Bijan Robinson THE THREAD

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Bijan Robinson THE THREAD

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri May 05, 2023 5:01 am

j4pac wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:03 am
Lots of revisionist history here. Barkley was elite at everything. Easily the best prospect of the four. Next I’d take Gurley, then CmC. Zeke and Bijan aren’t on those guys level. I’m in the minority but in one of my leagues I’m trading out of 1.01 hoping to get Gibbs, who I think is better.
Barkley struggled running in tight quarters(and still does). It doesn’t keep him from being an elite back (obviously) but that weakness was as clear in college as it is now.

Now that I’m a Bijan owner my view hasn’t changed about his strengths and weaknesses, but geez could he have gone to a better spot? Enough offensive weapons to keep teams from loading the box and a commitment to run the ball with excellence. If this team can make Allgeier a very productive RB, where can Bijan go? It’s like a match of Terrell Davis and the Shanahan offense, or Faulk and the Vermeil offense, or Zeke and the Garrett offense. It’s Cinderella and the slipper.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri May 05, 2023 5:05 am

Barkley was an amazing prospect, and I agree probably the best prospect of them all, but one thing he absolutely wasn’t was an elite interior runner. I guess that’s subjective but to my eyes he was lacking in that area in college and then many complained about it once he was in the pros.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Fri May 05, 2023 6:01 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:01 am
Lots of revisionist history here. Barkley was elite at everything. Easily the best prospect of the four. Next I’d take Gurley, then CmC. Zeke and Bijan aren’t on those guys level. I’m in the minority but in one of my leagues I’m trading out of 1.01 hoping to get Gibbs, who I think is better.
Barkley struggled running in tight quarters(and still does). It doesn’t keep him from being an elite back (obviously) but that weakness was as clear in college as it is now.

Now that I’m a Bijan owner my view hasn’t changed about his strengths and weaknesses, but geez could he have gone to a better spot? Enough offensive weapons to keep teams from loading the box and a commitment to run the ball with excellence. If this team can make Allgeier a very productive RB, where can Bijan go? It’s like a match of Terrell Davis and the Shanahan offense, or Faulk and the Vermeil offense, or Zeke and the Garrett offense. It’s Cinderella and the slipper.
Allgeier is pretty good…and I’m not convinced they are going to throw the ball to the RB position all that much. Gibbs could easily be a better PPR asset
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri May 05, 2023 6:09 am

j4pac wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:01 am

Allgeier is pretty good…and I’m not convinced they are going to throw the ball to the RB position all that much. Gibbs could easily be a better PPR asset
Cordarelle Patterson was their running back prior to Allgeier. He did alright in terms of receiving, so I don’t think it’s a problem with offensive mindset that would hold back Bijan on that front.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Fri May 05, 2023 6:31 am

ericanadian wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:09 am

Cordarelle Patterson was their running back prior to Allgeier. He did alright in terms of receiving, so I don’t think it’s a problem with offensive mindset that would hold back Bijan on that front.
Don’t get me wrong…Bijan is a really good prospect. But I don’t understand the God tier talk…he looks like a really solid guy but there is nothing that I see that says he’ll be Peterson, Tomlinson, or even Barkley/Gurley/CMac. Trying to separate myself from all the hype and group think…Gibbs has simply looked better in my opinion. He’s 5’9”..but that is really his only concern.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Fri May 05, 2023 6:53 am

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 05, 2023 7:04 am

What was it?

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri May 05, 2023 7:06 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:04 am
What was it?
Bijan is working out with Chase to refine his receiving game.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri May 05, 2023 8:05 am

j4pac wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:31 am

Don’t get me wrong…Bijan is a really good prospect. But I don’t understand the God tier talk…he looks like a really solid guy but there is nothing that I see that says he’ll be Peterson, Tomlinson, or even Barkley/Gurley/CMac. Trying to separate myself from all the hype and group think…Gibbs has simply looked better in my opinion. He’s 5’9”..but that is really his only concern.
I don’t necessarily disagree with you on the ascension of Bijan. Was more just pointing out that they might throw to the RB a bit. They mostly stopped last year because Mariota runs a lot.

I’d be a bit worried about where Gibbs will be playing. That turf has eaten more than a few careers over the years.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 05, 2023 8:47 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:06 am
Jigga94 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:04 am
What was it?
Bijan is working out with Chase to refine his receiving game.
Nice, just saw it. Not sure why it didn't open on the computer

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri May 05, 2023 10:26 am

j4pac wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:31 am

Imo fantasy group think doesn’t apply anymore when a RB gets drafted 8th overall in the real draft. It’s not just this group who is high on him anymore. It’s actual NFL people

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 05, 2023 10:32 am

IDK how anyone can think Gibbs looks better for the NFL as a runner. He's really not cut out for interior running in the NFL, and he likely won't be used that way. He will hopefully get the early years Kamara/R Bush type usage, and for PPR leagues, that's good.

Bijan is an elite prospect by every measurement. The odd time elite prospects don't pan out, but the odds are pretty good in Bijan's favour, especially with the team he went to.

LT played 4 years in college, Bijan 3. While LT's last 2 years were amazing, he didn't have a receiving profile coming into the NFL, though he ended up being a dual threat in the NFL. Bijan has a much better receiving profile coming out, and is came out early. I don't think people need to over think it. Bijan is a prospect that doesn't come along every year. He's the type of prospect that only comes out a few times a decade.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 05, 2023 10:37 am

Yep. It was talked about back when he was coming out, it's not revisionist to say that.

Gurley and Zeke were much better and more instinctive runners between the tackles.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri May 05, 2023 10:16 pm

Watching Bijan, he looks NOTHING like the recent stud 1.01 backs. Breece, Saquon, Zeke, etc. They are THICC. Bijan looks small, and honestly kinda slow.

But I'll tell you who he does look like: he looks a lot like Arian Foster to me. Am I crazy?
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 05, 2023 10:23 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:16 pm Watching Bijan, he looks NOTHING like the recent stud 1.01 backs. Breece, Saquon, Zeke, etc. They are THICC. Bijan looks small, and honestly kinda slow.

But I'll tell you who he does look like: he looks a lot like Arian Foster to me. Am I crazy?
Bijan looks thicker than Breece. I don't think Bijan looks small at all. He's not as big as Zeke or SB was, but he's certainly not small.