Anthony Richardson is your 1.01 now

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Anthony Richardson is your 1.01 now

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:37 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:02 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:00 am Are you approaching Richardson differently in 1QB vs SF?
I would assume since in 1QB, you want the upside, Richardson is QB1. Probably around a late 1st in rookie drafts
You'd take Richardson with a late 1 in 1QB?

I personally wouldn't touch a QB in this draft until the mid 2nd. I get the upside, but if Richardson is going as a 1, I'd rather take Bryce Young in the late 2nd/early 3rd.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:47 am

Rushing provides a good weekly floor, but in order to have a long career, a QB needs to develop as/into a passer.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:24 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:37 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:00 am Are you approaching Richardson differently in 1QB vs SF?
I would assume since in 1QB, you want the upside, Richardson is QB1. Probably around a late 1st in rookie drafts

I personally wouldn't touch a QB in this draft until the mid 2nd. I get the upside, but if Richardson is going as a 1, I'd rather take Bryce Young in the late 2nd/early 3rd.
Full disclosure: I haven't played 1QB in years lol

But yeah I am thinking after Bijan, Gibbs, Charb, Kendre and maybe 2-3 others with good landing spots. There's 6 or 7. 4 WR from last night, plus probably Downs and Mims, so call that 12. If its not TEP, I'm not sure I take any of the TE over him. So call it early 2nd

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:22 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:24 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:37 am

Full disclosure: I haven't played 1QB in years lol

But yeah I am thinking after Bijan, Gibbs, Charb, Kendre and maybe 2-3 others with good landing spots. There's 6 or 7. 4 WR from last night, plus probably Downs and Mims, so call that 12. If its not TEP, I'm not sure I take any of the TE over him. So call it early 2nd
Idk Richardson seems like a solid late 1st pick after yesterday. I'd take him over Charbonnet, Downs and Mims at this point

chubnubbin
Starter
Starter

Postby chubnubbin » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:49 am

I'm hoping he doesn't go 1.01 so I can snag him at 1.02.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:58 am

chubnubbin wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:49 am I'm hoping he doesn't go 1.01 so I can snag him at 1.02.
I mean, I really want him but I’d be much happier with Bijan.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:26 am

You all are crazy. He's not that good. I'd easily take Bijan, Young, and Stroud over him.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:24 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:26 am You all are crazy. He's not that good. I'd easily take Bijan, Young, and Stroud over him.
He's landed in the best situation out of all of the QB's, with the Coach that just developed Jalen Hurts to a Superbowl level.

The upside case for this guy if he hits... is that he's the next great fantasy dual threat QB. And they've already said he's going to start right away. He will break scoring, and will have a chance to hit on being in that top 5/6 difference making QB's in fantasy.

He's not that good... right now. But if you think his footwork is fixable... then you should be interested in the QB version of Derrick Henry.

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:04 pm

mild wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:24 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:26 am You all are crazy. He's not that good. I'd easily take Bijan, Young, and Stroud over him.
He's landed in the best situation out of all of the QB's, with the Coach that just developed Jalen Hurts to a Superbowl level.

The upside case for this guy if he hits... is that he's the next great fantasy dual threat QB. And they've already said he's going to start right away. He will break scoring, and will have a chance to hit on being in that top 5/6 difference making QB's in fantasy.

He's not that good... right now. But if you think his footwork is fixable... then you should be interested in the QB version of Derrick Henry.
Does he go all Lamar and kill JTs value?

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:20 pm

I get it, the upside is clear. When I watched the film I liked him and thought he had a good chance to work out in the NFL, but he was clearly behind Young and Stroud to me.

If I'm drafting a QB for my team, I want the best QB. That's not ARich. Rushing ability is nice but overrated for fantasy, especially if you're not a good quarterback. Richardson is not yet a good quarterback.

The fact that he's easily the QB1 for this class and also above Bijan for some people is wild. To each their own, fantasy is fun because we've got our own opinions, but I'd much rather the two guys drafted before him.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:26 pm

Csl312 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:04 pm Does he go all Lamar and kill JTs value?
A more helpful comparison might be Hurts - not from a success POV, but from a RZ playcalling one. You can definitely expect to see the short-yardage "push play" from Indy next year. With that guy under centre... why wouldn't you?

But to the Philly RB's - who Steichan was calling the RZ carries for - we're still talking about a team that scored 18 rushing TD's from its RB's (Hurts rushed for 13). If you rolled all those TD's to Miles Sanders instead of him splitting them (he got 11) amongst Kenny G and Boston Scott, then he shoots from RB10 in Standard for 2022 to RB6.

