Sean Tucker Comparision

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Joshuarobbins875
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Sean Tucker Comparision

Postby Joshuarobbins875 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:17 am

Community,

I was watching some cut-ups of Sean Tucker and was trying to think of a comp. for him. I feel like I am missing some obvious comp but am unable to pin him down.

Any thoughts?

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Sean Tucker Comparision

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:02 am

I am not a big comparison guy at all but I have seen him compared to Felix Jones in a couple of articles.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:03 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:02 am I am not a big comparison guy at all but I have seen him compared to Felix Jones in a couple of articles.
I can see this. I have also seen some Ekeler comps, which I haven't found a better one yet. Similar size and speed. They both run with very good burst and have solid cuts and change of direction. Neither is going to rely on running through you, but neither afraid to do it if necessary. Both are going to try and run around you and then away from you, but neither have game breaking speed like an ETN, in part because they are bigger than most of those backs. Oh and both are solid receiving backs. Biggest difference is going to be draft capital.

I wanted to comp him to K Walker but he's just bigger and faster than Tucker/Ekeler imo

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:22 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:03 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:02 am I am not a big comparison guy at all but I have seen him compared to Felix Jones in a couple of articles.
I can see this. I have also seen some Ekeler comps, which I haven't found a better one yet. Similar size and speed. They both run with very good burst and have solid cuts and change of direction. Neither is going to rely on running through you, but neither afraid to do it if necessary. Both are going to try and run around you and then away from you, but neither have game breaking speed like an ETN, in part because they are bigger than most of those backs. Oh and both are solid receiving backs. Biggest difference is going to be draft capital.

I wanted to comp him to K Walker but he's just bigger and faster than Tucker/Ekeler imo
K Walker may be bigger and faster than Ekeler, but I doubt he is bigger and faster than Tucker.
Tucker was also a track athlete, and most expect him to run a sub 4.4 at the combine.
Some say he could run a sub 4.35.

Also, Tucker listed weight of 205 is 5 pounds heavier than Walker was at this point last year, at 200 pounds.
Walker did the standard drink a gallon of water before weigh in to get up to 210.
Tucker could do the same to weigh in ~ 215.

I see Tucker being a faster version of Aaron Jones.

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:23 am

Fast Willie Parker
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:55 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:22 am
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:03 pm

K Walker may be bigger and faster than Ekeler, but I doubt he is bigger and faster than Tucker.
Tucker was also a track athlete, and most expect him to run a sub 4.4 at the combine.
Some say he could run a sub 4.35.

Also, Tucker listed weight of 205 is 5 pounds heavier than Walker was at this point last year, at 200 pounds.
Walker did the standard drink a gallon of water before weigh in to get up to 210.
Tucker could do the same to weigh in ~ 215.

I see Tucker being a faster version of Aaron Jones.
I just dont quite see the track star on tape I guess. Maybe since I knew he was one, I expected him to be faster? Maybe he plays football at a bit heavier weight? He could run the 40 very fast, since he's good at track. Im not worried about his speed, especially given his size. I really like his tape. He's good. I just don't think he runs under 4.4. Probably 4.45 or so if he's at his actual weight. But who knows, he's got time to train and cut down for it he wants. And drink a gallon of water or whatever. We shall see in a month or so.

It's more about how they look on film. I think Walker is more compact (not necessarily bigger, I should have watched my wording) and faster than Ekeler. I think Tucker is taller, but proportionately, he's built like Ekeler and has similar burst and movement imo

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:34 pm

If he is aa fast as people say I could see cj2k but with less juice/speed.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:25 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:34 pm If he is aa fast as people say I could see cj2k but with less juice/speed.
So like....st1.25k?

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:04 pm

David Wilson
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:31 am

That's not a bad comp.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick