Which TE to stash on taxi?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Cade Otton
58%
Daniel Bellinger
42%

Total votes: 12

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:53 pm

Been seeing rave reviews on Bellinger, but as we know it’s just preseason talk. And do we think Otton ever becomes anything? He is playing with Brady, but who knows for how long, and he will be behind Brate.

Both may be long shots, but who is the best bet to emerge at some point?
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Which TE to stash on taxi?

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:11 pm

Otton for me on the hope he hits a bit this year and has a role moving forward. He is in a TE friendly system. Brate is not great, so he may jump him throughout the year.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:24 am

Gator Sens wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:11 pm Otton for me on the hope he hits a bit this year and has a role moving forward. He is in a TE friendly system. Brate is not great, so he may jump him throughout the year.
I don’t think Tampa qualifies as TE friendly. Arians has historically run a very TE unfriendly offense and it was really only the special connection between Brady and Gronk that allowed for solid TE production in Tampa. Brate had all of 13 targets in the three games he started in Gronk’s absence with a whopping 50 total yards. Arians is out, but I’m not sure Leftwich will completely remodel the offense in his absence given that its what he knows and its worked.

Bellinger will be playing in New York with Mike Kafka as OC. We don’t know what Kafka will do, but he’s trained behind Andy Reid pretty much his whole career, so I’d say Bellinger has a substantial situational advantage.

Also, Brate may be mediocre, but so is Seals-Jones and Akins and Gronk may decide to unretire yet again.

Athletically, Otton didn’t test, but there’s really no reason to believe he’s on the same level as Bellinger.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:32 pm

Appreciate the responses. I had Otton, but decided to drop him for Tyler Badie and was hoping that I’d be able to pick him back up (or Bellinger). Unfortunately, the Gronk owner scooped him up quickly. Bellinger is still sitting there though, so I’ll probably try and pick him up.

Of course after I drop Otton and he gets claimed, Sleeper comes out with an article saying that he’s the best option to replace Gronk.
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11