My point being - I don't envision any such split in Indy, where we all know JT is the guy. AR's dual-threat ability will also aid JT in freezing Linebackers from their commit angles when they run read-option. There's a chance his rushing could be -more- efficient, even if he loses some of the high-leverage RZ carries.

If AR tanks JT's value, it won't be because he's stealing all the RZ TD's... it will be because he's tanking the whole offense, and is on his way to being a bust. Because that outcome is also a very real one too.

But realistically: would it be -that- much worse than what Matt Ryan just gave them last year? I am personally of the opinion that they're going to have much more juice in '23.

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:37 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:20 pm

I get it, the upside is clear. When I watched the film I liked him and thought he had a good chance to work out in the NFL, but he was clearly behind Young and Stroud to me.

If I'm drafting a QB for my team, I want the best QB. That's not ARich. Rushing ability is nice but overrated for fantasy, especially if you're not a good quarterback. Richardson is not yet a good quarterback.

The fact that he's easily the QB1 for this class and also above Bijan for some people is wild. To each their own, fantasy is fun because we've got our own opinions, but I'd much rather the two guys drafted before him.
Interesting. Try telling that to the Lamar and Jalen Hurts owners. Hurts had 750 rushing yards last year. That’s a lot of extra fantasy points. Not to mention the 13 rushing tds.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:39 pm

I honestly don't see how you can come to that conclusion.

Justin Fields isn't a good QB yet, but his rushing makes him a good fantasy QB. Josh Allen's early years when he wasn't a good QB was buoyed in fantasy because he ran. Daniel Jones was a QB1 last year and threw all of 15 TD passes, but he had 700+ yards rushing.

A good rushing baseline allows lesser QBs in the NFL to be successful in fantasy.

Also, if I am drafting a QB for my fantasy team, then I want the best QB for fantasy.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:48 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:39 pm

I honestly don't see how you can come to that conclusion.

Justin Fields isn't a good QB yet, but his rushing makes him a good fantasy QB. Josh Allen's early years when he wasn't a good QB was buoyed in fantasy because he ran. Daniel Jones was a QB1 last year and threw all of 15 TD passes, but he had 700+ yards rushing.

A good rushing baseline allows lesser QBs in the NFL to be successful in fantasy.

Also, if I am drafting a QB for my fantasy team, then I want the best QB for fantasy.
Unless you play in my league..... :lol:

https://www43.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... 54574&O=09

But I get what DN is saying, he views the other guys as longer terms starters. Higher floor, lower ceiling, but a lot safer, and safe isn't bad at 1.02. Depends on your risk tolerance.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:58 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:20 pm If I'm drafting a QB for my team, I want the best QB. That's not ARich. Rushing ability is nice but overrated for fantasy, especially if you're not a good quarterback. Richardson is not yet a good quarterback.

I always respect your opinions and posts around here, you're a classy one.

I will gently push back: Jalen Hurts in 2021 was the QB2 overall through the first 12 weeks of the season (ie the majority of our fantasy season). As was famously discussed around here: his play in 2021 was classed by this board as "not a good quarterback" level of play. Most were convinced he would get replaced. We all know what happened next.

For as "overrated" as rushing is for fantasy - it does two important things for AR's long-term prospects. Firstly: it helps him actually get there. Hurts (and Fields, and early Allen) are great case studies in how the rushing floor can keep these younger QB's on the field whilst they grow as passers. That's going to be key for AR, because as we know... he needs more work than most.

Secondly: it could be the difference in closing the gap to the proper elite difference makers at the position in fantasy. In 2022: the top 4 QB's in the league - Allen, Mahomes, Hurts, Burrow - completely dusted the competition. The difference has never been more stark at QB (we're going to hear a lot about this on podcasts this offseason) where Elite QB has become a very viable strategy for builds.

QB's 1-4 2022:
Average total of 398.4 fantasy pts - 23.4 pts per game average.

QB's 5-8 2022:
307.4 fantasy pts avg - 18.0 ppg avg

QB's 9-12 2022:
288.5 avg - 16.9 ppg avg

If you don't have one of those top guys, you're giving up almost a full 6 pt TD a week no matter who else you're starting.

I don't think AR is ever going to be the passer that Burrow or Mahomes are, and we can take that to the bank now. But make no mistake: a Jalen Hurts level of fantasy production is definitely possible if he hits - and it could be self-contained, and borderline situation agnostic - thanks to that exact "overrated" QB rushing that is going to be his calling card in his early career whilst he figures everything else out.