Desmond Ridder

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Desmond Ridder

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:41 pm

Now that he has a few NFL starts, anyone have thoughts on Ridder? Have heard some interesting reviews on him so far. Stats can tell incomplete stories and haven't watched him so far.

Atlanta may not be in position to draft a top 3 QB in 2023, so London/Pitts owners may have to rely on him.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Desmond Ridder

Postby mild » Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:04 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:41 pm Now that he has a few NFL starts, anyone have thoughts on Ridder? Have heard some interesting reviews on him so far. Stats can tell incomplete stories and haven't watched him so far.

Atlanta may not be in position to draft a top 3 QB in 2023, so London/Pitts owners may have to rely on him.
I think he'd be easily replaced by even a Jimmy Garropolo level player. Maybe even a Mike White level player.

Growing rumblings that Tannehill to ATL is most definitely on the menu for an Arthur Smith reunion if TEN do indeed move on and hit reset.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:11 pm

mild wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:04 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:41 pm Now that he has a few NFL starts, anyone have thoughts on Ridder? Have heard some interesting reviews on him so far. Stats can tell incomplete stories and haven't watched him so far.

I think he'd be easily replaced by even a Jimmy Garropolo level player. Maybe even a Mike White level player.

Growing rumblings that Tannehill to ATL is most definitely on the menu for an Arthur Smith reunion if TEN do indeed move on and hit reset.
Tannehill would make a lot of sense for all parties involved.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:19 pm

I liked Ridder way more than I expected pre-draft. I think he's looked manageable so far and don't really think Atlanta benefits all that much if they have to pony up for Tannehill over him.

Tannehill won't morph them into a contender. Might as well give Ridder or a new QB a chance instead.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:47 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:19 pm I liked Ridder way more than I expected pre-draft. I think he's looked manageable so far and don't really think Atlanta benefits all that much if they have to pony up for Tannehill over him.

Tannehill won't morph them into a contender. Might as well give Ridder or a new QB a chance instead.
I liked him more than Pickett. Draft capital swayed that the other way, but I still thought somewhat highly of Ridder for a day 2 QB myself.

I don't see the appeal of ATL going for Tannehill either really. Let Ridder have some time and then draft the next flavor of the month if he's not what you want. To Milds point though, Ridder hasn't looked like anything special. I thought his rushing would play a larger part but he looks pretty slow out there.

I need to watch his play from this past week still but the box score looks the same as the rest. Peppering London and then the leftovers to CPatt and Pruitt? Yuck. I'm torn because I want to see him with Pitts and London on the field, but it shouldn't necessarily take 2 top 10 picks to make a QB relevant lol

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:47 pm

He didn’t show much, but I still think he has a chance to be a bridge with upside at the least.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:32 am

mild wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:04 pm

Mike White revealed himself to be a fraud as a potential-starter. He's not an improvement over Ridder.
Jimmy G would be a huge improvement.
Tannehill? Hmmmmmmm ... I think I like that possibility too.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:53 pm

Haven't liked the Tanny idea at this stage of his career. Feels too much like Indy's Matt Ryan move. But, it makes sense if the GM/HC will be on the hotseat next offseason for the 2024 season.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:40 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:53 pm Haven't liked the Tanny idea at this stage of his career. Feels too much like Indy's Matt Ryan move. But, it makes sense if the GM/HC will be on the hotseat next offseason for the 2024 season.
It depends right - what value to you put into Organisational functionality? There's good value to having a starting QB that knows the system and can execute it. We know Tannehill ticks both of those boxes, and sometimes a rising tide lifts all ships.

I know we're thinking Fantasy all the time, but for real life - improving the product that they're putting on the field is always their main concern. And actually winning games and being fun - even if you don't have the best team - will do a lot for a coaches hotseat (as you rightly pointed out) and will make players actually want to stick around and/or sign there in ATL.

Check out the Giants this year wildly over-achieving with a similarly weak roster to ATL, and all the goodwill that has now engendered as a flow-on effect from the top. There's definitely a tangible real-world value there to be gained by installing at least league-average QB play.

I don't think anyone watching Mariota and Ridder would classify their play this year as League Average, I know that much.

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:24 pm

He looks easily replaceable to me, and not long for a starter in the league. This is pretty much the grade I had on him coming into the league.

Regarding Tannehill, he would be a major upgrade over Mariota/Ridder and would be a boon for any pass catchers in that offense. Mariota was one of the worst starting QB’s in the league this season and I don’t see Ridder being muxh(if any) better.

And this is coming from a long-time Titans fan that hopes we move on from Tannehill(as long as that doesn’t mean Willis is starting).

NeverEndingRebuild
Rookie
Rookie

Postby NeverEndingRebuild » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:43 pm

I actually had him on the same level as Davis Mills when he came out of college. It always felt like the 1rd grade some people had on him was mostly based on lack of talent at QB in general for that class.

I see him having a Kyle Allen/Taylor Heinicke type of career which is not a dig at him, it's just not fantasy relevant for the most part.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:06 pm

Solid game to finish the season. Might have been enough to get him a shot at the starter job for next season.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:19 pm

Moving on from Tanny sounds good for TEN but it's hard to find a better option for them. Malik doesn't feel like the answer and Dobbs is most definitely not the answer. They don't pick early enough to get a top tier rookie and I don't think the free agent QBs are much of an upgrade over Tanny. Maybe Carr would be interesting there. I'd rather keep Tanny over Jimmy G.

My gut tells me ATL will exhaust other options before settling on Ridder in 2023.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:27 am

Needalife wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:19 pm Moving on from Tanny sounds good for TEN but it's hard to find a better option for them. Malik doesn't feel like the answer and Dobbs is most definitely not the answer. They don't pick early enough to get a top tier rookie and I don't think the free agent QBs are much of an upgrade over Tanny. Maybe Carr would be interesting there. I'd rather keep Tanny over Jimmy G.

My gut tells me ATL will exhaust other options before settling on Ridder in 2023.
Roll out Malik to get Caleb Williams in 2024

If by some miracle he's good so be it

Joshuarobbins875
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Joshuarobbins875 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:04 pm

I think Ridder is destined to be a game manager at the NFL level. Think Ryan Tannehill or Jimmy G. Not the type to win you games on his own, but with the right pieces around him he could steer a winning team.