General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Jameson Williams Thread

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:09 pm

Before this year, I didn't feel good

After he came back and played bad, I thought he was bad

Last week for some reason getting a high target volume and doing nothing with it convinced me he might have something big coming because targets>everything

And then this week the targets went away (again)

I'm back to he probably sucks

Around his range on KTC: gimme Henry, Charbonnet, Mixon, QJ, Mayer, Mims, Jayden Reed, Musgrave, Thielen if contending, Mcbride and maybe even Burks, Shaheed and Michael Wilson over him

A tier below: still rather have Russ, Stafford, Waller, a 25 2nd, James Conner if contending

Not at the point where I'm taking Demario Douglas/Trey Palmer/Dulcich/Minshew/Gus over him but if you can get two of these at positions of need I can see it

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:12 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:09 pm Before this year, I didn't feel good

Last week for some reason getting a high target volume and doing nothing with it convinced me he might have something big coming because targets>everything

Around his range on KTC: gimme Henry, Charbonnet, Mixon, QJ, Mayer, Mims, Jayden Reed, Musgrave, Thielen if contending, Mcbride and maybe even Burks, Shaheed and Michael Wilson over him

A tier below: still rather have Russ, Stafford, Waller, a 25 2nd, James Conner if contending

Not at the point where I'm taking Demario Douglas/Trey Palmer/Dulcich/Minshew/Gus over him but if you can get two of these at positions of need I can see it
He didn't though. He got 6 targets in a game where they threw 53 times. That's a 9 percent target share. That's not high volume, or target share. If 6 targets is considered "high volume", that's trouble. :lol:

He can't track the ball well. Poor hand to eye co-ordination, for a WR. Perfect pass, with lots of time to adjust. The ball placement is ideal, because if he leads him, he gets obliterated. Good WR's catch this. You could see his lack of tracking last week, too. Taking balls in the facemask, etc.

https://twitter.com/uzaid_mohd03/status ... 1562787284

He's not a great route runner, doesn't track the ball well for a deep threat player, and isn't great around the LOS. There's nothing he does well, other than run fast. He's not going to be a top end NFL WR. He's not going to be be a guy you can plug into your lineup weekly with any confidence. It happens. I am just glad I got out after the suspension. Going to Vegas within 24 hours of being suspended for gambling, and going to fights and gambling, AND advertising the fact he did it on Instagram, told me where his head was at for being an NFL football player.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:20 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:12 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:09 pm Before this year, I didn't feel good

He didn't though. He got 6 targets in a game where they threw 53 times. That's a 9 percent target share. That's not high volume, or target share. If 6 targets is considered "high volume", that's trouble. :lol:
On the surface yeah but he did that while playing 44% of passing snaps so 23% targets per pass snaps (2nd on the team being ARSB at 33%) with a high ADOT and 41% air yards share

Of course that's like the only positive thing he has done in his career so...yeah still not enough

EDIT: ARSB at 33%
Last edited by StripesOfKC on Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:21 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:20 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:12 pm

On the surface yeah but he did that while playing 44% of passing snaps so 23% targets per pass snaps (2nd on the team being ARSB at 23%) with a high ADOT and 41% air yards share

Of course that's like the only positive thing he has done in his career so...yeah still not enough
Yeah, I extrapolated on my thoughts about him, I edited my post. I got out, not getting back in.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:49 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:57 pm
Lumps wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:46 pm Could be a time to buy low on Williams if you liked him before. Detroit has playoff aspirations. DPJ could be insurance all around of their WR room. If Amon-Ra went down they are screwed. DPJ doesn’t necessarily solve it. But could be seen as insurance for everyone.

Edit: I was never super in on him and didn’t do too much research as I wasn’t ever in a position to get him plus the ACL. Just saying if you believed before…
I'm going to play the cliché, but Jamo is a bestball only player for me, at this point. There's no way I want to plug him into a lineup, and I don't see that ever being a confident play.
Think I’d be happy if he best ball quality, as a bye week/injury fill for standard
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:08 pm

Lumps wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:09 pm
mild wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:55 pm
Lumps wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:46 pm If Amon-Ra went down they are screwed.
I legit don't think they are anymore. Yes to this idea a year ago.

But this year, if ARSB misses, they just redirect the short-range target share to LaPorta and Gibbs.

Not as great, for sure, but not even close to "screwed" imo.
I’m talking about their playoff chances/Super Bowl chances. Maybe “screwed” is too strong of a word, but I think ARSB is criminally undervalued. What was the stat from last night….something like the most receiving yards in history for the first 40 games or something? He is vital to their chances.

They still have a strong run game, defense, LaPorta and Gibbs as you mentioned…but I have yet to see them have Gibbs run ARSB routes even though he can. Maybe that’s coming later this year? I don’t know. From what I’ve seen them do with Gibbs doesn’t make me confident they could fill a ARSB hole.

Back to Williams. Has anyone gone to try to buy low?
Most receiving yards in first 40 career games by a Lion, passing Megatron
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:37 pm

They are definitely screwed contention wise if Amon Ra goes down

Hell I am still extremely skeptical of them as a contender (actual contender not "playoff contender") even if perfectly healthy let alone throwing to DPJ and Jamo as their WR 1 and 2 (de jure---de facto it'd probably be Gibbs and Laporta)

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:44 pm

So how did he get all the hype and love coming out of college then?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:48 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:44 pm So how did he get all the hype and love coming out of college then?
Lemme tell you about a WR from before your time named N'Keal Harry...

(or insert other 1st round bust here: John Ross, Kevin White, Justin Blackmon, Heyward-Bey... it goes on)

Happens all the time. We miss, the NFL misses, it happens.

