Anthony Richardson is your 1.01 now

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Anthony Richardson is your 1.01 now

Postby j4pac » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:22 am

Cam protected himself much better than Richardson…and he was broken by age 28-29. Richardson is an exciting fantasy player, but he’s going to be perpetually injured…and good defenses will squash him like any other running QB. You have no other choice but to hold…but I’d be looking to sell in about 4 years, and you need a good plan B
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:20 am

j4pac wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:22 am Cam protected himself much better than Richardson…and he was broken by age 28-29. Richardson is an exciting fantasy player, but he’s going to be perpetually injured…and good defenses will squash him like any other running QB. You have no other choice but to hold…but I’d be looking to sell in about 4 years, and you need a good plan B
I love Richardson but I'm leaning this way too. I'll wait til he has a few consecutive big weeks and start shooting off some offers for Justin Herbert.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:42 am

j4pac wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:22 am Cam protected himself much better than Richardson…and he was broken by age 28-29. Richardson is an exciting fantasy player, but he’s going to be perpetually injured…and good defenses will squash him like any other running QB. You have no other choice but to hold…but I’d be looking to sell in about 4 years, and you need a good plan B
On the flipside, Josh Allen and Jalen Hurts have been just fine. Hurts runs 8-9 times a game and Allen runs 6-7. It really just comes down to protecting yourself and being smarter with your runs.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:05 am

and we thought young was the glass man lol. Its week 5 and he out again already...
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:08 am

Tvols wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:05 am and we thought young was the glass man lol. Its week 5 and he out again already...
Why can't everyone be like the muscular Kirk Cousins and never miss games?

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:23 am

I feel like most of the hits he’s taking, other QBs take. He’s either made of glass or incredibly unfortunate.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:18 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:23 am I feel like most of the hits he’s taking, other QBs take. He’s either made of glass or incredibly unfortunate.
IDK, no QB smashes the back of their head on the turf and doesn't go into concussion protocol. The way he landed on his shoulder, most QB's are going to go out, on that, too.

The issue is, he's taking these hits. His concussion, he let up as he was going into the EZ, and the defender didn't slow up, and knocked him off balance, I think has he not let up, he likely wouldn't have been concussed, but nonetheless, once your head hits the turf like that, literally every QB is going to go into protocol at this stage.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:35 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:23 am I feel like most of the hits he’s taking, other QBs take. He’s either made of glass or incredibly unfortunate.
Then you need to rewatch. His concussion missed game came from him pulling up at the two yard line and not finishing the play. He isn't used to the NFL level of violence and is used to being able to take the hits without issue. He hasn't learned to be smart yet.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:38 am

Yeah, I guess what I meant is I’ve seen that play a hundred times, and usually whoever gets pushed in the end zone falls in a way to not take a concussion. So sure that could be on ARich. I’ve seen other players kind of “relax” the same way he did and take the same hit but end up fine. I guess that’s what I meant. My point was that most of this stuff I’ve seen other players do, so I don’t know if the narrative that ARich is putting himself in bad situations is warranted. But maybe like you said he’s not preparing himself properly once in those situations

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:10 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:35 am
Then you need to rewatch. His concussion missed game came from him pulling up at the two yard line and not finishing the play. He isn't used to the NFL level of violence and is used to being able to take the hits without issue. He hasn't learned to be smart yet.
Again:

Played only one season of College Ball because he was injured the whole rest of the time.

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/inj ... dson/13544

Hamstrings, a miniscus tear, and concussions: it's all been there in front of us, the whole time.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:27 pm

mild wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:10 pm
murphysxm wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:35 am
Again:

Played only one season of College Ball because he was injured the whole rest of the time.

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/inj ... dson/13544

Hamstrings, a miniscus tear, and concussions: it's all been there in front of us, the whole time.
He had 1 concussion in college. It's not like it's a Tua length list, but clearly it's concerning. He needs to learn how to avoid hits, or he may have a short career.

He had a hamstring strain, and a meniscal tear that actually orginated in HS, and wasn't fixed, so it got worse. I've seen injury lists quite a bit worse than this, coming out of college.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:05 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:27 pm I've seen injury lists quite a bit worse than this, coming out of college.
Have you, though? I'm sure there are longer ones, but think it through.

Your Devils advocate:

This man only played in 13 games as a college starter. Started one single college game in 2021 as the backup to Emory Jones. Played all 12 games in 2022.

Our current data sample:

13 College Starts
4 NFL Starts

17 games total played:

1x Grade 2 Hamstring
1x Miniscus Tear
2x Grade 1 Concussions
1x Shoulder AC Joint Sprain

Good sirs... I am positing to you: this man's injuries sustained on a per-game basis are begining to suggest... that maybe, just *maybe*...

The big man is just a little bit injury prone.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:25 pm

The truth might hurt
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:34 pm

mild wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:05 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:27 pm I've seen injury lists quite a bit worse than this, coming out of college.
Have you, though? I'm sure there are longer ones, but think it through.

Your Devils advocate:

This man only played in 13 games as a college starter. Started one single college game in 2021 as the backup to Emory Jones. Played all 12 games in 2022.

Our current data sample:

13 College Starts
4 NFL Starts

17 games total played:

1x Grade 2 Hamstring
1x Miniscus Tear
2x Grade 1 Concussions
1x Shoulder AC Joint Sprain

Good sirs... I am positing to you: this man's injuries sustained on a per-game basis are begining to suggest... that maybe, just *maybe*...

The big man is just a little bit injury prone.
Yeah, I have, I just said that. I didn't mention his injuries in the pros, and I'm pretty sure I said he'll have to learn how to avoid taking hits or he'll have a short career.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:37 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:34 pm Yeah, I have, I just said that.
Cool man, sweet, just checking.

Good talk. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: