Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: 2023 Free Agency

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:40 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:37 pm
Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:33 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:31 pm

I mean, I guess LOL. I'm a Bears fan (of course) and I just feel he hasn't lived up to his potential in Chicago—either for the NFL, or fantasy.
Wait, you're a Bears fan?
LOL. I know, everyone knows, everyone is sick of me. I just meant AS A BEARS FAN I've been disappointed with Kmet on the field, wanted more out of him. As a fantasy owner, I feel the same way.
Haha I'm not sick of you. Just busting your balls

I personally never bought in on Kmet, I think he's mostly bad and don't roster him anywhere.

I was actually surprised by the good weeks he HAS had this season. But it's like others have said...if you don't have one of the top-5 guys, it's mostly a wash and you could do worse than Kmet

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:41 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:40 pm
Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:33 pm

Wait, you're a Bears fan?
LOL. I know, everyone knows, everyone is sick of me. I just meant AS A BEARS FAN I've been disappointed with Kmet on the field, wanted more out of him. As a fantasy owner, I feel the same way.

I personally never bought in on Kmet, I think he's mostly bad and don't roster him anywhere.

I was actually surprised by the good weeks he HAS had this season. But it's like others have said...if you don't have one of the top-5 guys, it's mostly a wash and you could do worse than Kmet
Yeah, the TE landscape is a mess. I just can never start him with any confidence. Start him, he gets 0-5. Bench him, he gets 15-25. So frustrating.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:50 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:41 pm

Yeah, the TE landscape is a mess. I just can never start him with any confidence. Start him, he gets 0-5. Bench him, he gets 15-25. So frustrating.
For the longest time, the answer to that was: Buy the inevitable Zach Ertz for a 4th. But that may have run its course.

The good news is at least half your league is dealing with the same issue. Buy cheap vets and keep taking shots, one day you'll find your Sam LaPorta

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:48 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:50 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:41 pm

For the longest time, the answer to that was: Buy the inevitable Zach Ertz for a 4th. But that may have run its course.

The good news is at least half your league is dealing with the same issue. Buy cheap vets and keep taking shots, one day you'll find your Sam LaPorta
Thanks. Yeah, missed on LaPorta, got several Bijan shares and so I didn't have a shot at LaPorta in most leagues.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:58 am

Deuce Vaughn was just dropped in one league I'm in. He's owned in 4/5 of my other leagues. Worth picking him up? I'm quite deep at RB:

1. Jacobs, Josh LVR RB 94.40
2. Henry, Derrick TEN RB 87.30
3. Kamara, Alvin NOS RB 86.80
4. Ford, Jerome CLE RB 84.80
5. Edwards, Gus BAL RB 61.90
6. Warren, Jaylen PIT RB 60.00
7. Elliott, Ezekiel NEP RB 53.30
8. White, Zamir LVR RB 14.10
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:45 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:54 am
It’s not moot…it’s predictive data. I don’t think it should be thrown away because of a 6 game sample where a player has produced 8 catches for 112 yards and 2 TDs

I’m not saying he’s not worth taking a shot on. I’m saying it’s highly unlikely he ever puts together a top-24 fantasy season based on the data that’s available to us. His profile made him a long shot, his production to date hasn’t changed that
I just want to call out this post, very well said
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:47 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:58 am Deuce Vaughn was just dropped in one league I'm in. He's owned in 4/5 of my other leagues. Worth picking him up? I'm quite deep at RB:

If you have a free roster spot, I guess. He’s atleast 3rd or maybe even 4th on that depth chart. The few runs he has gotten in the regular season have been mostly inefficient, and he’s not being used in the pass game so far. Add to that the diminutive stature for an NFL RB and I’d rather look elsewhere for a dart throw. Depends on what’s available though, of course.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:48 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:47 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:58 am Deuce Vaughn was just dropped in one league I'm in. He's owned in 4/5 of my other leagues. Worth picking him up? I'm quite deep at RB:

If you have a free roster spot, I guess. He’s atleast 3rd or maybe even 4th on that depth chart. The few runs he has gotten in the regular season have been mostly inefficient, and he’s not being used in the pass game so far. Add to that the diminutive stature for an NFL RB and I’d rather look elsewhere for a dart throw. Depends on what’s available though, of course.
Thanks. Thought there was some buzz/hype on him but that seems to have faded.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:17 pm

Michael Carter released by the Jets.

Perhaps he can land somewhere with a more ambiguous backfield.

Arrow up for Abanikanda, possibly means the Jets are ready to give him some run.

Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:21 pm

mild wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:17 pm Michael Carter released by the Jets.

Perhaps he can land somewhere with a more ambiguous backfield.

Arrow up for Abanikanda, possibly means the Jets are ready to give him some run.
Would love to see Carter sign with the Vikings or Browns.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:44 pm

Michael Carter claimed off waivers by Cardinals.