Garrett Wilson is my WR1 in this class and it’s not that close for me… am I crazy??

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Garrett Wilson is my WR1 in this class and it’s not that close for me… am I crazy??

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:01 pm

I understand why London would be your WR1, given him being the first one off the board, his big-body Alpha-frame, and the lack of WR-competition in ATL. That being said, he looks to me like a love-child of NKeal Harry & Kelvin Benjamin, if Keyarris Garret was the nanny to that child.

I get why Burks is your WR1 - he seems like he could step right into “the AJB role”, albeit to a lesser extent I’m sure.

I get why, if you don’t need production from your rookie WR this year (which is how we should always view these things), Jameson Williams is your WR1. He was a lot of analysts WR1 before his injury, and an ACL from 2021 probably won’t affect his career much.

That being said - I watch Garrett Wilson and I love him. Dude just looks special in a way that I don’t see from these other guys (including Williams).

Am I crazy?
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Garrett Wilson is my WR1 in this class and it’s not that close for me… am I crazy??

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:05 pm

Not crazy at all. I don't think any of the top four or five WRs in this class is a tier above the rest.

I'd take London because it feels like the big WRs hit more often & Jets players hit less often, but I don't think anyone is wrong to have their own preferences. I do think Garrett WIlson is very talented, I just wish he'd landed with the better organization and QB.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Garrett Wilson is my WR1 in this class and it’s not that close for me… am I crazy??

Postby Sriracha » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:05 pm

Nope, he’s the best combo of safety and upside in this draft class.

I do view the upside of Burks, Jameson, London, Watson higher but I also see them as far riskier prospects and his upside isn’t far behind.

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:12 pm

With E Moore looking very good last year (Davis is decent too) and reports from OTA that Zach isn't looking so hot.
IMO, Biggest question is can Zach feed all the mouths there and make them fantasy relevant.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:16 pm

Straycatz2 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:12 pm With E Moore looking very good last year (Davis is decent too) and reports from OTA that Zach isn't looking so hot.
IMO, Biggest question is can Zach feed all the mouths there and make them fantasy relevant.
Bingo.

I know everyone wants to write him off but Corey Davis is also going to be a factor.

I believe this receiver room is so good that Zach doesn't need to be able to "feed all the mouths" there.. he just needs to prove he can operate an NFL offense and let them take care of the rest.

Either Zach is a complete bust (very possible) or these guys will be fine.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:46 pm

Anyone dropping Keyaris Garrett references is a great poster in my book.
I think any of the top 5 as your wr1 is reasonable (maybe Olave is a stretch for wr1). I share some of the concerns on London, but don't fault anyone for having him wr1.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:47 pm

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:46 pm Anyone dropping Keyaris Garrett references is a great poster in my book.
I think any of the top 5 as your wr1 is reasonable (maybe Olave is a stretch for wr1). I share some of the concerns on London, but don't fault anyone for having him wr1.
Do you like Jameson or Olave better, long term?
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:51 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:47 pm
ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:46 pm Anyone dropping Keyaris Garrett references is a great poster in my book.
Do you like Jameson or Olave better, long term?
Jameson for me. He's somewhere between Will Fuller (complete with durability concerns) and Randy Moss. Just awesome upside. (Caveat: I am NOT saying he's a Moss level prospect, just a stylistic comp)
Olave seems like he's going to walk right into lineups as a wr2/3 early and just stay there for 5-8 years. But I think it's relatively easy to find wr2/3 production so I don't value that as much as other dynasty players.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:59 pm

Wilson is easily #1 for me as well. Not close.

To the doubters - look up tape of him in high school. He looked like a pro then. He looked like a pro in college. His catch against Clemson down the sideline is something NFL WRs dream of doing.

He handles himself extremely well. He comes from a good family and you can tell he was raised well. For someone who has been THE guy since high school (and probably his entire life) his head isn’t too big. He is still a tremendous worker.

Edit: If you are an Elijah fan, the same team that drafted him identified Wilson. They were rumored to go DE at 10. They tried to trade 10 for a WR. It was because they thought the Falcons would take Wilson. When they took London, they did not field any calls for 10.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:06 pm

Lumps wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:59 pm Edit: If you are an Elijah fan, the same team that drafted him identified Wilson. They were rumored to go DE at 10. They tried to trade 10 for a WR. It was because they thought the Falcons would take Wilson. When they took London, they did not field any calls for 10.
I thought the report was they offered 10 for Deebo + a 2nd when it was on the clock. It was from a pretty well known reporter too, but exactly who escapes me right now.
Either way, I agree with your overall post. Wilson is probably the best ceiling/floor combo in the draft.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:14 pm

While the Jets discussed trades leading up to the draft, they never fielded a call for the 10th pick once on the clock, according to Douglas. “Not going to get into any discussions,” Douglas said. “I'll say this: When we were on the clock at 10, we didn't field any calls.”Apr 29, 2022

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:19 pm

Overall Wilson is #1. Everything he does translates well to the NFL. Only thing he really lacks is weight, but that can be added with minimal decrease in speed.

London has speed/separation questions
Burks has route questions
Williams has the injury question, but otherwise would probably be 1a.

Only question I have with Wilson is his QB. After that even with Moore and CD as opposition I think Wilson outduels them. I suppose the real conundrum is who is Zach going to prefer throwing to.

Edit: That being said they're all very close in their own tier and anyone could leapfrog the other. When we look back at it in a year it'll probably be much clearer, but right now it's a cluster.
Last edited by YouMightDieTryin on Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:23 pm

He was my WR1 before the draft and usually I have talent over situation but any WR going to the Jets, Ravens, or Patriots is enough for me to pause. So if Wilson hits it won't be on any of my teams, don't believe in Wilson, the Jets ability to develop a top 15 fantasy WR, or them to be able to feed a ton of weapons in the passing game when snow will be on the field half of those games. There were only a few teams I wasn't gonna draft Wilson and he landed on one of those.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:26 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:19 pm Overall Wilson is #1. Everything he does translates well to the NFL. Only thing he really lacks is weight, but that can be added with minimal decrease in speed.
Agree here. I made the comment somewhere else that if you have seen him with his shirt off, you know his weight isn’t in his upper body. Which, explains why he has so many broken tackles at his weight. It must be all in his legs. Also, he is absolutely shredded, appears to just be naturally. So whereas another WR may list at 200 with some extra pounds he is just 188 (or whatever it was) and mid single digits body fat %.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:37 pm

Lumps wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:14 pm
While the Jets discussed trades leading up to the draft, they never fielded a call for the 10th pick once on the clock, according to Douglas. “Not going to get into any discussions,” Douglas said. “I'll say this: When we were on the clock at 10, we didn't field any calls.”Apr 29, 2022
Interesting. I think I believe the beat writers and rapsheet when they all have basically the same report over the gm who has no reason to say anything except "this was the guy we wanted" right after he drafted him. But it really doesn't change anything one way or another when evaluating Wilson.