James Cook

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: James Cook

Postby Ice » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:35 am

Always been a big fan and had a 1st round grade on him.
He is looking even better than I thought he would at this point and I am really glad I own him.

I had him as my breakout RB this season in our Guru contest.

He looks to be an ideal fit for their offense.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:25 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:35 am 1.12 sure take a swing
1.02 put the the pipe down

Think I said it about Rachaad White, but I have no issue taking a swing on Cook or another RB after the 1st 2 are gone and the top 6-8 WR are off the board
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:26 pm 1.10 may seem a little high, and I wouldn't take Cook ahead of the other 9 in that draft that were picked before him, but how many more players would people take ahead of Cook? For me it's 1 or 2 other guys and I'm not even a big Cook supporter

Rachaad White, Brian Robinson, Spiller, Zamir White, Dotson, Pickens, Wan’Dale, Bell, Metchie, Pierce, all go around the 1st/2nd turn but a lot of those guys do not have the same upside
I thought I remember being a big hater, but it was more about his cost in rookie drafts being a late 1st above some WR I preferred (and Rachaad White lol). I really like what I have seen from Cook with the new OC. They are actually using him now and it makes you wonder why they weren't before given their need for more weapons. He's not even playing many more snaps, just getting more touches and has been one of the most efficient RB this year.

1st 10 games: 14.4 touches, 83.7 scrim yards, 0.2 TD per game
Last 4 games: 21 touches, 142 scrim yards and 1 TD per game.

These last 4 games, Cook has been over 100 yards in each and had his 1st 2 TD game. His other 26 career games include 6 100 yard games and 5 Total TD

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:41 am

I haven't gone back to see my posts, but i can safely say I was too low on Cook
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:49 am

murphysxm wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:41 am I haven't gone back to see my posts, but i can safely say I was too low on Cook
Same

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:50 pm

I assume most folks will have Bijan, CMC, Hall, Taylor, Gibbs over him. Curious to hear about guys like Achane, Etienne, Walker - are we putting Cook in that company or is he still a tier or two below?
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:47 pm

murphysxm wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:41 am I haven't gone back to see my posts, but i can safely say I was too low on Cook
Yeah, me too.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:50 pm

I was too low on him. Georgia was a great program, he was undersized, and didn't ever produce much on the ground. Going to Buffalo where RB's aren't targeted a whole lot, I didn't see a great fit. It will be interesting to see how he does the rest of the year. Cowboys DL were put on skates in Sunday. Cook was contacted at or behind the LOS once, the entire day. If the Bills can push people around, they will be a tough team to play in January, with a run game. This doesn't bode well for Kincaid though, if they want to play this way.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:15 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:50 pm I was too low on him. Georgia was a great program, he was undersized, and didn't ever produce much on the ground. Going to Buffalo where RB's aren't targeted a whole lot, I didn't see a great fit. It will be interesting to see how he does the rest of the year. Cowboys DL were put on skates in Sunday. Cook was contacted at or behind the LOS once, the entire day. If the Bills can push people around, they will be a tough team to play in January, with a run game. This doesn't bode well for Kincaid though, if they want to play this way.
Or Josh Allen's chances of carrying fantasy teams.....
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:51 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:50 pm I was too low on him. Georgia was a great program, he was undersized, and didn't ever produce much on the ground. Going to Buffalo where RB's aren't targeted a whole lot, I didn't see a great fit. It will be interesting to see how he does the rest of the year. Cowboys DL were put on skates in Sunday. Cook was contacted at or behind the LOS once, the entire day. If the Bills can push people around, they will be a tough team to play in January, with a run game. This doesn't bode well for Kincaid though, if they want to play this way.
The coaching change the Bills made a few weeks back is having a positive impact for Cook. I like to see them utilizing his skill set.

I will say though that a strong running game is usually good for the team's TE with receiving skills.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:12 pm

The Bills played the long-game perfectly with Cook. I said when he was drafted that it was a GOOD thing that they didn't view him as a bellcow, because he wasn't.
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:47 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:45 pm Oof. Just one game, but not what you want to see. I kept telling myself “hey, Kareem Hunt fumbled his first touch as well, and it didn’t hurt his rookie season!”

But alas, it was not to be. At least not in week 1 😂
Not ideal. Awaiting the offseason hgh bulk up a’la CMC
And now that he's had the HGH offseason