Christian Harris and Jack Sanborn

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Pantherbro13
Starter
Starter

Christian Harris and Jack Sanborn

Postby Pantherbro13 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:14 pm

How do we feel about these two going into 2023? Texans hiring Ryans could help Harris being a LB himself. Loved what I got out of Sanborn until he got hurt. They have so much cap space I am worried they sign someone to start with more experience.
12 team PPR/40 player roster/5 round rookie draft

QB
- Josh Allen/Anthony Richardson/Gardner Minshew
RB - Bijan Robinson/Javonte Williams/Joe Mixon/Brian Robinson/Kendre Miller/Chase Brown
WR - Ja’Marr Chase/DJ Moore/DeVonta Smith/Zay FlowersJosh Downs/Tank Dell/Skyy Moore/Dontayvion Wicks/Trey Palmer
TE - TJ Hockenson/Sam LaPorta/Cole Kmet
K - Harrison Butker
DL - Myles Garrett/Jeffrey Simmons/Brian Burns/Christian Barmore/Ed Oliver
LB - Shaq Thompson/Ivan Pace Jr/Pete Werner/Christian Harris/Blake Cashman/Micah McFadden
DB - Kyle Hamilton/Jevon Holland/Reed Blankenship/Kyle Dugger/Dax Hill/Jalen Thompson/Amani Hooker
IR -
TS - Isaiah Likely/Isaiah Spiller/Xavier Gipson

2024 Draft picks - 1st (x2), 2nd (x4), 3rd, 4th
2025 Draft picks - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th

TheBelgian
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Christian Harris and Jack Sanborn

Postby TheBelgian » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:31 pm

It's always possible that a team signs a cheap veteran in the off-season, but both of these teams have other positions of need that should be of more importance. The Texans spent a 3rd on Harris, who has plenty of upside. Sanborn isn't quick or fast, but his instincts are awesome and he seemed to fill the role very well. Maybe it's optimistic, but I would be confident with at least one of these players sticking as a starter and I think both of them being starters next year is likely.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Christian Harris and Jack Sanborn

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:14 am

i haven't watched much texans (who knows why...), so not sure on harris. he's been the starter and played a lot, but i see his pff grade is putrid. still the whole texans were. they have the holes and he has the draft capital to survive another season, and ryans is probably the best head coach harris could have hoped for.

sanborn i've watched a bit more. he's great against the run, meh in coverage. bears have a lot of cap space and will likely have a lot of picks. with morrow out of contract and average, they will had to add some LBs, probably bring another vet to lead the defense, and they need some backups. having so much cap space limits the upside of having a very cheap contract: still a good thing, but just marginally (for now). so he either improves in coverage while fending off new LBs, or he'll become a 2-down thumper like singleton and the likes (which is what i thik he'll end up being).
being a (relatively) unathletic UDFA will give some prospects with higher ceiling a chance at seizing his job imo.

i think both will be starters next season, but will have to show a lot to stay in that position.