No!
50%

Total votes: 138

Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Isaiah Pacheco

Postby Ice » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:11 am

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:06 am It's only one game and important not to overreact too much, but I had minimal interest in him before and have zero interest now. He looked stuck in the mud.
He tries hard but he is so choppy it looks like his right leg is a couple of inches longer than his left. :|
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:50 am

mild wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:57 am
Anteaters wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:55 am Just one game, but fantasy ain't got time for real-world "easing back in." Until I see the team believes he can handle a fuller load, I'm benching him for now.
Did they ever believe this?

Or was he just the last man standing in 2022?

He danced way too much for my liking tonight. Got cute and didn't commit to the gain that was there multiple times, when he should have just put his head down.

Someone needs to remind him he's 215+ lbs.
I think the coaches would like a majority-guy instead of an evenly split 3way RB chart. Reid has always had a primary RB, even if that guy wasn't a full-on bell cow. Last night was a preview nightmare of what Philly is implying.

Yeah, Pacheco didn't attack the defense like he did last year. Hopefully that part of him easing himself back into action. I guess we'll find out as the season goes on.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:53 am

No. He was a flash and also on a team that shuffles around RBs.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:34 am

mild wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:57 am
Anteaters wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:55 am Just one game, but fantasy ain't got time for real-world "easing back in." Until I see the team believes he can handle a fuller load, I'm benching him for now.
Did they ever believe this?

Or was he just the last man standing in 2022?

He danced way too much for my liking tonight. Got cute and didn't commit to the gain that was there multiple times, when he should have just put his head down.

Someone needs to remind him he's 215+ lbs.
He dances (stomps) like hes 215+ lol

Its almost like he heard all of the comments of him being too impatient and now he is too indecisive.

One game though, room for improvement for sure. I think Kelce coming back will open things up again

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:45 am

It’s crazy to me that people are still saying that they don’t believe in him. Crazy. Dude is far and away their RB1…he has receiving volume, he’ll get rushing work (including red zone work)…is the bar now that you don’t believe in him because you don’t think he’s an RB1?
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:58 am

j4pac wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:45 am It’s crazy to me that people are still saying that they don’t believe in him. Crazy. Dude is far and away their RB1…he has receiving volume, he’ll get rushing work (including red zone work)…is the bar now that you don’t believe in him because you don’t think he’s an RB1?
It's not crazy, there's just people that don't see him as a talented enough RB to count on him long term. For 2023 he should be fine as a flex or Bye week filler, but he's not going out there and scoring week winning points. That's partially just because it's not how KC works(pass first, pass second offense) and part because Pacheco isn't some Uber talented stud capable of transending the poor running game.

His performance was fine. Low ypc. Looked slower. Looked indecisive. Last year he punished people at the end of his runs. Almost looked like he was timid going into contact last night. Positives are he was finally used in the passing game and he led the team in attempts (Allbeit by a very slim margin). Hopefully, he gets some of his juice back as he recovers.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:06 am

CGW wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:58 am
j4pac wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:45 am It’s crazy to me that people are still saying that they don’t believe in him. Crazy. Dude is far and away their RB1…he has receiving volume, he’ll get rushing work (including red zone work)…is the bar now that you don’t believe in him because you don’t think he’s an RB1?
It's not crazy, there's just people that don't see him as a talented enough RB to count on him long term. For 2023 he should be fine as a flex or Bye week filler, but he's not going out there and scoring week winning points. That's partially just because it's not how KC works(pass first, pass second offense) and part because Pacheco isn't some Uber talented stud capable of transending the poor running game.

His performance was fine. Low ypc. Looked slower. Looked indecisive. Last year he punished people at the end of his runs. Almost looked like he was timid going into contact last night. Positives are he was finally used in the passing game and he led the team in attempts (Allbeit by a very slim margin). Hopefully, he gets some of his juice back as he recovers.
This is where I’m at. I like him as a flex/backend RB2 and bye week filler. I just don’t think he will ever see the volume to be consistent. People will say they are easing him in, but his snap share last night was nearly identical to how it was last year. Until I see different consistently, I will believe that is how he will continue to be used.

