Rookie WR Production 2022

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Rookie WR Production 2022

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:28 pm

Overall this WR class really has been what we all thought it would be so far. It’s been Good but not great. It’s definitely Good but no one is popping off as a sure thing stud like a chase or Jefferson. Wilson has been the best WR But does he look like he has future top 6 Wr potential? I don’t think so. Neither does London or Olave. I definitely see top 12 but it’s hard to see top 6. I think if you walked away with Wilson Olave or London you are happy but are still in the cornerstone WR market to round out your lineup. We will see

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:59 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:28 pm Overall this WR class really has been what we all thought it would be so far. It’s been Good but not great. It’s definitely Good but no one is popping off as a sure thing stud like a chase or Jefferson. Wilson has been the best WR But does he look like he has future top 6 Wr potential? I don’t think so. Neither does London or Olave. I definitely see top 12 but it’s hard to see top 6. I think if you walked away with Wilson Olave or London you are happy but are still in the cornerstone WR market to round out your lineup. We will see
Personally, I think Wilson definitely has potential to be WR3 overall (after JJ and Chase) in a few years if he gets a good QB. Where he ends up will depend on how the Jets handle the QB situation.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:18 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:28 pm Overall this WR class really has been what we all thought it would be so far. It’s been Good but not great. It’s definitely Good but no one is popping off as a sure thing stud like a chase or Jefferson. Wilson has been the best WR But does he look like he has future top 6 Wr potential? I don’t think so. Neither does London or Olave. I definitely see top 12 but it’s hard to see top 6. I think if you walked away with Wilson Olave or London you are happy but are still in the cornerstone WR market to round out your lineup. We will see
You do get that 1,400 yard seasons from rookie wide receivers are extremely rare, correct? Olave and Wilson have better numbers their rookie season than Ceedee Lamb, who is probably the current WR3. I’m not even sure who the rest of your top six are if you think Olave and Wilson don’t look like they have that potential…
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:39 pm

I think Wilson and Olave are surefire studs, just not in the same way that Chase and Jefferson are. I could absolutely see Olave and Wilson having a Top-6 season.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:11 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:18 pm
You do get that 1,400 yard seasons from rookie wide receivers are extremely rare, correct? Olave and Wilson have better numbers their rookie season than Ceedee Lamb, who is probably the current WR3. I’m not even sure who the rest of your top six are if you think Olave and Wilson don’t look like they have that potential…
I’ll clarify, I wasn’t talking dynasty WR top 6. I was talking top 6 season

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:16 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:39 pm
I think Wilson and Olave are surefire studs, just not in the same way that Chase and Jefferson are. I could absolutely see Olave and Wilson having a Top-6 season.
I just think the talent at WR is so high right now in both the NFL and college that it is gonna be tough for them to have a top 6 season, especially with their QB situation not getting any better any time soon.

I’m also surprised by this reaction to
Olave. We all said he was NFL ready and he has looked like it so it’s not a surprise. Will he get much better than this tho? I’m not sure.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:48 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:16 pm
I just think the talent at WR is so high right now in both the NFL and college that it is gonna be tough for them to have a top 6 season, especially with their QB situation not getting any better any time soon.

Olave. We all said he was NFL ready and he has looked like it so it’s not a surprise. Will he get much better than this tho? I’m not sure.

Do we know this for a fact?

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:15 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:16 pm

Would he have to? The Saints have the seventh lowest passing volume in the league. If they get a better QB, I’m sure that goes up and Olave’s production should go up right along with it.

WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
K - Just a stupid kicker

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:32 pm

I think Olave is a very good NFL player but for fantasy I see him as more of a Brandin cooks or a DJ Moore. A valuable guy who always feels like he is gonna be a fantasy stud but never quite makes it there. That’s all.

Wilson feels very different. I def think he can be a fantasy stud I’m just not as sure of it as I’ve been with other guys. If anyone is gonna have a top 6 season it’s him.

Drake London has all the talent in the world but still has a ways to go before he is in the Same tier as Wilson.

Either way I think this 2022 class has been what we really all thought it would be, Good but not great, that’s all I’m really saying. 2021 for instance had chase of course but also D Smith and Waddle. Those 3 are better than Wilson OR London OR Olave correct?

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:56 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:32 pm I think Olave is a very good NFL player but for fantasy I see him as more of a Brandin cooks or a DJ Moore. A valuable guy who always feels like he is gonna be a fantasy stud but never quite makes it there. That’s all.

Wilson feels very different. I def think he can be a fantasy stud I’m just not as sure of it as I’ve been with other guys. If anyone is gonna have a top 6 season it’s him.

Drake London has all the talent in the world but still has a ways to go before he is in the Same tier as Wilson.

Either way I think this 2022 class has been what we really all thought it would be, Good but not great, that’s all I’m really saying. 2021 for instance had chase of course but also D Smith and Waddle. Those 3 are better than Wilson OR London OR Olave correct?
I probably have Waddle and Wilson at a similar level and Smith and Olave at a similar level. I probably take the incumbents simply because they’ve done it longer and have a better situation, but talentwise, I’m not seeing much of a gap. We’ll see if that holds up into year two, but I don’t think this class is so much missing a Chase level receiver as Chase is just a special receiver that doesn’t come through that often. It’s just a bit of a fluke that he came a year after Jefferson...

K - Just a stupid kicker

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:29 pm

I think Okonkwo did it

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:45 pm

While I cannot disagree with this assessment, I would say that none of this years top WR rookies landed in a spot with a top QB like Joe Burrow, or even a decent QB like Kirk Cousins.

I would say that it is hard to truly judge this classes ceiling with a bunch of garbage QB's.
The NFL really is a league of QB's, and this year, more than ever, QB's appear to be hard to find as the older QB's are showing age, Brady, Rodgers, R.Wilson, Stafford, etc., while the younger QB's have not really shown break-though abilities yet.

I mean Wilson, Olave, London, Burks, Dotson, have played with garbage at QB.
Pickens QB is a rookie, and even Watson's QB ARod has had a subpar season playing through thumb and rib injuries.

I have to wonder if Ja'Marr Chase would have had a breakout season in 2021 if Baker Mayfield was his QB.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:16 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:29 pm I think Okonkwo did it
He's going to grade really well from that game on PFF, if I had to guess. He made key blocks at opportune times to spring Henry in the 4th, he was constantly in motion pre-snap, and he was legitimately running routes out of the backfield as a fullback - which is the alignment where he got his 2nd TD of the year (both against the Jags, lol)

The one target he dropped would have been an outlandish catch over two defenders, and the placement was bad from Dobbs. He still nearly had it.

Cool player. Excited to see more from him next year with the new-look Titans. Gotta imagine a pretty big shakeup is coming in that building.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:07 am

Wilson is clearly the most talented player at the moment of the 2022 WR class, I’m not insulting him when I say I’m not sure he will have a top 6 season. What I’m saying is we are at an unprecedented time for WR talent. You have a lot of good WRs already in the league, we have a lot of good WRs coming into the league and I suspect the most athletically gifted high school players are going to gravitate towards WR due to the massive contracts and big celebrity status these WRs get now. It’s going to be very difficult to compete for a top 6 season with the Tyreek Hills, Jamar and JJs of the world while also having the Marvin Harrison Jrs coming in AND searching for a QB.

Also I’m not quite sure it was a fluke that JJ and Chase came out back to back or it’s more of a sign of things to come since the WR position is just crazy good right now. I don’t see that changing any time
Soon

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:51 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:07 am Wilson is clearly the most talented player at the moment of the 2022 WR class, I’m not insulting him when I say I’m not sure he will have a top 6 season. What I’m saying is we are at an unprecedented time for WR talent. You have a lot of good WRs already in the league, we have a lot of good WRs coming into the league and I suspect the most athletically gifted high school players are going to gravitate towards WR due to the massive contracts and big celebrity status these WRs get now. It’s going to be very difficult to compete for a top 6 season with the Tyreek Hills, Jamar and JJs of the world while also having the Marvin Harrison Jrs coming in AND searching for a QB.

Also I’m not quite sure it was a fluke that JJ and Chase came out back to back or it’s more of a sign of things to come since the WR position is just crazy good right now. I don’t see that changing any time
Soon
It was a fluke. They had back to back historic years but people are genuinely not understanding how special Wilson’s rookie season was with his QB play. We’re talking metrics but simply getting to 1k yards (with a game left to play mind you) shows how special he is. I bet he’s a top 8 dynasty receiver (just like you can see on KTC) and I promise you no one who owns him is selling him for WR 12-18 prices that he cost middle of the season. Here’s a question, why would his value do anything but go up in the off-season? Can you name the player who comes and makes his situation worse?

You can want him to be cheaper but Lamb, Jeudy, Metcalf are all receivers who did not hit 1K as rookies. He had 6 games with 90+ receiving yards and 9 with 50 yards or more as a rookie with trash at QB. Also the Jets QB situation could easily get better and much quicker than the Saints. They have the money with a young roster and they still have their draft capital, don’t count out how much even a Kirk Cousins level QB could help Wilson.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst