Singletary or Spiller or DPierce

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

For '23 onward mostly, but maybe needed for '22 push as well, which would you prefer?

Devin Singletary
14%
Isiah Spiller
76%
Dameon Pierce
10%

Total votes: 21

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Singletary or Spiller or DPierce

Postby Anteaters » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:15 am

For a contender who hopefully won't need either's production in 2022, which player would you rather have?

While neither would project as a regular starter for me in '22, we all know RB depth is key to any championship run. It's very possible my team will need a 4th/5th RB to step up and contribute this season, so I can't totally base this on 2023 and beyond.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Singletary or Spiller or DPierce

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:59 am

For a contender looking to go all in, I think Singletary is the way to go. I think he may surprise a bit this year and have a solid season. Long term, this is Spiller for me easily. He has all the tools and could be cheap because of his combine.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:25 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:59 am For a contender looking to go all in, I think Singletary is the way to go. I think he may surprise a bit this year and have a solid season. Long term, this is Spiller for me easily. He has all the tools and could be cheap because of his combine.
That's the decision that has me going in circles and :wall: . I feel Spiller has the edge in a 2-5 year projection. I feel Singletary has the edge for all of '22. I feel Pierce has the edge for second half of '22 and into '23 but he could just as easily be replaced next offseason because he might be a Gaskins/MDavis caliber talent.

I want to hope I don't need Singletary this year and go in on reaping the benefits of having Spiller in the future ... but I can't quite make that decision yet.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:34 pm

I think the answer is Singletary across the board. Spiller only helps you if something happens to Ekeler and Pierce is a body on a pretty bad offense that is behind somebody. I know Cook is the shiny new toy, but Devin ended the season extremely well. Funny how we downgrade Kenneth Walker and exult James Cook walking into similar incumbent situations.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:08 pm

Pierce
Singletary
Spiller
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:08 pm

Anteaters wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:25 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:59 am For a contender looking to go all in, I think Singletary is the way to go. I think he may surprise a bit this year and have a solid season. Long term, this is Spiller for me easily. He has all the tools and could be cheap because of his combine.
That's the decision that has me going in circles and :wall: . I feel Spiller has the edge in a 2-5 year projection. I feel Singletary has the edge for all of '22. I feel Pierce has the edge for second half of '22 and into '23 but he could just as easily be replaced next offseason because he might be a Gaskins/MDavis caliber talent.

I want to hope I don't need Singletary this year and go in on reaping the benefits of having Spiller in the future ... but I can't quite make that decision yet.
Well, do you need production right out of the gate? You generally start the season healthy and no bye weeks until week 5, so if your guys can hold out until week 8 or so, it makes Spiller/Pierce much more interesting. If you need production on week one, then Singletary is your answer.

Spiller is going to have a role from day one and word out of camp is that role will be short yardage/goal line. I suspect the team won’t want to rack up 200+ carries on Ekeler again either, so he might get you a few yards on the ground as well. if you want passing work though, you need Ekeler to go down.

Pierce is more complicated because he’s behind Mack for early downs, though should see some work with Mack’s recent injury history. However, passing work isn’t happening this hear and it may never happen.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:33 am

For me:

Spiller - youngest RB in the draft class, very good college production. Very under-rated. Ekeler is 27 years old.
Pierce - Under-utilized in college, but looked good when he played. No one in that backfield to block his ascent.
Singletary - I have no idea what Singletary will look like in 2022. Like Penny, basically did nothing for years, until the last few games of the 2021 season. With Cook in now, who knows how the split will be.

If all are on your bench, I'd want the one with the most upside. Spiller.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:59 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:33 am For me:

Spiller - youngest RB in the draft class, very good college production. Very under-rated. Ekeler is 27 years old.
Pierce - Under-utilized in college, but looked good when he played. No one in that backfield to block his ascent.
Singletary - I have no idea what Singletary will look like in 2022. Like Penny, basically did nothing for years, until the last few games of the 2021 season. With Cook in now, who knows how the split will be.

Only Singletary is currently on my team. I can swap Singletary for Spiller or Pierce with a click.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:25 pm

Anteaters wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:59 am
MacDaddy123 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:33 am For me:

Only Singletary is currently on my team. I can swap Singletary for Spiller or Pierce with a click.
How far down the depth chart is Singletary, and how many RB's do you start?

If you only have to start 2 RB's, and Singletary is like RB5, I would be very tempted to add Spiller.

However, if Singletary is only like RB3/4, and you are contending, then I'd probably hold Singletary, as I think he is the better RB in 2022.
I think Spiller is the better back from 23 on.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:26 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:25 pmHow far down the depth chart is Singletary, and how many RB's do you start?

If you only have to start 2 RB's, and Singletary is like RB5, I would be very tempted to add Spiller.

