DeAndre Hopkins - Time to move on?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bucsrule
Captain
Captain

DeAndre Hopkins - Time to move on?

Postby bucsrule » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:06 am

I typically have a hard time letting go of difference making studs, but the dude is now 30 and isn't getting any younger. He's so special I do believe he could easily be in the game for another 5 or 6 years, but I'm thinking if I want maximum return the time is getting close to deal him.

Curious on his value and how it equates to rookie picks? I was thinking a 1 this year and next and possibly a 2. Not enough? Too much?

Thoughts appreciated.

Team in Sig
Last edited by bucsrule on Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: DeAndre Hopkins - Time to move on?

Postby frerichs5 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:38 am

I don’t see Hopkins fetching more than a single 1st, and that would have to come from a contender.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:53 am

The sell window for Hopkins was two years ago. I really don't think anyone's paying a 1st right now and I wouldn't pay a 2nd I don't think. His days of fantasy relevance are numbered, especially with a significant suspension.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:03 am

You’re asking way too much. I’m looking to shift for a any first and have come up lame in the only league I own him. That included this years draft, next years, and got a decline when asking for a 2024 1st. Fact is, the sell window passed. The suspension was a nail in that coffin for offseason value. Got to wait until the season and he is making a return at this point.

Intoodeep
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Intoodeep » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:04 am

Every league is different and he is worth what someone is willing to pay. That being said, I don't think you are getting close to what you are looking for and as Ninja said, the sell window was 2 years ago.

With the suspension, he is worth a 2nd imo (i'd pay it) and perhaps someone will give you another. I'd wait though until he comes back and then sell after he has a few really good games. May fetch a 1st from a contender.
12 Team / 22 Man Roster / 0.5 PPR

Mel Farr's Superstars
QB - P. Mahomes, K. Cousins
RB - J. Taylor, B. Hall, S. Barkley, K. Williams, D. Achane, A. Gibson
WR - P. Nacua, M. Pittman, AJ Brown, C. Olave, C. Kupp, T. Boyd, D. Wicks, M. Mims
TE - M. Andrews, D. Njoku, I. Likely, T. Kraft
D - Texans, Bears

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:18 am

He was on the trade block in one of my leagues for a year and a half before he was finally traded for Rhamondre Stevenson and a 3rd

CreativeName
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CreativeName » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:35 am

Way too high. Sold for a 23 1st and Happy to have gotten that.
12 Team/PPR - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/Flex/K/DEF (Same format for all teams)
Team 1
QB Herbert, Stroud, Young
RB J. Cook, White, Gibbs, Pacheco, Charbonnet, Ingram
WR Metcalf, G. Wilson, Watson, Dotson, G. Davis, T. Burks, Addison, Flowers, Reed, Won'Dale, Skyy Moore, Boutte
TE Higbee, McBride, Mayer, Schoonmaker
K Carlson
DEF JAGS
2024 2-1sts, 2-2nds, 2-3rds
2023 2-1sts, 2-2nds, 3-3rds

Team 2
QB Wilson, Hurts,
RB JT, Jones, Jacobs, Ja. Williams, Patterson, Chuba, Haskins
WR Hill, Godwin, Deebo, Woods, Kirk, AB, Shenault, Slayton, T. Smith, Thornton
TE Goedert, Gronk, Smith, Seals-Jones
K Prater, Carlson
DEF BUF, KC
2023 - 2, 3, 3

Team 3
QB Brady, Dak, Tua, Willis
RB Taylor, Cook, Hunt, Carson, Cook, Spiller, T Jones
WR Kupp, Deebo, Moore, D Johnson, Allen, Ridley, M. Brown, M Jones, Thornton, Dyami,
TE Fant, Goedert, Conklin
K Blankenship, Joseph
DEF TB
2023 - 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:08 am

I think you may be lucky to get like a 2nd and a 3rd.

Hankybro21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hankybro21 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:15 am

I sold him for Waller + a 2022 1 last preseason as I felt it was my last chance to cash out.

