SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Re: End of season waiver wire pickups

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:53 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:32 pm
BabyChark23 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:07 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:51 am

Well, I’m sure they’re willing to pay him up to $4M for the remaining 15 games to back up Ford.
They already made the decision between Hunt and Ford this past offseason. They let Hunt walk and moved Ford to the RB2 spot. It seems unlikely that Hunt usurps the RB1 spot unless Ford really blows it.
Why are people arguing about Hunt and Ford?

Anybody who paid attention in training camp knows the guy to own in this backfield is Elijah Moore. 8-)

I kept hearing about how Deshaun Watson would be elite if you could look past his off field transgressions.

Now you just need to look past all of it.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:18 pm

Ford looks kind of ok today.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:22 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:18 pm Ford looks kind of ok today.
Yeah, I’m sure CLE is thrilled with the 10 carries at 1.8 ypa. Wonder how long they’ll stick with him running the football.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:30 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:22 pm
Yeah, I’m sure CLE is thrilled with the 10 carries at 1.8 ypa. Wonder how long they’ll stick with him running the football.
I agree with question you are trying to raise, but to be fair, everyone has a bad rushing game against the Titans run D.

mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Jerome Ford

Postby mild » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:47 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:22 pm
The Bronco Billy Allegations:

December 2022 - claimed, even in a "deep stash" thread that Jerome Ford wasn't worth the time, and that the Browns clearly didn't value him because he couldn't see the field - as a rookie, in a crowded backfield.

March 2023 - doubles down on early offseason reports of Jerome Ford RB2 for CLE talk, and claims that Jerome Ford will be usurped by either/or a FA RB or a draft pick RB - despite the Browns being both pick poor, and cash strapped - and having this pointed out to him.

September 2023 - with a Chubb injury, claims that the Browns signing Kareem Hunt for $4 million means that Ford will be the backup. Further baits the "Ford manlovers" and insists they start him Week 3.

Since Chubb went down, in 1.5 games of NFL action:
26 att, 136 yards (5.2 ypc), 1TD
7 tgts, 5 rec, 58 yards, 2TD

30.2 fantasy points in Week 2
18.1 fantasy points in Week 3
Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:56 pm Well, I’ve been wrong enough times before. If Ford ends up having value as a FF asset I’ll stop in and admit I was wrong about him. Until then..
Wooooooooooof. :lol:

Hello there.
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:40 pm Definitely a huge win for Ford thus far, but if they add Hunt back, it would be an unfortunate turn of events.
I have disagreed the whole way. Then, and now.

7 total touches to Ford's 12, and 4.5 fantasy points in his triumphant return. 5 rushes for a paltry 13 yards + 2 catches.

Frankly, I am shocked that a 28 year old RB that appeared washed in 2022 and was still unsigned this time last week is being usurped by a younger runner with more juice. SHOCKED I tell you.

It feels especially shocking due to the Cleveland Browns telling us the whole time that Jerome Ford would be the guy, both with their actions and their words.

This concludes the Bronco Billy allegations. Good day.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:50 pm

IDK, it's one game, Hunt came in late. Hunt will get his run. Ford's day was propped up by TD's. I like Ford, I just don't want to be counting on any of these backs to start. If you're going to keep pulling up stuff from the past to dunk on people, I'm moving over to the Jordan Love thread to find all that contract talk, and how he didn't believe in himself. :D

Is it really worth a novel to point out the takes of a guy who's blocked you so you can tell everyone what a "bozo" he is? Seems rather petty.

Have at it though, I just won't be reading any further comments you make on BB. It's really not in the spirit of what I consider productive at this point.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:06 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:50 pm Is it really worth a novel to point out the takes of a guy who's blocked you so you can tell everyone what a "bozo" he is? Seems rather petty.
Yes, it's worth it when someone refuses to acknowledge solid reasoning, dismisses a player as having no value, calls fans of said player "manlovers" and posts stuff like this:
Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:56 pm If Ford ends up having value as a FF asset I’ll stop in and admit I was wrong about him. Until then..
It was bad advice then, and he's doubled down the whole way.

Can't complain when you bait people and your "bad take" chickens come home to roost, imo. 8-)

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:49 pm

Jerome Ford certainly seems to have value right now, specially this year.
Bronco Billy also made it clear that Pacheco was no where near worth a 2nd in dynasty. Because he is not Reid's type of back (despite Reid drafting him and giving him the most carries). He has had mid 2nd round value for the past 10 months.

Perhaps finding value in day 3 RBs is not his specialty.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:36 am

cazzie33 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:19 pm
mild wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:35 pm
cazzie33 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:01 am Let’s not confuse Ford with Chubb … the Browns line was not good against the Steelers. Take away the one broken play reverse field run and Ford’s night not looking so good.
19 touches for 131 yards from scrimmage and 2 TD's.

