Trade for Jacobs?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Trade for Jacobs?

Postby jeffster » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:16 pm

12 team superflex, start: QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2 flex, SF

Notable pieces of my team below:
QB: Fields, Tua
RB: Allgeire, Monty, AJ Dillon, Ford, Knight
WR: G Wilson, DeVonta Smith, DJM, Hollywood, Jamo, Shaheed
TE: Pitts

Notable picks: 1.01, 1.03, 2.03, 2x mid-late 2024 1sts

So I'm anticipating Bijan plus one of the QBs to add here. This league has pretty good parity, and several of the recently strong teams are seriously aging, so I think I'm on the cusp of being a legit contender. RB feels like my weakest position, forcing me to flex all WRs. Bijan will help a lot, but the Josh Jacobs owner recently put him on the trade block. Here's my question:

1. Do I make an offer for Jacobs? A strong second RB would help a ton I think. Maybe one of my 2024 1sts, which seems in line with KTC values at least?
2. Do I make any other move at all, or just hold and see how things go with the draft/season start? If enough things go my way maybe I don't need to sell future value for current production...

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Trade for Jacobs?

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:20 pm

I am not sure you are an out and out contender with Robinson and Jacobs. It will depend on how your QBs and young WR core produce, but adding Jacobs for the right price certainly will not hurt. He is a heavy workload back and a solid add staying in the same system. It all comes down to price.

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:14 am

While it comes down to price as Gator said, that price usually means consolidation. I agree you are not ready to contend, so moves that consolidate multiple pieces into one limit your options. If someone goes down, your thin path to competing gets rocky. Keep adding assets this offseason and see how it starts. You’ll have a better idea of how you stand in your league a few weeks into the season.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, B. Hall, D. Henry, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson, M. Sanders, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP
WR AJ Brown, J. Chase, C. Lamb, C. Ridley, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, B. Mayfield, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo
1.03, 2.03, 2.06, 3.05, 4.06

Eight7Seven
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Eight7Seven » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:28 am

I would definitely make an offer for him. I don't agree that this team is not a contender. Both Tua and Fields are capable of putting up elite fantasy numbers next season. Robinson and Jacobs would bolster your already high upside young team with two steadfast (I'm assuming with Robinson but I believe in it) pillars. I would open with the 2.03 and Shaheed. If he's not interested in the saints receiver (And he doesn't give you feedback that will make a better counter) I'd offer the 2.03 and a future second. I hate to trade future firsts, especially if they're not my own. I've seen teams wildly change their placement over the course of a season. But I think Jacobs is worth a late first.
Team One: Children of the Light
12 Team PPR- Superflex- Dynasty - Start 9

QB: Herbert, Watson, Young, Cousins
HB: Bijan, Etienne, J.Jacobs, Najee, D.Harris, J.Ford
WR: Olave, Smith-Njigba, Pittman, Jeudy, Jameson, A.Cooper, Cooks, P.Cambell, T.Marshall, Boutte (T.S.)
TE: Hockenson, Kmet, L.Schoonmaker, Likely (T.S.)
Picks: 2024 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd & 3rd

Team Two: One Nation
12 Team IDP- PPR- Superflex- Dynasy - 8 Offensive Starters- 1 DL, 1 EDR, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1DP (DL/LB/DB)

QB: Mahomes, Love, Lance, Purdy
HB: Chubb, Etienne, Akers, Dillion, J.Cook, P.Strong (T.S.), Z.White (T.S.)
WR: Waddle, Jameson, A.Cooper, “Bayou”.Michael.Thomas, Pickens, T.Marshall
TE: Waller, I.Smith.Jr, Otton (T.S.)
LB: D.Lloyd, Q.Walker, D.Long, J.Baker, J.Jewel
DB: J.Chinn, J.Pitre, J.Brisker
DL/ER: S.Hubbard, K.Mack, K.Paye
Picks: '23 1.05, 1.07, 1.12 & 3.07