Garrett Wilson is my WR1 in this class and it’s not that close for me… am I crazy??

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Garrett Wilson is my WR1 in this class and it’s not that close for me… am I crazy??

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:35 pm

81- wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:54 pm Just caught his td from the other day.

If you don't see the talent, you shouldn't be watching football or playing fantasy.

Or maybe you should have more fantasy teams so we can take you money
Rodgers is certainly talented. :lol: That's what I got from that play. Coverage was pretty tight, but that throw was prime Rodgers.

Not saying Wilson isn't talented, just that the TD, that displayed Rodgers talent a lot more than Wilson's.

He looks legit. I'm a bit cautious to start projecting Rodgers/Adams in their prime type numbers, though. Wilson isn't at prime Adams level yet, and Rodgers isn't in his prime anymore.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: Garrett Wilson is my WR1 in this class and it’s not that close for me… am I crazy??

Postby Anteaters » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:44 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:35 pm Wilson isn't at prime Adams level yet, and Rodgers isn't in his prime anymore.
:!:
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:50 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:20 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:48 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:14 pm
Got it. So projection is unreplaceable... Where do you project him?
I’ll put the Jets at 615 pass attempts with Rodgers completing 65% of his passes, which is 400 completions and 38 TDs.

I’m figuring Wilson with 120 receptions (7 per game) at 12.8 ypr for 1536 yds and 12 TDs. That’s based on a 17 game season.

That puts him around WR5/WR6 in a ppr league.
I see that as a ceiling but think he is closer to 100-1300-10 which should put him around WR6-10 range. I guess what i'm getting at is, I wouldn't be surprised to see him on-par/outproduced by a guy like Calvin Ridley who costs almost nothing.
Well, I see Wilson last year catching 6 passes a game when the QB didn’t share his last name, and figuring they now have a QB who will complete a significantly higher percentage of passes than the CF they had last season, it’s not difficult for me to get him to 7 receptions a game. The ypc would be a decrease from what he put up last year.

But if you can get Ridley for almost nothing then do it, but I have no idea why that affects Wilson’s production in any way or why you’d have to choose between the two if they are in fact that far apart in FF value. In other words, how does Ridley have anything to do with the discussion about Wilson?

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:53 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:35 pm
Rodgers is certainly talented. :lol: That's what I got from that play. Coverage was pretty tight, but that throw was prime Rodgers.

Not saying Wilson isn't talented, just that the TD, that displayed Rodgers talent a lot more than Wilson's.

He looks legit. I'm a bit cautious to start projecting Rodgers/Adams in their prime type numbers, though. Wilson isn't at prime Adams level yet, and Rodgers isn't in his prime anymore.
Not really sure that is the point though. At this point Wilson holds at least a round higher Dynasty Value and I suspect he will go within a pick or two on either side of Adams in money redraft leagues.

I imagine Wilson is easily a top 10 Dynasty WR these days and probably top 5 on many players boards.

I would certainly take my chances with Rodgers over Jimmy G at this point.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:56 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:35 pm
81- wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:54 pm Just caught his td from the other day.

If you don't see the talent, you shouldn't be watching football or playing fantasy.

Or maybe you should have more fantasy teams so we can take you money

You don't make that throw to a bum. You make that throw to a receiver that is going to rip it out of the air. His hands are amazing.
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:19 pm

