50%

Total votes: 138

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Re: Isaiah Pacheco

Postby Shcritters » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:53 pm

Time to dust off this thread…

Pacheco missed two games and is RB #13 in my main leagues. He just helped me win a ship, and looks to have started getting some the receiving work (5, 3, 4, 7 receptions in his last 4 games) given the receivers in KC are poor and Kelce seems to have started slipping.

I believe, and think he’s a top 10 back next year as he continues to get more work. Only ways I see him regressing are if he gets hurt (always a risk) or if they bring in another RB… but on the latter they have much bigger holes to fill with limited $’s than RB.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:09 pm

I voted no, but after he helped lead me to a championship I am now a full-on Pacheco-head.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:41 pm

I voted no, but I now believe.
I did have Pacheco on my team in a championship game, but it was not enough to make up for poor outings by AJ Brown and Ja'Marr Chase, could throw Tyreek Hill in there too.

I got 30 points combined between those 3 WR's my opponent had Davante Adams, who posted 37.6 points all by himself.
His Kyren offset my Pacheco.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:54 pm

I mean if you drafted him or added him then he was a hit by like halfway through his rookie year

This year has just been gravy

But I do think it is time to hop off. Chiefs have two FAs at the position in Mckinnon and CEH. It is almost certain someone is being brought in who is more notable than them

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:30 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:54 pm I mean if you drafted him or added him then he was a hit by like halfway through his rookie year

But I do think it is time to hop off. Chiefs have two FAs at the position in Mckinnon and CEH. It is almost certain someone is being brought in who is more notable than them
Not to give you a hard time Stripes, because I do agree that the Chiefs will undoubtedly be adding at RB this offseason. But to be frank, they haven't exactly been nailing their acquisitions at the skill positions of late. Pacheco has backed it up after his rookie season, and Rice appears to have a promising future. But other than that?

I guess my point is, we'll see how much of a threat Pacheco faces once we know who he's competing with. My main concern with him isn't necessarily competition, but his reckless playing style. It's a blessing and a curse. Generally leads to good stats, but subjects him to missed time.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:20 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:30 am
StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:54 pm I mean if you drafted him or added him then he was a hit by like halfway through his rookie year

Not to give you a hard time Stripes, because I do agree that the Chiefs will undoubtedly be adding at RB this offseason. But to be frank, they haven't exactly been nailing their acquisitions at the skill positions of late. Pacheco has backed it up after his rookie season, and Rice appears to have a promising future. But other than that?

I guess my point is, we'll see how much of a threat Pacheco faces once we know who he's competing with. My main concern with him isn't necessarily competition, but his reckless playing style. It's a blessing and a curse. Generally leads to good stats, but subjects him to missed time.
I don't think it'll be a draft pick. I meant more a veteran RB in the Donta Foreman/Gus Edwards/Kareem Hunt mold

Also if we are counting FAs Juju was a major contributor to a Super Bowl win as was Jerick Mckinnon. Not the stars carrying the team of course but for the cost (Mckinnon especially) no one is unhappy

Pacheco complete took over Mckinnon's role this year though...to his credit

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:11 am

From Weeks 1-11, when Pacheco, McKinnon, and CEH all played every game (except for CEH in Week 9), Pacheco played between 42%-68% of the snaps in each game (the most of any KC RB in each game). By average points per game, he was a back-end RB2. Not bad, not great. The data shows a player with high usage who was also catching more passes -- very promising. But he wasn't yet dominating snap share.

In Weeks 12-13 and 16-17 (Pacheco missed Weeks 14-15) with McKinnon out, Pacheco's snap share was 78%, 70%, 57%, 93%. Over those games, he was PPR overall RB3 (give or take depending on scoring system).

In the event that KC does bring in another RB (or two), I think we've seen Pacheco's floor -- weeks 1-11. And that's not bad at all. In the event that KC consolodates some of the playing time -- in particular, with Pacheco getting more receptions -- we've seen his ceiling.

I can't imagine KC being big bidders in free agency. They certainly might take an RB in the early rounds to compliment / compete with Pacheco, and that's a real concern with just about every RB in the NFL. If your philosophy is to always trade away RBs when they have real value because of their fluidiity and uncertainty, then this is an AMAZING time to sell Pacheco.

But, if you're selling because you think he's a reasonable bust candidate, I'm simply not seeing it. We've seen his floor -- and it's pretty high. We've also seen his ceiling -- and it's pretty high, too.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

gmoftheyear
Captain
Captain

Postby gmoftheyear » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:20 am

Got Pacheco in the draft this year and has been real pleased this year and what his potential could be
QB- R. Wilson, Garoppolo, Fields, Ridder, Rudolph, Hooker
RB- Ekeler, Mostert, Pacheco, Dillon, Dobbins I/R
WR- Metcalf, Pickens, Higgins, DJ Moore
TE- Kincaid, Higbee
K- Aubrey
Def- Denver, Pittsburgh

No PPR, Start 2 QBs, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1 TE, 1 FLEX,1 K, 1 DEF/ST. 6 pts all touchdowns
2002 Points Champion, 2007 HTH Champion, 2014 HTH Champion

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:30 am

I missed completely on this guy. Thought his lack of vision would be too large of a hurdle. Apparently running like the Tasmanian Devil can overcome that. KC will bring somebody else in, but he's not going anywhere.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:43 pm

They're obviously adding a RB but no way it'll be anyone who takes significant work from Pach. He'd have to outright lose the job through poor performance and so far he's shown nothing to thibk that likely.

