James Cook

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: James Cook

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:19 am

Honestly wonder if the Bills will ever just get a legitimate early down RB who can handle 15-20 carries, though it would take the ball out of Allen's hands.

I still think there's an opportunity for Cook to excel, but it's not looking good early.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:12 am

Sadly I bought into the CEH 2.0 juice...and it's not worth the squeeze.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:43 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:12 am Sadly I bought into the CEH 2.0 juice...and it's not worth the squeeze.
I didn't buy it at all, and currently have zero shares of Cook.

I do wish I had invested more in Dameon Pierce though.
Only got one share of him at pick 3.01 in a draft held in early May, right after the NFL draft.

Once Pierce started climbing into early 2nd and late 1st territory I avoided him, and now regret it.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:11 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:43 pmI do wish I had invested more in Dameon Pierce though.
:doh: You and me both. Only one share for me, too.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:21 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:19 am Honestly wonder if the Bills will ever just get a legitimate early down RB who can handle 15-20 carries, though it would take the ball out of Allen's hands.

I still think there's an opportunity for Cook to excel, but it's not looking good early.
There's quite a few of those in next year's draft. I could definitely see it as a possibility... at this point the '23 RB class might run about 8 or 9 deep with quality backs. That would put one squarely in Buffalo's 2nd/3rd round range assuming a deep run.

Their season would have to end with them not being able to run the ball in key playoff game scenarios for them to prioritise it - but given that they're using Singletary as a bell cow right now, I could definitely see them coming to that conclusion.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:23 am

I don’t think James is Cooked just yet, but if he’s not careful he’ll be out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:41 am

They need to get serious about their RB situation. Moss should have been cut, Singletary is a COP and Cook is a punt returner.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:27 pm

11 carries for 86 yards. There might be life afterall.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:49 am

Cook showing some real signs of life over the last month or so - a sign of things to come or fool's gold?

He's put together 41 / 226 (5.5 ypc) over the past 6 games and has added 11/114 receiving over that time span.

I think prior poster's concerns about his strength and tackle-breaking ability are legit, but he's passing the eye test out there. Maybe that's not saying much in a backfield that has trotted out Singletary / Moss / Hines throughout the year, but Cook brings notable speed / quickness / elusiveness that the other Buffalo RB's haven't shown. And he's excelling as a pass catcher even after the team traded for Hines.

Does he have "starting RB" in his realistic range of outcomes? Or is his ceiling capped as a change-of-pace RB? Personally I could see Buffalo moving on from Singletary, and drafting a big, short-yardage bruiser in the 3rd - 5th round (Z. Charbonnet, K. Miller?) to pair with Cook - essentially what they thought they were getting with Zach Moss. Are people still convinced that Buffalo has RB atop their draft list and will be looking heavily into Bijan / Gibbs / Evans / Tucker / Corum?
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:14 am

He certainly looks to be progressing nicely. He will continue to get stronger. I agree the Bills will probably move off Singletary after the season.

Cook is the kind of back that won't need massive touches to be very successful. He just needs to continue to work hard but it is obvious the coaches are liking what they are seeing.

I expect his usage to continue to trend upward.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:25 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:49 am Cook showing some real signs of life over the last month or so - a sign of things to come or fool's gold?

He's put together 41 / 226 (5.5 ypc) over the past 6 games and has added 11/114 receiving over that time span.

I think prior poster's concerns about his strength and tackle-breaking ability are legit, but he's passing the eye test out there. Maybe that's not saying much in a backfield that has trotted out Singletary / Moss / Hines throughout the year, but Cook brings notable speed / quickness / elusiveness that the other Buffalo RB's haven't shown. And he's excelling as a pass catcher even after the team traded for Hines.

Does he have "starting RB" in his realistic range of outcomes? Or is his ceiling capped as a change-of-pace RB? Personally I could see Buffalo moving on from Singletary, and drafting a big, short-yardage bruiser in the 3rd - 5th round (Z. Charbonnet, K. Miller?) to pair with Cook - essentially what they thought they were getting with Zach Moss. Are people still convinced that Buffalo has RB atop their draft list and will be looking heavily into Bijan / Gibbs / Evans / Tucker / Corum?
Seems like the most likely scenario to me. Bijan will be gone by the time the Bills draft. I'm guessing they take an RB day two to pair with Cook. I agree that they will most likely want a better interior runner, but not even going to try to guess who they may be.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:08 pm

Speaking of the Bills, is anyone dropping Nyheim Hines? He feels like a wasted spot on my roster as well as on the Bills. Lucky for him as a player to be freed from the shackles of Indy mediocrity and he can now hang out on the sidelines of a winning organization

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:23 pm

jordanzs wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:08 pm Speaking of the Bills, is anyone dropping Nyheim Hines? He feels like a wasted spot on my roster as well as on the Bills. Lucky for him as a player to be freed from the shackles of Indy mediocrity and he can now hang out on the sidelines of a winning organization
Dropped him 2 weeks ago or so and have been churning that spot since. I kept stashes like Zamir and Warren over him at the time.

I loved having him in Indy but dont see the path for him in BUF behind Cook. Good player, still has some juice but he just turned 26 and has 0 shot of being a lead back. BUF can also cut him next year with 0 dead cap. Not saying they would, but he does carry an average of 5M cap hit next 2 years. That's not exactly cheap compared to Cook. Hines is the only other RB under contract for 23 though so I could see them sticking with him if they don't find better options. I don't think he's fantasy relevant much more barring injury

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:48 pm

Didn't expect much from him this season. But very hopeful Singletary is allowed to walk, and 2023 becomes a bit of a breakout year for Cook. Otherwise, guess I should have drafted Watson instead. We'll see...
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:27 am

Re-visiting this James Cook thread, turns out the kid can play. May not have the build to sustain 18+ touches week-in and week-out for multiple seasons, but the Bills have finally decided to use him as a near workhorse:

Averaging 17 carries + 4 catches per game after the OC change a month ago, and he's produced these stat lines
-102 yards, TD (3 catches)
-100 yards (6 catches)
-141 yards, TD (5 catches)
-221 yards, 2 TD (3 catches)

He's up to RB #5 on the season, and is currently 3rd in the entire NFL in yards from scrimmage - so what does the dynasty community think of him currently? Where does he land in your dynasty rankings moving forward?
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich