Zamir White: My Favourite Sleeper RB

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Zamir White: My Favourite Sleeper RB

Postby j4pac » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:59 pm

Still taking Cook, Pierce, the other White, and Robinson over him. I’d take him over Spiller, Pacheco, and Allgeier.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:08 pm

j4pac wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:59 pm Still taking Cook, Pierce, the other White, and Robinson over him. I’d take him over Spiller, Pacheco, and Allgeier.
No doubt.

As I said: I hope y'all got him in the 3rd.

I got him at 3.08 and was wildly happy about it. (And then I made this thread)
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:54 pm I doubt it, unless McDaniels doesn't like JJ tendency to reach the ball out (I can't stand it) when going over the top. He's lost it, or almost lost in, numerous times doing that. White is clearly in line for a role, and if he plays well enough, will likely be their 2021 version of "Damien Harris" next season.
No problems here either: this was always a 2023 play. I'm just saying - if it arrives earlier (ie, this year) then it could be quite lucrative for us here in fantasy land.

Jacobs is one of those guys that seems to be always dinged up, certainly that was my impression of him last year. Would not surprise me in the least to see Zamir get some starts this year.

spider321
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby spider321 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:33 pm

Any reason to hold this guy?
12 Team Standard Dynasty - QB, RB, 2WR, 2Flex, K, 3IDP (WR and TE are the same)

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Trevor Lawrence
RB - Bijan Robinson, Christian McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard. Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Rachaad White, D'Andre Swift
WR - Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jerry Jeudy, Kyle Pitts, George Pickens, Jameson Williams, Kadarius Toney
K - Daniel Carlson
IDP - Nick Bolton, Devin White, Derwin James

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:42 pm

spider321 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:33 pm Any reason to hold this guy?
If you think Jacobs will be playing for another team next year, yes.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:44 pm

spider321 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:33 pm Any reason to hold this guy?
Yeah, absolutely.

Short term:
- Jacobs dealing with a calf injury, second week in a row where his status has been up in the air (despite him then delivering absurd performances)
- Has looked reasonably juiced in (VERY!) limited work this year, he's had a couple nice carries in recent weeks
- Same reason any contender is holding Samaje Perine, or Elijah Mitchell (RIP), or Dont'a Foreman in the early season - holding the direct backup to a bellcow-usage back is usually good process

Long term:
- Jacobs has legitimately played well enough that the Raiders will need to franchise him to keep him around. For a team that is not really going anywhere in the near term, and with a LOT of money committed to some skilled-but-ageing players (Waller, Davante, Carr) it might reach the tipping point at paying another skill guy top 5 money when they're spiritually closer to rebuilding than competing against KC and LAC.
- Further to that, if they blow it up and go full youth movement, then Zamir is likely the incumbent going forward, and hand-picked by the new/current FO

Plenty to like, situationally and talent-wise. Easy hold.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:45 pm

Gonna take Jacobs leaving for there to be a value bump. I'm willing to hold through the offseason at least. Would have liked to see a bit more by now, but Jacobs is killing it.

Fwiw Zamir was and still is a flyer. It's always league dependent whether he's a hold or someone on the WW might be more attractive

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:34 pm

I can’t think of a running back the Patriots signed to significant money. McDaniels is his own guy, but I don’t see him moving off that approach. Zamir will likely get some competition, but also be given a shot.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:15 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:34 pm I can’t think of a running back the Patriots signed to significant money. McDaniels is his own guy, but I don’t see him moving off that approach. Zamir will likely get some competition, but also be given a shot.
There's been talk of a 2-3 year offer. They didn't pick up the 5th year option (which looks like a mistake), but the tag isn't that much more. I expect them to tag him. I thought along your lines at the start of the year, as a big time Raiders fan who follows the team fairly closely, but I really think Jacobs is a Raider next year, IF Carr is. I think they either keep Carr and Jacobs, or let go of both and trade Adams etc. My bet right now is they are staying, but that may change depending on the results the rest of the way.

As someone who invested heavily in Zamir, thinking along the lines you are, I am not that confident this is the case at this point. McDaniels isn't BB. He didn't have control of the roster. BB is a Defensive guy, and McDaniels is an offensive guy. The Raiders cap breakdown is ridiculously lopsided towards the offense, and that's a lot of Josh. It was he and their new GM that extended Waller and Renfrow, and I expect them to keep Jacobs at this point.

https://www.raidersbeat.com/cap-expert- ... sh-jacobs/

The "cap expert" is spot on. The thing I disagree with in this article is that Jacobs has any leverage. He really doesn't. Sure, he can refuse to sign the tag, and pull the Lev Bell, but that didn't work all that well for Bell, overall. It did financially, I suppose, but I think the likelihood is, if Jacobs holds out on the tag offer, he would have on his 5th year option, anyway. I just see it as increasingly likely, that Jacobs is a Raider next year, where as at the start of the year, I thought he's be elsewhere, almost 100 percent.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:46 pm

Tag could be an option and that might even be beneficial for Jacobs as it would allow him to enter an FA class not competing with all these highly thought of RBs in the draft.

Even in that situation, I don’t mind White as a lottery ticket banking on Jacobs injury.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:53 pm

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:14 am

3rd Raider in history to rush for 100 yards twice in his first 4 starts.

84/397 and 1 TD, and 9 catches for 60 yards over 4 starts. With a weak RB class, and Jacobs likely gone, he could be a solid RB2 next season.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:09 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:14 am 3rd Raider in history to rush for 100 yards twice in his first 4 starts.

84/397 and 1 TD, and 9 catches for 60 yards over 4 starts. With a weak RB class, and Jacobs likely gone, he could be a solid RB2 next season.
It's the catches part of that that's really surprising and promising. It wasn't really something that was showcased in his game at Georgia, with James Cook taking the majority of that pass-catching work.

Crossing our fingers for this guy. Without a doubt - if he can fall into the role next year with a Jacobs departure, then I really like his chances to be relevant in fantasy.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:56 pm

mild wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:09 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:14 am 3rd Raider in history to rush for 100 yards twice in his first 4 starts.

It's the catches part of that that's really surprising and promising. It wasn't really something that was showcased in his game at Georgia, with James Cook taking the majority of that pass-catching work.

Crossing our fingers for this guy. Without a doubt - if he can fall into the role next year with a Jacobs departure, then I really like his chances to be relevant in fantasy.
totally agree with all this, however Jacobs is loved by LV leadership there so i would be shocked if he departs but anything can happen. White has proven he should get a shot...lets just see how the Raiders play this think out. they are one of more unpredictable franchises historically.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:09 pm

TheTroll wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:56 pm

totally agree with all this, however Jacobs is loved by LV leadership there so i would be shocked if he departs but anything can happen. White has proven he should get a shot...lets just see how the Raiders play this think out. they are one of more unpredictable franchises historically.
Jacobs sat out the last 3 games, and that was likely for his personal benefit. Had he gutted it out week 18 vs the Broncos, maybe, but I don't see it. He held out, made posts on Twitter against the Raiders etc. I don't see them giving him a deal. I'd hope not, as a fan, and I love Jacobs, and don't disagree with his stance on things. I just think Zamir and a 12+ million dollar defender/OL help, etc are a better alternative.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:48 am

Agreed. It's a definite feather in the cap, for his potential upside. Not saying he's going to be a 50-60 catch back, but if he's the early down guy and can tack on 30-40 grabs, that's a viable guy in your lineup. He gets the GL and early down work, he's good at it. Even without being the 3rd down back, he's showing he can chip and then get out and take a check down, on early down passes. He had a 5 reception game vs the Colts. That's something.