Garrett Wilson is my WR1 in this class and it’s not that close for me… am I crazy??

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Garrett Wilson is my WR1 in this class and it’s not that close for me… am I crazy??

Postby Ice » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:03 am

He is going to be a target beast that won't get out of the 2nd round in PPr 1 QB redrafts. He is Rodgers new Davante. That was obvious in just 2 series of work.

The dynasty acquisition window is all but closed for this player at fair value pricing.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Garrett Wilson is my WR1 in this class and it’s not that close for me… am I crazy??

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:26 am

Ice wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:03 am He is going to be a target beast that won't get out of the 2nd round in PPr 1 QB redrafts. He is Rodgers new Davante. That was obvious in just 2 series of work.

The dynasty acquisition window is all but closed for this player at fair value pricing.
I'm a big fan of his game, but Adams was a top 5 WR for years now and that is a massive jump for GW. It's a possible outcome, but everything needs to go right.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:32 am

I like GW as much as the next guy, but I would much rather target Olave at their costs.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:36 am

Even if he puts up WR2 numbers, I'd expect him to retain his dynasty ranking

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:02 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:32 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:19 am
Patsfan86 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:28 am I acquired him a few weeks ago I’m very happy but All I can say is man expectations are high for him. I’ve seen this 1000 times in Dynasty and it always concerns me when expectations grow this much. All it does is bring the haters out and lower his value. If the guy doesn’t have a high end WR1 season people are gonna start calling him a bust. Why do we do this all the time with these guys? Let’s slow down a bit.
You can’t replace the single player ppg of a guy like that.
Serious question, GW was the WR31 ppg in PPR last year. How is that not replaceable?

Obviously I love GW and think he will go beyond that, but even if he is a high end WR2/low end WR1, there is a pretty good tier of WRs scoring in that tier. I get the youth factor, but I think i'm missing the point you're making.
Let's keep in mind he was a rookie who in five of his first six games was on the field for less than 65% of the snaps. He showed dynamic playmaking ability and put up 1100 yards in his rookie season despite horrible QB play. I fully understand the hype and would expect him to take another leap. There's a decent amount of WRs in his ballpark, but this guy has shown the production to match his incredible talent. There's very few WRs I'd want over him.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:50 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:26 am
Ice wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:03 am He is going to be a target beast that won't get out of the 2nd round in PPr 1 QB redrafts. He is Rodgers new Davante. That was obvious in just 2 series of work.

I'm a big fan of his game, but Adams was a top 5 WR for years now and that is a massive jump for GW. It's a possible outcome, but everything needs to go right.
It doesn't take long for cream to rise; See Justin Jefferson, CeeDee Lamb, and I could go on. The Talent is there as is the opportunity to move to Uber Elite this season. That is why his value and draft position are skyrocketing. I sure wouldn't bet against him after seeing Rodgers lock onto his favorite WR's over the years.

I am also a big fan of Olave who is a tick lower to acquire but as an Olave owner he isn't for sale on my rosters anymore than Garrett would be if I owned him.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:59 am

Ice wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:50 am
gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:26 am

I am also a big fan of Olave who is a tick lower to acquire but as an Olave owner he isn't for sale on my rosters anymore than Garrett would be if I owned him.
100% I've received no serious offers for either Wilson or Olave. Glad to hold on

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:06 am

mild wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:19 pm If there's one thing I'm sure of after seeing today's games:

GW to the f--kin' moon.

for as long as 39 year old A-rod stays healthy
- Top-10 in First Read % last season.
- Team adds Aaron Rodgers.
- Still no comparable talent in the WR room.

If Wilson isn't a WR1 this season, something went terribly wrong.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:57 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:28 am I acquired him a few weeks ago I’m very happy but All I can say is man expectations are high for him. I’ve seen this 1000 times in Dynasty and it always concerns me when expectations grow this much. All it does is bring the haters out and lower his value. If the guy doesn’t have a high end WR1 season people are gonna start calling him a bust. Why do we do this all the time with these guys? Let’s slow down a bit.
Serious question, GW was the WR31 ppg in PPR last year. How is that not replaceable?

Obviously I love GW and think he will go beyond that, but even if he is a high end WR2/low end WR1, there is a pretty good tier of WRs scoring in that tier. I get the youth factor, but I think i'm missing the point you're making.
Really? That’s a serious question? Okay, like I said in the part of my post you didn’t quote. If you don’t see him as a cornerstone then find a trade partner. There are enough FFers who have a vision of his being a top WR asset.

He had Wilson, Flacco, White and Strevelar throwing him the ball in his rookie year. The only one of those 4 who threw for more than 60% completions and a 76 rating was Strevelar. Now he’s got one of the best passers in NFL history, who btw has already established strong chemistry and compared him favorably to his long time go-to WR and he’s entering his sophomore year, where great WRs traditionally see an good uptick in production.
Last edited by Bronco Billy on Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:14 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:57 pm

Really? That’s a serious question? Okay, like I said in the part of my post you didn’t quote. If you don’t see him as a cornerstone then find a trade partner. There are enough FFers who have a vision of his being a top WR asset.

He had Wilson, Flacco, White and Strevelar throwing him the ball in his rookie year. The only one of those 4 who threw for more than 60% completions and a 76 QBR was Strevelar. Now he’s got one of the best passers in NFL history, who btw has already established strong chemistry and compared him favorably to his long time go-to WR and he’s entering his sophomore year, where great WRs traditionally see an good uptick in production.
Got it. So projection is unreplaceable... Where do you project him?
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman

Year 9 of my league

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:41 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:14 pm Got it. So projection is unreplaceable... Where do you project him?
Davante 2.0 for as long as Aaron Rodgers holds up.

He is a top 12 scoring WR this year in most people's eyes. That's why he's going as WR10 in most redrafts.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:48 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:14 pm
I’ll put the Jets at 615 pass attempts with Rodgers completing 65% of his passes, which is 400 completions and 38 TDs.

I’m figuring Wilson with 120 receptions (7 per game) at 12.8 ypr for 1536 yds and 12 TDs. That’s based on a 17 game season.

That puts him around WR5/WR6 in a ppr league.
Last edited by Bronco Billy on Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:54 pm

Just caught his td from the other day.

If you don't see the talent, you shouldn't be watching football or playing fantasy.

Or maybe you should have more fantasy teams so we can take you money
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:20 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:48 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:14 pm
I’ll put the Jets at 615 pass attempts with Rodgers completing 65% of his passes, which is 400 completions and 38 TDs.

I’m figuring Wilson with 120 receptions (7 per game) at 12.8 ypr for 1536 yds and 12 TDs. That’s based on a 17 game season.

That puts him around WR5/WR6 in a ppr league.
I see that as a ceiling but think he is closer to 100-1300-10 which should put him around WR6-10 range. I guess what i'm getting at is, I wouldn't be surprised to see him on-par/outproduced by a guy like Calvin Ridley who costs almost nothing.

Year 9 of my league

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:33 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:20 pm I see that as a ceiling but think he is closer to 100-1300-10 which should put him around WR6-10 range. I guess what i'm getting at is, I wouldn't be surprised to see him on-par/outproduced by a guy like Calvin Ridley who costs almost nothing.
Not sure if you're just returning from the wilderness, but you have a strange take on the value of "almost nothing"...

Ridley costs a 1st.