At this rate you may as well hold him into the season and see how he is when he’s back from the suspension. If he hits the ground running then That’s probably the only chance you’ll have to get a 1st out of a contender
Team 1
Q: Allen, Lamar
W: Devonta, Nuk, Godwin, Adams, Diontae, MT, Bateman, Toney, Osborn
R: JT, Henry, Ekeler, Gibbs, Mattison, Ford
T: Kelce

Team 2
Q: Allen, Mahomes, ARich
W: Jefferson, AJB, Tyreek, GW, Ridley, Godwin, MT, Downs, Toney
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, Breece, J. Cook, Kamara
T: Kelce, Hock
2024: 1.04, 1.05, Pick 21
2025: 1st (early), 1st (early), 1st (mid)

Team 3
Q: Lamar, Herbert, Goff, Geno
W: Chase, AJB, Waddle, Pittman, Ridley, MT, Terrace Marshall, Downs
R: CMC, Ekeler, Bijan, Barkley, JT, Kamara, Tucker
T: Andrews, Granson
2024: 1.03, 3rd (late)

Team 4
Q: Mahomes, Allen, Geno
W: Tyreek, Lamb, Ridley, Pittman, Diontae, MT
R: CMC, Henry, JT, Chubb, Dobbins, Tucker
T: Kelce, Gesicki, Kittle

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:25 am

I think you could get a future first from the right owner, but that may not be until mid-season when Hopkins is back in the game and injuries happen to others. A team trying to make a run that loses one of their studs may buy Hopkins for a chance to win it all.

Other than that, you'll be lucky to get whatever you can from here until then. Most WRs don't make fantasy relevant seasons after 31-32 years old. Besides Fitzgerald and Jerry Rice, I struggle to come up with any names.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:51 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:25 am I think you could get a future first from the right owner, but that may not be until mid-season when Hopkins is back in the game and injuries happen to others. A team trying to make a run that loses one of their studs may buy Hopkins for a chance to win it all.

Other than that, you'll be lucky to get whatever you can from here until then. Most WRs don't make fantasy relevant seasons after 31-32 years old. Besides Fitzgerald and Jerry Rice, I struggle to come up with any names.
Steve Smith, T.O., Hines Ward, Reggie Wayne, J. Galloway, Keyshon Johnson, D. Driver, D. Mason would be a few I believe all had fantasy relevant seasons after turning 32, although I didn’t look up ages and just going off memory.
I agree that it doesn’t happen often though

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:45 pm

bucsrule wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:06 am I typically have a hard time letting go of difference making studs, but the dude is now 30 and isn't getting any younger. He's so special I do believe he could easily be in the game for another 5 or 6 years, but I'm thinking if I want maximum return the time is getting close to deal him.

Curious on his value and how it equates to rookie picks? I was thinking a 1 this year and next and possibly a 2. Not enough? Too much?

Thoughts appreciated.

Team in Sig

Time to get maximum value for DHop has passed a year or two ago.

Even before he got hurt and went out last year, his target share was way down.
Fortunately his TD rate was up, which was keeping him afloat, but you can't count on TD's.

Because young WR's are coming in the league and making an instant impact now, guys like Jefferson, Chase, Waddle, and others, WR's now age sooner than they used to.

In 2021, not a single WR age 30 or over made the top 25 WR list in PPR leagues.

Facts like that are why I just traded away Keenan Allen in 2 leagues.

Two 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick is what you might have gotten for DHop 2, maybe 3 years ago.
Now, if you get anyone that offers one 1st round pick, take it and run!!!
Last edited by MacDaddy123 on Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:57 pm

Two firsts is wayyyy too high as others have said. In all likelihood your best bet is adding onto him to get a first. Even in leagues where im a legit contender I couldnt justify sending a first for him until at least mid season.
30 YO, suspension, going off PED, injury, kyler holdout just too many questions and issues

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:47 pm

Two firsts and a 2nd isn't happening. He's going to miss 6 games, and that hurts. I think a single first would be lucky to be obtained at this point. I have my doubts anybody is moving a 23 first for him, those things are gold.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:25 pm

Traded Nuk straight up for Zeke a couple weeks before his suspension was announced. As a roster with Kamara - anticipating a suspension, I was and still am happy about the move.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.