anyone hope yet for Trey Lance?
I don’t believe so, and if he weren’t in DAL I’d be hoping I’m wrong. He’s a long long way from having done anything at QB, and when he did it was only 1 year at a lower college level. The SF staff knows something about QB play at the NFL level and could have kept him at little cost to try to wring some kind of return out of him and instead let him go for a 4th rounder to a conference rival.

I agree that most people are out on Lance now, but most people were out on Jordan Love as well.

I mean I drafted Jordan Love with pick 33.03 in a 12 team SF TEP Full IDP startup in June 2022, after 2 years of sitting on the bench.
I was also able to grab Love at 15.05 in a 14 team SF TEP League in May 2022.
I was even able to grab Love at 10.04 in a 12 team SF TEP startup this season in May 2023.

I'd be willing to throw a pick like that at Lance in a SF startup in 2024.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:24 pm

I think, like Jordan, Lance found himself in the perfect situation to develop.

DAL is the same team that turned UDFA Tony Romo and 4th round pick Dak Prescott into MVP candidates. They might be up there with GB in terms of QB development and Lance was directly comped to Love by GB's front office coming out.

Very similar talent in terms of untapped potential that needs to be polished.

While SF is a very QB friendly offense they showed an immense amount of impatience with Lance; We'll see if that comes back to haunt them given Purdy's struggles so far vs top 10 defenses.

frerichs5
MVP
MVP

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:29 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:24 pm

DAL is the same team that turned UDFA Tony Romo and 4th round pick Dak Prescott into MVP candidates. They might be up there with GB in terms of QB development and Lance was directly comped to Love by GB's front office coming out.

SF for all of their situation handled Lance with an immense amount of impatience; We'll see if that comes back to haunt them given Purdy's struggles so far vs top 10 defenses.
Dak started as a rookie. He wasn’t developed on the bench.

Romo did sit one year, so there’s that to an extent. But I’d still not consider it similar to Love sitting for 3.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:31 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:29 pm

SF for all of their situation handled Lance with an immense amount of impatience; We'll see if that comes back to haunt them given Purdy's struggles so far vs top 10 defenses.

Romo did sit one year, so there’s that to an extent. But I’d still not consider it similar to Love sitting for 3.
Dak has shown a lot of growth as a QB during his time there, and Romo sat for 2 years not 1.

frerichs5
MVP
MVP

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:39 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:31 pm
frerichs5 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:29 pm

Dak has shown a lot of growth as a QB during his time there, and Romo sat for 2 years not 1.
Thanks for correction on Romo. ESPN only has him listed to 2005. They must not show if inactive all year or something.

Agree on Dak. I just don’t view development while playing the same as development on the bench. I’m not ready to give Dallas benefit of the doubt on that yet, but I get it.