GOAT

Re: Aaron Rodgers to the Jets

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:02 pm

Lumps wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:57 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:45 pm
Lumps wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:25 pm Finally, it's not clickbait:

Trade compensation, per sources:

Jets get:
🏈Aaron Rodgers, pick No. 15, a 2023 5th-rd pick (No. 170).

Packers get:
🏈Pick No. 13, a 2023 2nd-rd pick (No. 42), a 6th-rd pick (No. 207), a conditional 2024 2nd-rd pick that becomes a 1st if Rodgers plays 65 percent of the plays.
Well done by the Packers. A 1st and 2nd, at worst 2 seconds, and a move up in the first round this year.
Zach Wilson now playing 36% of plays. Any time they have a game in hand, pull Rodgers! :lol: :lol: And/or some more wildcat stuff!
Imagine they forgot to say offensive plays in the official deal, and the Jets just pointed out that the Defensive snaps count as plays, since it wasn't specified. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:05 pm

I'm surprised that the conditional pick basically protects for injury but not for retirement following 2023-2024 season. Did the NYJ blink on this? I thought that their main hangup was protection for retirement after a year.

As of right now it looks like a 23 2nd and a 24 1st (and pick swap this year) for A A Ron
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:26 pm

abloom wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:05 pm I'm surprised that the conditional pick basically protects for injury but not for retirement following 2023-2024 season. Did the NYJ blink on this? I thought that their main hangup was protection for retirement after a year.

As of right now it looks like a 23 2nd and a 24 1st (and pick swap this year) for A A Ron
Could be that Rodgers gave them a wink across the aisle on that one.

But yes, I would say they blinked. They've got protection from an act of god, and not much more.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:07 pm

Important question: is Aaron Rodgers married, does he have someone?
Interesting out of the Zach Wilson perspective
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:11 pm

mild wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:26 pm Could be that Rodgers gave them a wink across the aisle on that one.

But yes, I would say they blinked. They've got protection from an act of god, and not much more.
Connor Hughes basically winking the same thing now, fwiw

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/sta ... 25344?s=20

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:06 pm

Wonder if he’s sticking with the great gazoo helmet style on the Jets

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:17 pm

kadun2 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:06 pm Wonder if he’s sticking with the great gazoo helmet style on the Jets
He chose the Jets to ensure continuity of the green helmet, no doubt…
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon May 01, 2023 1:04 pm

There's gonna be some interesting takes in this thread and on this board later this year. Here's Aaron throwing with Garrett already/still.

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/sta ... PK_fAtAAAA

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu May 04, 2023 3:35 pm

Aaron going to Knicks games with Sauce and introducing him to Jessica Alba. Sure doesn't seem like Aaron has a problem with being around his teammates. Sauce is a legend already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DwAIKH ... hEisenShow

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 04, 2023 8:55 pm

Lumps wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:35 pm Aaron going to Knicks games with Sauce and introducing him to Jessica Alba. Sure doesn't seem like Aaron has a problem with being around his teammates. Sauce is a legend already.

He is?

Also, genuinely curious why it's a big deal that a QB is doing his job in the off season, especially when it's a new team and WR's. With the amount of money he's getting, and the hill they have to climb in the AFC, it's pretty obvious they need to be professionals. Not saying it's bad, just that it should be expected. It's not impressive that Rodgers is throwing with his WR's in May. It would raise eyebrows if he wasn't, but I don't know why anybody expected him to do anything but what he's doing. I never expected Rodgers to come in and coast. He's got a chance to win a title with the D he has, if he can pull out that MVP level game of his, he was at not too long ago.

Were there people saying he was checked out and would just do the bare minimum with the Jets or something? I don't watch much TV and am not on Twitter, so wondering if there were some talking heads talking smack about him, or something??

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu May 04, 2023 9:35 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:55 pm Also, genuinely curious why it's a big deal that a QB is doing his job in the off season, especially when it's a new team and WR's. With the amount of money he's getting, and the hill they have to climb in the AFC, it's pretty obvious they need to be professionals. Not saying it's bad, just that it should be expected. It's not impressive that Rodgers is throwing with his WR's in May. It would raise eyebrows if he wasn't, but I don't know why anybody expected him to do anything but what he's doing. I never expected Rodgers to come in and coast. He's got a chance to win a title with the D he has, if he can pull out that MVP level game of his, he was at not too long ago.
I think the main shift people are picking up on here is that he's doing something that he hasn't done in nearly 3 years.