The bigger concern would be if they add a bunch at WR and want to refocus themselves as a dominant passing attack, and his touches suffer and/or become hit and miss week to week.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:04 pm

Multiple Scorgasms wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:43 pm They're obviously adding a RB but no way it'll be anyone who takes significant work from Pach. He'd have to outright lose the job through poor performance and so far he's shown nothing to thibk that likely.

The bigger concern would be if they add a bunch at WR and want to refocus themselves as a dominant passing attack, and his touches suffer and/or become hit and miss week to week.
KC was among the most pass-heavy teams in the NFL this year. The risk is fairly low that it’d shift even further from the NFL average and affect rush attempts materially.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:35 pm

murphysxm wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:30 am I missed completely on this guy. Thought his lack of vision would be too large of a hurdle. Apparently running like the Tasmanian Devil can overcome that. KC will bring somebody else in, but he's not going anywhere.
Running like a Tasmanian Devil - I like it 🤣
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:00 pm

Count me out on Pacheco still at current value, though I definitely didn't think he'd make it through the 2024 season this healthy & productive.

I just think a large reason for that is he was competing with CEH (who will be out of the NFL soon in all likelihood) & a banged up Jerick McKinnon (who will also be out of the league soon because of age) for snaps in an offense that has historically produced elite RB production.

KC may not be in the premium RB market this off-season, although I do think they will consider the right opportunity, but I still see Pacheco as a JAG and I'd happily invest in any of the RB's (Cook / Spears / Jacobs / Javonte / Pollard) or WR's (Rice / Pickens / Adams / Kupp) at a similar price point.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:09 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:00 pm Count me out on Pacheco still at current value, though I definitely didn't think he'd make it through the 2024 season this healthy & productive.

I just think a large reason for that is he was competing with CEH (who will be out of the NFL soon in all likelihood) & a banged up Jerick McKinnon (who will also be out of the league soon because of age) for snaps in an offense that has historically produced elite RB production.

KC may not be in the premium RB market this off-season, although I do think they will consider the right opportunity, but I still see Pacheco as a JAG and I'd happily invest in any of the RB's (Cook / Spears / Jacobs / Javonte / Pollard) or WR's (Rice / Pickens / Adams / Kupp) at a similar price point.
You had me until you said JAG

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:15 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:09 pm
kmbryant09 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:00 pm Count me out on Pacheco still at current value, though I definitely didn't think he'd make it through the 2024 season this healthy & productive.

You had me until you said JAG
If you told me that Running Back <insert first name> <insert last name> was being given 15 carries per game and 4 targets per game in the Andy Reid offense with Patrick Mahomes at QB, and he was RB #13 in fantasy with 900 rushing yards and 240 receiving yards on the entire season - and then you asked me to make a list of RBs in the NFL that could currently accomplish those stats with that opportunity / situation?

My list would probably have 50 names on it. To me that's the definition of a JAG at the RB position. Not to derail the argument, but to quickly sum it up: the RB position is unique in my opinion. I'm of the belief that only the top 5 - 10 guys (varies year to year) are worth investing into as football players that make ENOUGH of a difference on the football field. Then there's about 40 guys with slightly varying levels of athleticism, vision, skillsets, etc. that can keep an offense functioning and handle a typical RB workload while not adding a ton of production over expectation but while also not vomiting on themselves - which makes RB #11 a horrible player to invest $$ into and probably makes RB #50 a worthy relative investment. Hope I explained my personal opinion clearly enough there!

Pacheco runs hard. He's a crowd favorite. He's overcome long odds and has already had a more significant career in the NFL than most people thought. But do we really think he's in that first category of guys? That he's some difference maker at the position? Adding value beyond an average / dependable RB? Playing like a top15-20 RB in the NFL? That he wouldn't get out-played by a day-1 or day-2 RB in the near future (not named CEH post injuries) or a Free Agent addition like Jacobs or Henry or Barkley?

KC may not, and probably shouldn't, spend significant draft/cap resources on replacing Pacheco. But they absolutely will do something. And I just think the odds of Pacheco continuing to play head & shoulders above the rest of the RB room to this extent (warranting such a workload) plummets dramatically when the other names in that RB room aren't CEH and a 31-year-old injured Jerick McKinnon.

So if I can turn that replaceable (but likeable!) RB on my roster into a more proven or stable option, I'm cashing out. And I understand there are similar arguments & risks with the RBs I listed in my original post (Cook / Spears / Jacobs / Javonte / Pollard), I do feel more confident in those guys based on a combination of draft capital, perceived job security, upside, & talent.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich