General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Isaiah Likely

Postby j4pac » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:24 am

jomaed wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:04 am
Ski mask ready wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:59 am
Shcritters wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:14 am To me this is the perfect combination of talent and offensive scheme. Likely isn’t that athletic - there are plenty of other TEs who are more athletic - but he is athletic enough and is in the perfect scheme for a TE to thrive. I really don’t think we’d be talking about him on a different offense, but for now he is the backup to the #1 dynasty TE and has shown he can produce in his absence. That has significant value in itself.

If Andrews is down Likely is top 12 TE, if not top 6, on a weekly basis.
"Likely isn’t that athletic??" - I'm not a talent evaluator or anything but I saw him make some pretty damn good moves for a 6'4'' 240 lb human being. When I was watching the game I thought he was moving after the catch incredibly well. I was actually excited to see him get the ball. I know its just one game, but he looked every bit the offensive star a top 5 TE could be.
24th percentile 40, 18th percentile speed score, and 11th percentile agility score is probably where the non-athletic view comes from.
I’m willing to throw all of the combine results out the window. He is pretty clearly an above average athlete at the position with really good skills as a receiver.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:28 am

j4pac wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:24 am
Ski mask ready wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:59 am

"Likely isn’t that athletic??" - I'm not a talent evaluator or anything but I saw him make some pretty damn good moves for a 6'4'' 240 lb human being. When I was watching the game I thought he was moving after the catch incredibly well. I was actually excited to see him get the ball. I know its just one game, but he looked every bit the offensive star a top 5 TE could be.
24th percentile 40, 18th percentile speed score, and 11th percentile agility score is probably where the non-athletic view comes from.
I’m willing to throw all of the combine results out the window. He is pretty clearly an above average athlete at the position with really good skills as a receiver.
I did that after I watched his film and then again in the preseason. Dude makes all the catches and knows how to get open. What more do you want from a receiving TE? Besides being allowed to be the TE1 on the team lol

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:46 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:28 am

I did that after I watched his film and then again in the preseason. Dude makes all the catches and knows how to get open. What more do you want from a receiving TE? Besides being allowed to be the TE1 on the team lol
Wonder if this last game was his breakout game, or was it a one off (first time no Andrews, other wr).
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:33 am

gpaok wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:46 am
Jigga94 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:28 am

Wonder if this last game was his breakout game, or was it a one off (first time no Andrews, other wr).
It's a 1 off because Andrews was out. Bateman being out may have also helped, but Robinson was his direct replacement. But it can also lead to him getting more work.

As a fan of the team, I think it would be very smart to get him involved even if the receiving core was fully healthy. Something like Andrews, Bateman, Duv, Likely and a RB/Ricard on passing downs. He's talented and is easily a better option than Proche, Wallace, etc.

Fantasy perspective though, if the team is full health, Likely is at best the 3rd option, which just isn't good enough for fantasy.

Being a TE helps close the gap a little though, because he could have 3 for 40 and a TD makes him relevant. But without the volume, he's no different than every other TD dependant TE.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:03 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:54 am
MacDaddy123 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:59 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:54 pm

I grabbed him as well since I own Andrews
I am yet another Andrews owner who grabbed Likely.
Looks like we cuffing TE's now. :lol:
Lol right. I think it's viable strategy. At least I hope it is. Why pay a little more for Ertz/Hurst/Engram/etc when I can get Likely even cheaper? He has more long term upside and I believe he has more upside than those other TE2s if Andrews does go down
Feeling pretty good about my TE room now in a 20 team league with Andrews as my starter, and Likely and Dulcich sitting on my Taxi

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:50 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:03 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:54 am
MacDaddy123 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:59 pm

I am yet another Andrews owner who grabbed Likely.
Looks like we cuffing TE's now. :lol:
Lol right. I think it's viable strategy. At least I hope it is. Why pay a little more for Ertz/Hurst/Engram/etc when I can get Likely even cheaper? He has more long term upside and I believe he has more upside than those other TE2s if Andrews does go down
Feeling pretty good about my TE room now in a 20 team league with Andrews as my starter, and Likely and Dulcich sitting on my Taxi
TE is so top heavy that it's worth taking shots at difference makers. I have Likely stashed too.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

joshb
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joshb » Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:51 pm

What are everyone's thoughts on Likely in year two? More targets to compete with, but he might have a larger role in the offense as well.
12 team non-ppr
QB Murray, Stafford
RB JT, Chubb, A. Jones, Dobbins, D. Pierce, R. White, K. Miller
WR Deebo, Metcalf, Higgins, Juju, E. Moore, Toney, M. Wilson, T. Thornton
TE Schultz, Kincaid, Musgrave, Likely

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:20 pm

joshb wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:51 pm What are everyone's thoughts on Likely in year two? More targets to compete with, but he might have a larger role in the offense as well.
I don't watch college, but I heard that Monken had a pair of productive TEs at Georgia?

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:24 am

joshb wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:51 pm What are everyone's thoughts on Likely in year two? More targets to compete with, but he might have a larger role in the offense as well.
Just don't see enough to be fantasy relevant. I think if you have him you basically need to be content waiting for his free agency in three years at bare minimum. Otherwise he needs Andrews to miss games

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:04 am

I think he’ll struggle to hold off Kolar, but we’ll see.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:25 am

Waiver fodder

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:59 am

jordanzs wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:20 pm
I don't watch college, but I heard that Monken had a pair of productive TEs at Georgia?
He did, but that's because keeping Darnell Washington off the field because of what he brings as a blocker is malpractice. He's basically a 6th OL who can catch.

Likely doesn't really project to have Darnell's utility like that. He also doesn't project to the Brock Bowers role (that's Mandrews). I'm sure the Ravens will mix in some 12 personnel looks, without a doubt - but at a guess, their best lineup in the passing game will be out of 11 personnel with all 3 WR's on the field + Mandrews.

Love the player in Likely. Hate the opportunity. That room is beyond crowded for target shares... he will LIKELY need an injury ahead of him on the depth chart to be startable at any point.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:26 am

mild wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:59 am Love the player in Likely. Hate the opportunity. That room is beyond crowded for target shares... he will LIKELY need an injury ahead of him on the depth chart to be startable at any point.
Agree fully. He is an Andrews handcuff at this point. I am also a believer in Kolar, who I think will split with Likely and make it even harder for him to be relevant. Good for real football, useless for fantasy

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:21 pm

I love Kolar but Likelys athletic profile Likely gets him 50+ targets

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:05 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:21 pm I love Kolar but Likelys athletic profile Likely gets him 50+ targets
Huh? Kolar’s athletic profile is substantially better than Likely’s pretty much across the board.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker