Bradford vs Freeman

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Battle of the awful offenses - no Gabbert for legal reasons

Poll ended at Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:29 pm

Freeman
47%
Bradford
53%

Total votes: 17

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Bradford vs Freeman

Postby voiceofunreason » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:29 pm

Battle of the underachievers - this time both teams suck.

FREEMAN

I have Freeman, never was a big fan but I ended up with him. Guess I'm just not crazy about Tampa. Plus there horrible, horrendously easy schedule last year made him look a lot better than he was. As well, most games he threw for 150 to 220 yards. They really babied him. I do believe he'll be good, just think it's a year or 2 away still. Plus, he needs weapons and I'm not sure if they really have any. Winslow, especially with his history, is getting older. Williams has stunk this year. Benn has already had a big knee injury and hasn't done anything. Then you have Parker, maybe a slot type guy/overachiever. So, the near future looks quite poor to me. Also Blount is some things but not any help out of the backfield. They don't even have much of a 3rd down back at the moment.

The good news is he has a big arm, gives you some rushing yards/tds. Looks solid health-wise.

BRADFORD

I'm big on Bradford, tried to trade for him in the preseason, didn't work out. Of course things look even worse for him, other than Lloyd coming in. He's hurt, the line is awful, no te, no slot wr, no healthy/reliable rbs, etc, etc. The team very well may get blown up unless they turn it around. Realistically, the head coach could get fired in the next month very easily.

The good news is they'll have a real early pick next year and hopefully add some talent.

I don't know, call me crazy but I still believe the rams can turn it around and be competitive. Plus their schedule is cake the second half.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Bradford vs Freeman

Postby tstafford » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:38 am

I mostly agree with you. I think you're a little quick to put a fork in Spags and I doubt the Rams get "blown up". Now is a great time to buy low on Bradford IMO. The good news is you didn't buy high on him preseason!

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:47 am

tstafford wrote:I mostly agree with you. I think you're a little quick to put a fork in Spags and I doubt the Rams get "blown up". Now is a great time to buy low on Bradford IMO. The good news is you didn't buy high on him preseason!
I agree...I have him in my one team in my signature and have been sent a few low ball offers (of which I quickly declined). In my situation I have Brady so I can sit and wait a couple years for Bradford.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:51 am

If you can sit and wait I think it swings the decision more towards Bradford. I'm in a 2 qb, 16 team league. So qb's are extremely valuable and you have to start what you got. I'm tempted to grab Bradford but it really hurts my short-term chances and I'm right on the edge of making the playoffs. I decided against the trade because of that. Going to try Gabbert and some draft picks. His team is last place so we'll see.

I like Spagnola a lot but that defense is really bad right now. If they can't improve drastically I just don't see him being back next year, plus the new owner didn't hire him.

PS - If Bradford wasn't hurt right now I'd make the trade. But high ankle sprains can take a while.

jthirteentimes
Captain
Captain

Postby jthirteentimes » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:59 am

voiceofunreason wrote: I like Spagnola a lot but that defense is really bad right now. If they can't improve drastically I just don't see him being back next year, plus the new owner didn't hire him.
At this point, I don't think there is much to like about him. That team is in total disarray and has regressed substantially since last year. I know they are fairly limited on talent, but they are getting blown out pretty much every single week. He isn't getting anything out of that defense, and the offense is as much of a liability as the defense. I'm all for giving a coach a long leash, but I don't think Spags has much going in his favor right now. I won't be the least but surprised to see him gone next year.

pntgvn2399
Captain
Captain

Postby pntgvn2399 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:17 am

St Louis is pretty much a mess right now but in regards to Bradford and his fantasy value, I would buy low in a heartbeat.. The problem there is the lack of WR's he has had.. With Lloyd there now and when he does get to play with him that is going to help A LOT.. Also you can pretty much rest assure that they will target a WR in the draft and there are some promising ones coming out for sure.. Also we are talking about a 2nd year QB here!! It is not like it is his 3rd or 4th year and he has shown nothing..

With Freeman, UGH, the offensive coordinator is a moron first of all.. Freeman needs to have the whole field and the O coordinator has basically refused to have WR's run deep routes and have them all grouped on top of each other in short passes.. By doing these short passes Freeman is trying to force feed the ball to a WR, they need to open up the damn field and give him a deep, middle, and outlet option.. The way they have been running it he has a middle, short and outlet option at best.. Also with Williams getting sometimes triple teamed another WR needs to step up so their playmaker can make some plays.. I like Freeman a lot and again we are talking about a young QB in his 3rd year.. All the blame can't go on the O coordinator and some lies on his shoulders for forcing the ball ect bet hopefully they make some changes during the bye..

All in all I think these two are so even in potential that I may have to flip a coin.. Maybe just SLIGHTLY swaying to Bradford because that is purely going to be a pass happy team opposed to TB which seems more run oriented..
12 Team PPR IDP
Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex 3-4-4 D
QB- P. Manning, Wilson, Carr
RB- McCoy, Foster, Ball, Vereen, Tate, Ivory, C. Michael, L Murray
WR- Megatron, Dez, Watkins, Gordon, Cooks, Quick, Nicks, Bowe, Shorts, M Wilson
TE- Cameron, Donnel, Green
DT- Jernigan
DE- Campbell, Vernon, Nincovich, Casey, Griffen
LB- David, Shazier, Smith, Tulloch, McClain, Riley, Collins, Alonzo (IR)
CB- Cason, Sherman, McCourty
S- Pollard, Landry, Chancellor, Mathieu, McDonald

12 Team PPR IDP
Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex 3-4-4 D
QB- Kaepernick, Bortles
RB- Lynch, Bernard Vereen, J. Bell, Ivory, Michael, Robinson, L Murray
WR- Julio, Mi. Floyd, Crabtree, Woods, Lee, Nicks
TE- Graham, Green, Wright
DT- Joseph, Donald
DE- Quinn, C Jones, C Johnson, M Johnson, Clemons, Lawrence
LB-Worrilow, Dansby, Levy, Marshall , McClain, Bartu, Mauga, Alonzo (IR), Johnson (IR)
CB- Jospeh, Verner
S- Bethea, Jones, Blanton

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:04 pm

Bradford is the easy choice here for me. If Bradford was throwing to TBMW, Winslow, Briscoe, A.Benn, and the rest of them... he'd be a top 10 QB. I'd like to see Freeman make something of the WR's and TE's that Bradford has had to throw to this year. Bradford's in a new scheme and has a misfit collection of options to throw to. Freeman has progressed backwards in his second year in that scheme. Freeman is starring down receivers and has looked like the project I thought he would have been last year.

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:07 am

Went back and forth a few times, but fact is I didn't like Freeman coming into the season. Might be rough for Bradford this year, but I do like him a lot.