In 2.5 Quarters.

"But if you take away his good plays it wasn't that impressive"

:think:
Yes you should think before you post :think:

One good play on a reversal of field. Maybe you think you can count on one of those every game but I’ll bet you he doesn’t have two more of those the rest of the season. Oh and by the way only 1 TD. Got a bad break on the long run but got a gift walk in on a pass play from another that wasn’t by design either. You gotta watch the game.

18 touches for 62 yds isn’t really lighting it up. Tough matchups next 3 GMs is what I said so don’t expect to have Chubb like numbers the way the offense looked last night (nor numbers like Ford put up unless you think he’s going to have a 69 yd run every week)

After that stretch if he holds onto the starting gig then I’d happily plug Ford in but not so sure he’s a good bet . Titans , Ravens & 49’ers aren’t pushovers to run against. Need Watson to threaten them with big plays downfield which haven’t been there so far.

Over/ Under total yds @ 99 … I’m all in for the UNDER (including his big plays)

That said I’m rooting for the guy to take the job & run with it. Have him on 3 teams out of 6 because they committed to him by letting Hunt & D’ernest go figuring at some point Chubb would need a rest or Ford would get passing down role . Happy for him but it sucks that Ford got his chance this way.
About what I expected, got saved by 2 TDS but the Browns struggle in the run game against good defensive front 7’s . Bright spot was Watson hit a cpl of deeper throws but Titans suck vs pass. Ravens up next who one might say just gave up 145 yds to Zack Moss but that was on 33 total targets (carries + targets) so that’s about 4.5 per touch. Would need a Chubb like 25 touches to top my 99 yds combined threshold. :think:

Borderline call on whether I’d start Ford next week but with the number of top RBs out certainly can see many teams starting him. Expecting around 12-14 total points in ppr which could like this week be reached via TD production

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:12 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:36 am Borderline call on whether I’d start Ford next week but with the number of top RBs out certainly can see many teams starting him. Expecting around 12-14 total points in ppr which could like this week be reached via TD production
If you can rank 23 other RB's ahead of him for Week 4 then more power to you.

He's an RB2 until further notice.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:22 pm

mild wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:12 pm
cazzie33 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:36 am Borderline call on whether I’d start Ford next week but with the number of top RBs out certainly can see many teams starting him. Expecting around 12-14 total points in ppr which could like this week be reached via TD production

I mean, I have him as a low RB1 to high RB2.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:11 pm

mild wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:12 pm

Don’t care about where he ranks within a week. The point differential between say 24-14 or 15th place isn’t usually game winning. Having potential to crack the top ten or higher within the given week is what I am chasing. Typically top 8-10 are scoring 20+ pts plus . The 20-24th is around 10-12. That puts Ford in my estimation as borderline starter. Would have to believe many teams have two better options. Others not. Quick glance there are about 20 I’d prefer and that leaves Ford in a group with Rhamondre , Najee/ Warren, D. Pierce & R. White .

That being said I’m leaning on the Browns being in a lower scoring affair where they run the ball a fair amount. Ravens are struggling on offense with so many injuries. Barring Hunt having a hot hand likely that Ford gets at least a dozen carries and 2-3 catches for combined 75-80 yds. Can he score again will decide if he threatens top ten numbers. Guess he could score 17 TDS as his current pace suggests but I’m betting on some regression there.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:22 pm

I'm still going to be shocked if you can name 23 other RB's you'd rather start than Ford for this week, next week, the week after, and so on. Like I said: an RB2 until further notice. That's not a borderline starter, that's a starter.

And if you're lucky enough to have other RB2's to choose from, then again - more power to you. It must be nice!

Some of us are out here living that "lost Dobbins, lost Chubb, lost Saquon, lost Ekeler" life, ya know.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:28 pm

mild wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:22 pm I'm still going to be shocked if you can name 23 other RB's you'd rather start than Ford for this week, next week, the week after, and so on. Like I said: an RB2 until further notice. That's not a borderline starter, that's a starter.

And if you're lucky enough to have other RB2's to choose from, then again - more power to you. It must be nice!

Some of us are out here living that "lost Dobbins, lost Chubb, lost Saquon, lost Ekeler" life, ya know.
I started him over Breece in 2 leagues

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:13 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:28 pm
mild wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:22 pm I'm still going to be shocked if you can name 23 other RB's you'd rather start than Ford for this week, next week, the week after, and so on. Like I said: an RB2 until further notice. That's not a borderline starter, that's a starter.

I started him over Breece in 2 leagues
A Zach Wilson tide sinks all ships... :problem:
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku