PFF Grades

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Sinatra's Liver
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

PFF Grades

Postby Sinatra's Liver » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:20 pm

How useful is PFF to grading out IDP players? I know it grades run vs. pass and things like that, but what can we take from their rankings? For instance, some LBs are much better at run defense than others, so they are kept in the box more. Their PFF suffers because they don't/can't cover very well, but they rack up lots of tackles thus increasing their value. DEs are there mostly to rush the QB, so can we assume a high PFF is indicative of future returns? Safeties depend on if they are box safeties or coverage guys, so how does their ranking affect your feelings on them? There are so many variables and we all have different ways to rank guys, so I'm curious how others do it.
10 Team, PPR, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 2 Flex, 1K, 4 IDPs - Best Ball
QB: Lawrence, Watson, Richardson, Carr
RB: Barkley, KW3, JavWilliams, Pollard, Dillon, Charb, Abanikanda, Rodriguez
WR: Lamb, AJBrown, Dotson, JSN, M Evans, Watson, JPalmer
TE: Andrews, Goedert, Kmet
K: Butker, Hopkins, Aubrey
DE: Gary, J Phillips, Rousseau, Wilkins
LB: Wagner, DevWhite, Roquan, E Jones, Nakobe, DevLloyd, CHarris, Dennis
DB: Derwin J, Brisker, Pitre, Hamilton

Picks: #4, #7, #11, #13, #17

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: PFF Grades

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:16 am

they grade every play from every player on a -2/+2 scale with 0.5 increments. if you pay a subscription, IDPs have different grades for passing and running situations (then lumped together for the publicly accessible grades).

as for every subjective measurement, i am somewhat skeptical. i will get worried if someone has a terrible grade, other than that, i only consider their grades indicative. their IDP rankings (based on their grades) are between "nothing special" and "WTF??!?".

something interesting to look at, but to be take with a pinch of salt and as a complement to other info.