I have seen this game before. GW has all the tools and opportunity to reach your hopes, but trading for his absolute peak is poor dynasty managing. This guy will likely finish about WR 16 and you will be disappointed. Buy him next year when the the expectations aren't unrealistic. I bought Olave for a 2.01 this year. I feel like I stole him. Sure as heck not spending a top 3 pick for GW.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:29 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:19 pm I have seen this game before. GW has all the tools and opportunity to reach your hopes, but trading for his absolute peak is poor dynasty managing. This guy will likely finish about WR 16 and you will be disappointed. Buy him next year when the the expectations aren't unrealistic. I bought Olave for a 2.01 this year. I feel like I stole him. Sure as heck not spending a top 3 pick for GW.
Even if that's a Superflex League that's ridiculous.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:33 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:19 pmI have seen this game before. GW has all the tools and opportunity to reach your hopes, but trading for his absolute peak is poor dynasty managing. This guy will likely finish about WR 16 and you will be disappointed. Buy him next year when the the expectations aren't unrealistic.
:!: :!:
(will I get mocked for one-word/two-symbol responses?)
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:47 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:19 pm I have seen this game before. GW has all the tools and opportunity to reach your hopes, but trading for his absolute peak is poor dynasty managing. This guy will likely finish about WR 16 and you will be disappointed. Buy him next year when the the expectations aren't unrealistic. I bought Olave for a 2.01 this year. I feel like I stole him. Sure as heck not spending a top 3 pick for GW.
2.01 of a startup?

Seriously, what kind point are you trying to make referencing a trade that should never happen in a remotely competitive league?

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:49 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:29 pm
Even if that's a Superflex League that's ridiculous.
Maybe it's a 4-team league. :lol:

These trades from bad owners don't contribute anything to how a typical league operates. Nobody will trade Wilson for a second round pick next offseason even if he isn't a WR1.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:57 pm

Murphy - if you traded for Olave for 2.01 that is not reflective of his value in general, just his value for one single person who clearly isn't good at dynasty. I can assure everyone else on this board, you will not get him for anything less than a very high first at the minimum, and that's selling him low.

Also, just because you might get similar production from Ridley this year, who costs nothing (actually prob a first), doesnt mean Wilson is overvalued. There's an almost 6 year gap of production between Wilson and Ridley. Good chance Ridley is out of the league when Wilson is entering his prime.

I completely agree that buying these guys at current prices is buying at the highs, but all of these top end WRs are absolutely worth the price they command.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:14 pm

To be fair, not a start up. He is getting forgotten in the GW wave. Was a 12 team standard league. I did not make the initial offer and it was given to me. It is a pretty hard core league I have been in for years, AR was on the clock and he wanted to bite. My WHOLE point is GW has no value at all, look elsewhere.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:28 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:14 pm To be fair, not a start up. He is getting forgotten in the GW wave. Was a 12 team standard league. I did not make the initial offer and it was given to me. It is a pretty hard core league I have been in for years, AR was on the clock and he wanted to bite. My WHOLE point is GW has no value at all, look elsewhere.
So now because you screwed someone over in a trade for Olave means Wilson isn’t going to produce?

Did I enter some kind of FF alternate universe here?

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:43 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:28 pm
murphysxm wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:14 pm To be fair, not a start up. He is getting forgotten in the GW wave. Was a 12 team standard league. I did not make the initial offer and it was given to me. It is a pretty hard core league I have been in for years, AR was on the clock and he wanted to bite. My WHOLE point is GW has no value at all, look elsewhere.
So now because you screwed someone over in a trade for Olave means Wilson isn’t going to produce?

I have been here for a bit. I don't think I push forward bad takes. I accepted a trade I was offered and used it as a counter point to how the community sees GW versus Olave and I am the bad guy? MY ONLY POINT IS THAT GARRETT IS GETTING MORE LOVE THAN HE SHOULD AND OLAVE IS CLEARLY NOT. I was offered the trade.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:25 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:43 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:28 pm

I have been here for a bit. I don't think I push forward bad takes. I accepted a trade I was offered and used it as a counter point to how the community sees GW versus Olave and I am the bad guy? MY ONLY POINT IS THAT GARRETT IS GETTING MORE LOVE THAN HE SHOULD AND OLAVE IS CLEARLY NOT. I was offered the trade.
I dunno, there's two leagues I can't pry Olave off his teams and the startup I just did I ended up buying Olave as the 5th highest WR because everyone wanted him.

kTC has them a late 2nd apart in SF.