Trevor Lawrence moving forward

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Trevor Lawrence moving forward

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:10 pm

What are the group thoughts on him? He was bad bad but that entire staff was a joke. Hard to draw any conclusions from that "season"

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Re: Trevor Lawrence moving forward

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:17 pm

My issue is that kinda rookie season bad has two correlary hits being josh allen and Carson Wentz. Everyone else has busted hard. So im out on him at the current asking price (round 2 startup) really easily, if hes the next allen ill deal with it but i will not bet on an outlier at that price tag

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:00 pm

16 team 2 QB full IDP (53 man roster; 7 round draft)

Gave: Russell Wilson
Got: T-Law (now my QB3) and a mid 2023 round 2

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:44 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:17 pm My issue is that kinda rookie season bad has two correlary hits being josh allen and Carson Wentz. Everyone else has busted hard. So im out on him at the current asking price (round 2 startup) really easily, if hes the next allen ill deal with it but i will not bet on an outlier at that price tag
Goff also

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:56 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:44 pm
Mjvb5 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:17 pm My issue is that kinda rookie season bad has two correlary hits being josh allen and Carson Wentz. Everyone else has busted hard. So im out on him at the current asking price (round 2 startup) really easily, if hes the next allen ill deal with it but i will not bet on an outlier at that price tag
Goff also
Totally forgot about him though he might not have been included in the sample due to 7 starts

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:39 pm

Definitely one of the most dysfunctional team situations in NFL history. Lawrence in spite of that was a great leader. He gets a mulligan. Still exceptionally talented
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Finfansteve
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Finfansteve » Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:13 pm

I’ll bet on the talent I’ve seen from him in the past and make a move for him if it the cost of acquiring him doesn’t break the bank
Qb: Hurts, geno Smith
Rb: JT, Gibbs, Montgomery, Roschon, Z. White, Ty Chandler
Wr: AJB, JJ, Chase, waddle, G Wilson
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Likely, Njoku

2024 1.01, 1.04, 1.05
10 team
9 players kept yearly
Non PPR
Not super flex
Start 1/1/2/1/2 flex
1 point per first down
All tds 6 points

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:02 pm

Lawrence should take a major step forward.

He has very good coaches and people really have no idea just how good Kirk will be in that offense. He is a very efficient WR. Etienne should also add a major punch to the running and passing game. Pederson, Taylor, McCoy, & Cooter, all really understand QB's and how to get the most out of an offense.

Wouldn't surprise me a a bit if the Jags are the most improved team in the league this season.

They added a ton of players that can really play and now have one of the most experienced coaching staffs in the NFL. The key will be putting it all together but for the players it must feel like heaven so buy in should happen quickly.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:27 pm

Jags are going to suck again. Lawrence can't get much worse, so I guess that's progress. I think he's a top 8-12 type player if he pans out. I don't think he will ever be elite, never did. I also think the franchise is inept, and there's a good chance we never see the best of Lawrence, either.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:47 pm

Rookie qbs with clowns for coaches can't be written off.

Goff had Jeff fisher as hc and, ugh, Rob boras as oc. How could he possibly have succeeded. His wrs were Brian quick, tavon Austin and, ugh, Kenny Britt. Everybody called Goff a bust. Crazy.

In comes a real coach in Mcvay. He signs Woods, drafts Kupp and trades for Sammy Watson a week before the season starts. Suddenly Goff is pretty decent.

I'm guessing Lawrence will be pretty decent this year as well.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:53 am

It’s not like Lawrence was a one year wonder in college. He has been the cream of the crop since before high school. I find it very hard to believe that someone is that good at football for that long and then they suddenly suck. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt due to the situation last season, and hope to see a huge step forward this year. That said, unless something changes, the Jags organization will cap his upside going forward.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:58 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:53 am It’s not like Lawrence was a one year wonder in college. He has been the cream of the crop since before high school. I find it very hard to believe that someone is that good at football for that long and then they suddenly suck. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt due to the situation last season, and hope to see a huge step forward this year. That said, unless something changes, the Jags organization will cap his upside going forward.
Lawrence always had accuracy issues under pressure, and decision making as well. Not sure that stuff is teachable. Playing QB in major programs isn't the same thing as the NFL. It's why Ohio St., Bama etc always have flops. You have and advantage everywhere on the field all the time, basically in college. What Lawrence did as a freshman was fantastic, no doubt. He didn't, however, really progress to some world beater after that, though. I think the freshman hype has really made him into more than he really is. He's a very good QB, but he's not an elite player, or prospect IMO. Not a top 5 NFL QB in the making IMO.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:18 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:58 am
BabyChark23 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:53 am It’s not like Lawrence was a one year wonder in college. He has been the cream of the crop since before high school. I find it very hard to believe that someone is that good at football for that long and then they suddenly suck. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt due to the situation last season, and hope to see a huge step forward this year. That said, unless something changes, the Jags organization will cap his upside going forward.
Lawrence always had accuracy issues under pressure, and decision making as well. Not sure that stuff is teachable. Playing QB in major programs isn't the same thing as the NFL. It's why Ohio St., Bama etc always have flops. You have and advantage everywhere on the field all the time, basically in college. What Lawrence did as a freshman was fantastic, no doubt. He didn't, however, really progress to some world beater after that, though. I think the freshman hype has really made him into more than he really is. He's a very good QB, but he's not an elite player, or prospect IMO. Not a top 5 NFL QB in the making IMO.
I know you believe all this except the actual facts are 100% opposite. He improved in completion %, yards per attempt, adjusted yards per attempt, and rating every year in college.

Lawrence was really lighting it up before he got Covid in 2020.

Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
*2018 Clemson ACC FR QB 15 259 397 65.2 3280 8.3 9.3 30 4 157.6
*2019 Clemson ACC SO QB 15 268 407 65.8 3665 9.0 9.9 36 8 166.7
*2020 Clemson ACC JR QB 10 231 334 69.2 3153 9.4 10.2 24 5 169.2
Career Clemson 758 1138 66.6 10098 8.9 9.8 90 17 164.3

Obviously the Jags have been a dumpster fire for a while but anyone that knows anything about should at least concede they made a major effort to bring in solid coaches and have spent on on far better players than they have had in years. Time will tell if they can turn it around but at least they have a path forward.

Stats from SRCFB
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:48 am

He was also nails against the top teams he played against throughout college. He showed some real flashes of promise at times last year despite what a cf JAX was. Way too early to write him off. There are elite traits there.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:36 am

i picked him in the late 3rd in a 16 teams SF league startup. very good value there imo, although probably that doesn't happen often, that league's members are most likely part-timers (but so am i...).