However, if Singletary is only like RB3/4, and you are contending, then I'd probably hold Singletary, as I think he is the better RB in 2022.
It's for the team in my signature. We start 2RB and 1Flx. My weekly starters would be Henry and either Gibson or Javonte. If Etienne plays as some expect, he might end up my regular RB2. Unless Singletary matches his performances from the last two weeks of 2021 and the playoffs (approx 95TotYds/gm and 1.75TD/gm), he'd shouldn't challenge for my RB1 or RB2 posisitons. Even in my wildest dreams, I don't expect Singletary to deliver a season-long performance at that pace.

I am strong at WR and could conceivably start a 4th WR most weeks and go with only 2RB. If I did that, Singletary might go the entire season without a start for me. Even if I went with a 3rd RB at Flex, barring injury to RBs and WRs, Singletary might only see one or two starts at most.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:19 pm

Anteaters wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:26 am
MacDaddy123 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:25 pmHow far down the depth chart is Singletary, and how many RB's do you start?

It's for the team in my signature. We start 2RB and 1Flx. My weekly starters would be Henry and either Gibson or Javonte. If Etienne plays as some expect, he might end up my regular RB2. Unless Singletary matches his performances from the last two weeks of 2021 and the playoffs (approx 95TotYds/gm and 1.75TD/gm), he'd shouldn't challenge for my RB1 or RB2 posisitons. Even in my wildest dreams, I don't expect Singletary to deliver a season-long performance at that pace.

I am strong at WR and could conceivably start a 4th WR most weeks and go with only 2RB. If I did that, Singletary might go the entire season without a start for me. Even if I went with a 3rd RB at Flex, barring injury to RBs and WRs, Singletary might only see one or two starts at most.
So to me, it looks like Singletary is your RB5, and you can only play 2 RB's, 3 tops.
In this case I would want my RB5 to be a developmental prospect who I have hopes will have a higher ceiling than Singletary.
Which means that I would prefer Spiller.

Before you make that move though, see if you can get anything at all for Singletary, a late 2023/2024 pick, some FAAB...anything.
Even though I would prefer Spiller on my team, I find it difficult to just drop Singletary to waivers in a 12 team league.

Maybe even see if you can package Singletary with Gabe Davis, Thielen, or Pickens for a better WR (Jeudy, Bateman, Elijah Moore)

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:41 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:19 pm

So to me, it looks like Singletary is your RB5, and you can only play 2 RB's, 3 tops.
In this case I would want my RB5 to be a developmental prospect who I have hopes will have a higher ceiling than Singletary.

Before you make that move though, see if you can get anything at all for Singletary, a late 2023/2024 pick, some FAAB...anything.
Even though I would prefer Spiller on my team, I find it difficult to just drop Singletary to waivers in a 12 team league.

Maybe even see if you can package Singletary with Gabe Davis, Thielen, or Pickens for a better WR (Jeudy, Bateman, Elijah Moore)
BOTH of these!

With him as my RB5 I prefer Spiller for the reason you stated. I can see a 2023 where Spiller is breaking out and becoming a solid T20RB. Not a certainty, but there is a pathway. And I can see a future where in '23 or '24, Singletary is an afterthought. Making this move makes sense for the future. However, I'm having a hard time just dropping Singletary.

I'll try to pimp Singletary for a pick, but I'm not very hopeful. Trades in this league never really involve (much less focus) on players like Singletary. But I haven't tried yet, so it's worth a shot.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:19 pm

Anteaters wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:41 am

BOTH of these!

With him as my RB5 I prefer Spiller for the reason you stated. I can see a 2023 where Spiller is breaking out and becoming a solid T20RB. Not a certainty, but there is a pathway. And I can see a future where in '23 or '24, Singletary is an afterthought. Making this move makes sense for the future. However, I'm having a hard time just dropping Singletary.

I'll try to pimp Singletary for a pick, but I'm not very hopeful. Trades in this league never really involve (much less focus) on players like Singletary. But I haven't tried yet, so it's worth a shot.
Get creative, look at different ways to package Singletary with another player, to get someone you want.
Check with the James Cook owner, I would think he might have some interest in Singletary.

If all else fails, just trade Singletary for some FAAB, maybe 20% FAAB, anything is better than just dumping him.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:55 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:19 pm
Anteaters wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:41 am

BOTH of these!

Get creative, look at different ways to package Singletary with another player, to get someone you want.
Check with the James Cook owner, I would think he might have some interest in Singletary.

If all else fails, just trade Singletary for some FAAB, maybe 20% FAAB, anything is better than just dumping him.
The faab is huge in a league like this,.guys im assuming pop on the WW all the time

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:41 pm

cant you just drop a S/cb? thats very easy to fill and you dont need 4. gotta be tons of great options on the wire all the time
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp