Desmond Ridder

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Desmond Ridder

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:58 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:16 pm Arthur Smith is 4-3 against a weak as bleep schedule after 2 losing years

His side of the ball has been bad all those years despite being the one with 3 top 10 picks made during his regime

Yeah he's not the worst coach but this idea that he's good because he "just winZ," and "owns the fantasy football nerds" is a joke

This game should have been 34-13

Now that said I do think there is some level of conversation to be had on Ridder looking deeper. Taking off my priors, maybe we should be talking about him moving the ball much better than before rather than the somewhat fluky turnovers after having gotten the ball downfield

Still believe Heineke is better but like...if I'm the Falcons coaches and thought highly of Ridder preseason and as a prospect these games have probably increased my faith in him

Now I did NOT like Ridder as a prospect or player so I believe this is most likely fool's gold but still---worth considering the other side because the level of crap in this division (the best QB is...I guess Baker at this point) and Blank's historical patience means these two are probably going to squeeze out enough mediocrity to be here for longer than their performance dictates
Drafting a TE, WR, and RB in the top ten to pair with Ridder on their rookie deals is the definition of passive/incompetent ownership. How can you allow that to happen? I mean, at this point, if they don't bring in a FA next year, or make a trade to get an upgrade, I guess you could say the offense will be shooting "Blanks".
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:06 pm

Browns going to go with "the hot hand" at QB next week? Give Watson the "cold shoulder"? I may be "rubbing it in" to anyone who started Watson.....and I'm not sorry. It's the internet, after all, and it's a FF forum. The medium is the massage, as they say.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:17 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:06 pm Browns going to go with "the hot hand" at QB next week? Give Watson the "cold shoulder"? I may be "rubbing it in" to anyone who started Watson.....and I'm not sorry. It's the internet, after all, and it's a FF forum. The medium is the massage, as they say.
Desmond Ridder analysis?

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:09 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:16 pm Arthur Smith is 4-3 against a weak as bleep schedule after 2 losing years

His side of the ball has been bad all those years despite being the one with 3 top 10 picks made during his regime

Yeah he's not the worst coach but this idea that he's good because he "just winZ," and "owns the fantasy football nerds" is a joke

This game should have been 34-13

Now that said I do think there is some level of conversation to be had on Ridder looking deeper. Taking off my priors, maybe we should be talking about him moving the ball much better than before rather than the somewhat fluky turnovers after having gotten the ball downfield

Still believe Heineke is better but like...if I'm the Falcons coaches and thought highly of Ridder preseason and as a prospect these games have probably increased my faith in him

Now I did NOT like Ridder as a prospect or player so I believe this is most likely fool's gold but still---worth considering the other side because the level of crap in this division (the best QB is...I guess Baker at this point) and Blank's historical patience means these two are probably going to squeeze out enough mediocrity to be here for longer than their performance dictates
I don't know. I think all of this just further shows that you can have everything right personnel wise, but if your QB is awful, then you're probably a mediocre team record wise.

This Falcons team would be one of the better teams in the NFC with an average/competent starting QB:

+ One of the best offensive lines in the league
+ One of the most improved defenses in the league (9th in points allowed)
+ Arguably the best collection of young skill position talent in the league

I like their roster.

I've watched them the last few weeks, and they're a solid football team. Hell, even the games they lost to Jacksonville and Detroit...they were in those games heavy. But, they're so limited by QB that they couldn't pull it out. Their only hole on offense is at QB (and maybe a reliable slot WR). But, that's it. Just sit back and ask yourself, how is a team that:

- Has Bijan Robinson, Tyler Allegier, Drake London and Kyle Pitts on rookie deals
- An offensive line that's 3rd in the league in least amount of sacks allowed in the last three weeks
- Plays in a freaking dome

....29th in PPG right now? It's such an emphasis on how awful Ridder has been.

To me, the bigger issue is that they're so solid, that they are playing themselves out from being able to get a high-level QB in any draft. It's the same situation Washington has been in the last couple of years. It's setting them up to be a player in the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes. They just don't have another route to get a guy who can keep them competitive. Swinging on those mid-round QBs more often than not usually gets you a player like Ridder.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:59 am

CGW wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:17 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:06 pm Browns going to go with "the hot hand" at QB next week? Give Watson the "cold shoulder"? I may be "rubbing it in" to anyone who started Watson.....and I'm not sorry. It's the internet, after all, and it's a FF forum. The medium is the massage, as they say.
Desmond Ridder analysis?
Wrong thread. :lol:

As for Ridder, he's not the answer, but again, Smith will exhaust this option before moving on to the next, it's in his best interest.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:26 pm

The end is near.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:16 pm

Finally.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:51 pm

They going to roll out Heinicke?
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:13 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:51 pm They going to roll out Heinicke?
Ridder was checked for concussion, but supposedly cleared. Smith also said Ridder wasn’t benched for performance reasons, so who knows.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:36 pm

Falling like a rock. Boooooo
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:29 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:13 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:51 pm They going to roll out Heinicke?
Ridder was checked for concussion, but supposedly cleared. Smith also said Ridder wasn’t benched for performance reasons, so who knows.
Smith playing his cards. :lol:

He's a joke. I lost all respect for him after those interviews about the Bijan thing.

Also, the Falcons are a joke. They have had the issue of Arthur tapping his thumbs on the podium, and it creating a "boom" on the microphone, about every 3 seconds that make the interviews unlistenable.....outside the fact he's a bore and a deflector. It's brutal. IDK how a professional franchise in the greatest NA sports league, in terms of profit, can operate like this. It would be like using part time refs for such a league, or something. I mean, it would be preposterous, right!???

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:55 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:29 pm

He's a joke. I lost all respect for him after those interviews about the Bijan thing.

Also, the Falcons are a joke. They have had the issue of Arthur tapping his thumbs on the podium, and it creating a "boom" on the microphone, about every 3 seconds that make the interviews unlistenable.....outside the fact he's a bore and a deflector. It's brutal. IDK how a professional franchise in the greatest NA sports league, in terms of profit, can operate like this. It would be like using part time refs for such a league, or something. I mean, it would be preposterous, right!???
That's the first place Falcons to you sir.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:12 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:55 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:29 pm

That's the first place Falcons to you sir.
Yes, but for how long? It's kind of by default, too, let's be real. That division stinks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhvIISDoarU

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:46 am

And Heinicke is announced the starter

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:48 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:46 am And Heinicke is announced the starter
Totally shocked! :lol:

Career game for London or Pitts this week?