In the case of Jamo: he ran beyond fast, had one really incredible year in the SEC being jammed targets by a future #1 pick at QB, and then tore his ACL in the playoffs.

For you (and the Lions) to want to take him high, you had to believe:

- That he would come back from his ACL looking just as fast, and take his rehab seriously (he hasn't, and he reportedly didn't)
- That him getting transferred out from Ohio St. was strictly because of a talent glut at WR over there, and not anything related to poor work ethic/attitude as was rumoured at the time
- That the 1 season of great production at Bama (albeit in a VERY good situation) was *not* going to be the outlier of his three year college career (seems like it was)

There's a very talented receiver here from a physical standpoint, but I think we've got enough red flags now from him on the maturity / professionalism front to be rightly concerned.

He will get another shot on a 2nd team due to his draft capital, and hopefully he will grow up and start taking his career seriously by that point too. (Perhaps the change of scenery will do him good a la DeAndre Swift - imagine him landing with a big-armed QB like Herbert or Josh Allen... that would be sweet!)
Last edited by mild on Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:49 pm

mild wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:48 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:44 pm So how did he get all the hype and love coming out of college then?

In the case of Jamo: he ran beyond fast, had one really incredible year in the SEC being jammed targets by a future #1 pick at QB, and then tore his ACL in the playoffs.

- That he would come back from his ACL looking just as fast, and take his rehab seriously (he hasn't, and he reportedly didn't)
- That him getting transferred out from Ohio St. was strictly because of a talent glut at WR over there, and not anything related to poor work ethic/attitude as was rumoured at the time
- That the 1 season of great production at Bama (albeit in a VERY good situation) was *not* going to be the outlier of his three year college career (seems like it was)

There's a very talented receiver here from a physical standpoint, but I think we've got enough red flags now from him on the maturity / professionalism front to be rightly concerned.

He will get another shot on a 2nd team due to his draft capital, and hopefully he will grow up and start taking his career seriously by that point too. (Perhaps the change of scenery will do him good a la DeAndre Swift - imagine him landing with a big-armed QB like Herbert or Josh Allen... that would be sweet!)
Ah yes, Harry. I remember.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:00 pm

mild wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:48 pm

(or insert other 1st round bust here: John Ross, Kevin White, Justin Blackmon, Heyward-Bey... it goes on)

I'm going to give you credit here, a lot. This is a very bayesian process. You had given info previous, in which I did too, coming out of college, would be pro Williams. That stutter step start vs Georgia, THE D, in all of college, for instance. Evolving the evaluation on a player with more information is the right play. Williams is likely a bust. I moved him after his show to world on who he was as a person, IMO, after his suspension. I'm out on people like that.

I'd move Skyy Moore for anything, the one league I have him, FWIW. I didn't know he was making videos and stuff.....OMG. That one TD on a blown coverage in the SB. Good for you, I guess. What a d bag. I guess it's this generation. He's going to wish he was good enough to be extended by the Chiefs, rather than be out of the league soon, though.

This is why, you cheer for J Rob, Tucker etc. Seriously. I don't not like these guys, but the odds are bad. The effort isn't.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:09 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:00 pm I'm going to give you credit here, a lot. This is a very bayesian process. You had given info previous, in which I did too, coming out of college, would be pro Williams. That stutter step start vs Georgia, THE D, in all of college, for instance. Evolving the evaluation on a player with more information is the right play. Williams is likely a bust. I moved him after his show to world on who he was as a person, IMO, after his suspension. I'm out on people like that.
Appreciate that FF, I do try.

Random aside, but I was listening to Russilo interviewing Todd McShay (about the 2024 WR class actually - worth a listen) on his podcast the other day, and RR asked him "whats' the number one thing people overrate with WR's" and he said "speed". It rang so true.

(Immediate ghosts of John Ross and Henry Ruggs and Tedd Ginn and DHB flashed by)

We've done this so many times with guys running 4.2x 40's. It's just too tantalising; we want to believe we've found the next Tyreek. Jamo should have been that. Maybe he still could be; He has the physical talent; he can actually be that fast. It's just that there's so much more to being a Professional Wide Receiver than running super fast.

Emphasis on Professional.

With all that being said - if there's two Alabama WR's that I'd love to see reunited with their college QB's right now to try and "right the ship" - it would be Jeudy with Mac Jones (or Tua? dare to dream) and Jamo with Bryce Young. Imagine that. I'd love to see that connection again.

Interesting that the Panthers are reportedly turning every stone trying to get Bryce a new WR and we've not heard anything linking them to Jameson. Means one of the following is true:

- Lions are still gripping Jamo tight and believe he's still going to pull it together (most likely imo) or
- Bryce didn't go to bat for him and gave an "all too honest" review

My money is on the former (I don't think the latter would happen, he'd be liable to take ANYONE right about now)

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:17 am

Simply put, because the talent/experience/savvy level of college CBs is so far below that of the NFL that WRs whose main calling card in college is being a great athlete can thrive. They look great on tape and can put up massive numbers but haven’t been tested in the crucible yet. Once those guys go to the NFL they have to round out their game or they are quickly bypassed by WRs who are willing to put forth the time and effort to upgrade their craft, even though those guys can be substantially less athletic.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:11 am

Likewise for speedy WR, big WR who make great contested colleges are a cause for concern. If they aren't separating in college, they for sure wont get any in the NFL. Alec Pierce and Hakeem Butler come to mind

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:41 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:11 am Likewise for speedy WR, big WR who make great contested colleges are a cause for concern. If they aren't separating in college, they for sure wont get any in the NFL. Alec Pierce and Hakeem Butler come to mind
Harry is the poster child for this type of prospect I think.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1