He skipped OTA's with the Packers in both 2021 and 2022.

The fact that he's locked in and being a professional suggests he's bought in on the program, and is ready to do everything in his power to have success with the Jets this year. Whilst I agree that "you'd bloody hope so" on that front, it clearly wasn't something he was doing in Green Bay by the end with the milk souring in the building between he and the Org.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 05, 2023 12:41 am

mild wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:35 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:55 pm Also, genuinely curious why it's a big deal that a QB is doing his job in the off season, especially when it's a new team and WR's. With the amount of money he's getting, and the hill they have to climb in the AFC, it's pretty obvious they need to be professionals. Not saying it's bad, just that it should be expected. It's not impressive that Rodgers is throwing with his WR's in May. It would raise eyebrows if he wasn't, but I don't know why anybody expected him to do anything but what he's doing. I never expected Rodgers to come in and coast. He's got a chance to win a title with the D he has, if he can pull out that MVP level game of his, he was at not too long ago.
I think the main shift people are picking up on here is that he's doing something that he hasn't done in nearly 3 years.

He skipped OTA's with the Packers in both 2021 and 2022.

The fact that he's locked in and being a professional suggests he's bought in on the program, and is ready to do everything in his power to have success with the Jets this year. Whilst I agree that "you'd bloody hope so" on that front, it clearly wasn't something he was doing in Green Bay by the end with the milk souring in the building between he and the Org.
Fair point.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri May 05, 2023 5:18 am

Good for him knowing that he couldn't bring that standoff-ish Green Bay stench to New York. The AFC is absolutely brutal and the Jets are going to need every ounce of chemistry and commradery possible to get into the playoffs.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri May 05, 2023 5:29 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:55 pm
Lumps wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:35 pm Aaron going to Knicks games with Sauce and introducing him to Jessica Alba. Sure doesn't seem like Aaron has a problem with being around his teammates. Sauce is a legend already.

He is?

Also, genuinely curious why it's a big deal that a QB is doing his job in the off season, especially when it's a new team and WR's. With the amount of money he's getting, and the hill they have to climb in the AFC, it's pretty obvious they need to be professionals. Not saying it's bad, just that it should be expected. It's not impressive that Rodgers is throwing with his WR's in May. It would raise eyebrows if he wasn't, but I don't know why anybody expected him to do anything but what he's doing. I never expected Rodgers to come in and coast. He's got a chance to win a title with the D he has, if he can pull out that MVP level game of his, he was at not too long ago.

Were there people saying he was checked out and would just do the bare minimum with the Jets or something? I don't watch much TV and am not on Twitter, so wondering if there were some talking heads talking smack about him, or something??
It’s not a big deal for a QB to be working with his receivers in May. It’s a big deal for Rodgers to be doing it. Rodgers was completely comfortable in that offense and didn’t feel that he needed to spend any more of his time at QB than he absolutely had to. He was what is being called a “quiet quitter”. Then he got pissed off and whined when his young receivers weren’t developing to his standards and weren’t in sync with him.

Now he’s got some fire back in his belly, a chip back on his shoulder, and is willing to put in the extra work that elite QBs do to make their team the best they can. That should excite Jets’ fans just as much as it frustrates Packers’ fans. His entitlement and attitude was definitely part of the problem in GB.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri May 05, 2023 5:50 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:29 am It’s not a big deal for a QB to be working with his receivers in May. It’s a big deal for Rodgers to be doing it. Rodgers was completely comfortable in that offense and didn’t feel that he needed to spend any more of his time at QB than he absolutely had to. He was what is being called a “quiet quitter”. Then he got pissed off and whined when his young receivers weren’t developing to his standards and weren’t in sync with him.
To be fair to Rodgers, the last time he skipped OTA's in 2022, he:

- was literally coming off his 2nd consecutive MVP season
- had just had his "mind melded" Pro Bowl WR traded away and replaced with very raw 2nd and 3rd round rookies
- had his longtime collaborator / friend / ally on the coaching staff leave for Denver, but also try to take him with him
- ... aaaaand I think he'd just taken a buttload of ayahuasca?!?

Like, I dunno man. Quiet quitter might be a bit harsh. He was obviously both in a strange place psychologically, and had been handed a bit of a sh-t sandwich by a FO that clearly wasn't that interested in going "all in" around him to try win titles in the twilight of his career.

I'm not surprised that he's immediately buying in for a Roster and Coaching staff that has actual Superbowl aspirations.