It was nice to see him involved in the receiving game, but I think it’s fair to wonder how much that will continue when Kelce is back (and the WRs hopefully aren’t looking as awful).

That said, I think you could do a lot worse for an upside flex player type.

Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:14 am

I have never been on the Pacheco train, but I was encouraged by the targets he received. If he can continue to grow in that role I would view him more as a high-end to Mid RB2.

The split time with CEH and McKinnon is a little worrisome, but coming off an injury they could have been looking to save him.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:10 am

I think a lot of Pacheco's passing game usage was tied to Kelce's absence and the lack of downfield options in the passing game. You can tell it hurts Mahomes' heart when he has to dink and dunk. From what I've seen, he just doesn't look to the RB route on early downs unless he has to. The offense looks clunky without Kelce out there.
Last edited by seahawks506 on Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:18 am

The goal line is continuously being moved. He’s not going to make the team. He’ll make the team but as special teams. He’ll play some one offense as a backup but not a starter. He’ll play as a starter but he’ll suck and be replaced by next season. He hasn’t been replaced and clearly the defacto #1 RB on the leagues best offense but he’s dicey longterm. How many RBs aren’t dicey long term right now? This argument if stated on a yearly basis for just about every NFL RB will eventually be true.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:28 pm

j4pac wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:18 am

The goal line is continuously being moved. He’s not going to make the team. He’ll make the team but as special teams. He’ll play some one offense as a backup but not a starter. He’ll play as a starter but he’ll suck and be replaced by next season. He hasn’t been replaced and clearly the defacto #1 RB on the leagues best offense but he’s dicey longterm. How many RBs aren’t dicey long term right now? This argument if stated on a yearly basis for just about every NFL RB will eventually be true.
Hey man, you do you. If everyone else is devaluing him that's great for the Pacheco believers like yourself.

If 9 fantasy points from your RB1 is what you are looking for, more power to you. Full disclosure, I had him in my lineup as my RB2 on a roster I feel is competitive. I'm ok with it, but I'm not overly thrilled with the 9 points or the run game prospects in general for this chiefs team.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:30 pm

I'm a bit surprised by all the shade being thrown at him after that first game.

On rushing - he was injured and only made it back to training camp a few weeks ago. He had 8 of the 14 RB rushes (57%) in the game. The offense was off last night... and if they get slightly better call it 10 rushes a game.

On passing - last year McKinnon stole most of the passing down work. On this item I saw two encouraging things - one that he caught 4 passes (all other RB's were 3 total) and also that he chipped Hutchinson on nearly every play he was out there... that was clearly part of the gameplan. He's growing in trust from the coaches on passing downs, which was his greatest opportunity.

I'm very comfortable with him as a RB2. Is he going to single-handedly win you weeks like Hunt did? No... those RB days in KC's offense are long-gone. But is he more than a bye week fill-in? From my perspective absolutely.

I guess we'll see as the season goes on!
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:48 pm

Lions were just more physical and won the LOS. Pacheco had a threw designed screens throw his way that was cool.

Until, well if, the WRs ever make plays it’ll be great news for him. CEH you can stick a fork in if you haven’t already.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:05 am

I liked the way he played. Now he looks like a RB instead of a guided missile. He was definitely a plus in the passing game too. He’s come a long way in a year. He certainly changed my opinion of him.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:38 am

8 Carries 23 yards
4 receptions 31 yards

Some of his owners and fans will make plenty of excuses but the reality is, he played terrible. He looked really slow and indecisive on his runs.

He is in a RBBC with CEH who was not any better or worse with his 6 carries for 22 yards and 1 reception for 7 yards.

The only legitimate excuse; the Chiefs told the Lions every play if they were running based how the tackles lined up. The tape doesn't lie an that line coach is terrible. Pretty basic stuff in football.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts