Rachaad White

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Rachaad White

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:41 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:45 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:59 pm Love this guy. The upside seems obvious to me
Not sure the upside with that OL and Brady on the way out. Next year, new QB, perhaps new system, and of course, they will add a RB, if they cut Fournette. He should get more carries, I think his upside is a RB2. Don't think he's a lead back, but with his pass catching, if he can get 12-15 touches a game, he could do quite well in PPR leagues. Really depends on who the TB QB is next year though. A running QB would be no good, you'd want a guy like Brady who can't move and checks down.
I'm just talking about his talent alone. Which shines through the messy situation he's in right now. He runs well and catches the ball with ease. Situations change and you and I always knew he was stuck behind LF for this year. Losing this version of Brady I don't think will hurt him too much either. The OL stinks though and is part of the reason this is one of the worst rushing teams. Also a reason Brady is throwing the ball extremely quick after the snap.

I'll gladly take RB2 numbers from someone I drafted 2nd round everywhere. That’s a pretty safe floor in PPR if he gets those 12-15 touches a game. Backend RB1 isn't out of the realm of possibilities because there just aren't any bellcows anymore. I could see him as a 'lead back' but like a 60-40 split with a bruiser in tandem

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:13 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:01 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:45 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:59 pm Love this guy. The upside seems obvious to me
Not sure the upside with that OL and Brady on the way out. Next year, new QB, perhaps new system, and of course, they will add a RB, if they cut Fournette. He should get more carries, I think his upside is a RB2. Don't think he's a lead back, but with his pass catching, if he can get 12-15 touches a game, he could do quite well in PPR leagues. Really depends on who the TB QB is next year though. A running QB would be no good, you'd want a guy like Brady who can't move and checks down.
That's the upside. Basically enough pass catching that even mediocre rushing puts him in low RB1 territory
ppr depresses me somehow.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:23 am

Another 100 yard game. 9 receptions this week 👀

Here's hoping Lenny sits for a while. Might be starting Rachaad down the stretch if that's the case

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:26 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:23 am Another 100 yard game. 9 receptions this week 👀

Here's hoping Lenny sits for a while. Might be starting Rachaad down the stretch if that's the case
I'm regretting selling him for Dulcich, even though its TEP and I needed to get rid of points on my roster. He looks very good.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:22 am

CGW wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:26 am
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:23 am Another 100 yard game. 9 receptions this week 👀

I'm regretting selling him for Dulcich, even though its TEP and I needed to get rid of points on my roster. He looks very good.
Does he? Asking seriously. I only saw highlights from the game, but outside of the one long run where he had acres of open field ahead of him, White barely got anything done on the ground. The receiving work is great, but pretty much exactly what Fournette has been doing all year.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:35 am

Ruggenater wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:22 am
CGW wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:26 am

Does he? Asking seriously. I only saw highlights from the game, but outside of the one long run where he had acres of open field ahead of him, White barely got anything done on the ground. The receiving work is great, but pretty much exactly what Fournette has been doing all year.
i think i've said this already, but like every other old twat, i like to repeat myself, so there it goes:

he is dangerous when he gets to the second level cleanly, but his average (at best) vision and cutting/burst won't allow that to happen that many times. and that's about it, as far as positives go. sure he can catch a football when he's alone in the backfield, but he doesn't look a refined catcher out of the backfield (yet?).

and just to keep on yelling at the clouds, his game yesterday is an example of why ppr sucks.

edit: i forgot to mention that he looks very easy to bring down, which is something i can't stand in RBs.
Last edited by killer_of_giants on Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:06 am

Yeah, if you take his big run/runs and his receptions out he sucks...

He's not going to create a ton on his own. I agree there. But, even then, he's averaging 4.6 and 4.8 ypc the last two weeks since getting the bulk of the work. This isnt an offense that is going to put up massive rush yards, but hes done pretty well putting up back to back games with 100 scrimmage yards. The receptions are where he, and Lenny, have done work this season.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:09 pm

Can someone explain to me why people seem to be high on this guy? I just saw someone say in trade forum they prefer White to Miles Sanders. Really?!?

This guy averaged 3.7 YPC and 5.8 YPR. Are you guys really pumped about a guy getting nearly double points from PPR as he scored from the yards on those catches?

He seemed mediocre in the predraft and these are mediocre numbers. This is some PPR fantasy nonsense propping up a bad player, IMO.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:18 pm

I see Tampa pounding the ball. Tons of carriers. I like a fresh White over a Miles Sanders bye week flex retread.

Always bet on the next rb is my moto and sanders ain't it
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:15 pm

He is the reason everyone is drafting sean tucker. They see a pathway to touches.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:47 pm

81- wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:18 pm I see Tampa pounding the ball. Tons of carriers. I like a fresh White over a Miles Sanders bye week flex retread.

Always bet on the next rb is my moto and sanders ain't it
Bet on the next good RB. White isn't very good. Sanders was paid, and they have way more reasons to continue to feed him than TB does with White. TB will be losing a lot, so pounding the ball down 2 TD's doesn't really work. Their offense is going to suck. I'd take Sanders all day, personally. Not sure how Sanders is a re-tread, coming off last years season. He was a priority FA RB, because he had a fantastic season.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:28 am

Lumps wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:09 pm Can someone explain to me why people seem to be high on this guy? I just saw someone say in trade forum they prefer White to Miles Sanders. Really?!?

This guy averaged 3.7 YPC and 5.8 YPR. Are you guys really pumped about a guy getting nearly double points from PPR as he scored from the yards on those catches?

He seemed mediocre in the predraft and these are mediocre numbers. This is some PPR fantasy nonsense propping up a bad player, IMO.
Who are you seeing that’s so high on him outside of one random poster? Most of the talking heads on YT have him ranked either barely inside their top-24 rbs or even outside of that. I think he has an opportunity to finish as a low-end RB2 at the least. Catching 50 balls as a rookie is not nothing no matter how he achieved it. Coincidentally, speaking of Sanders, is something he hasn’t done since his rookie season.

Some of the metrics for White weren’t great but I’m willing to put some of that on the atrocious line(which, admittedly probably won’t be much better). TB also had ample opportunity to address the position through the draft in a deep RB class and free agency and all they really brought in was Sean Tucker. They must be pretty content to see what White can do as the guy. Remember, he was essentially splitting work with Fournette last year for the majority of the season.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:02 am

JoeJoe88 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:28 am
Lumps wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:09 pm Can someone explain to me why people seem to be high on this guy? I just saw someone say in trade forum they prefer White to Miles Sanders. Really?!?

Who are you seeing that’s so high on him outside of one random poster? Most of the talking heads on YT have him ranked either barely inside their top-24 rbs or even outside of that. I think he has an opportunity to finish as a low-end RB2 at the least. Catching 50 balls as a rookie is not nothing no matter how he achieved it. Coincidentally, speaking of Sanders, is something he hasn’t done since his rookie season.

Some of the metrics for White weren’t great but I’m willing to put some of that on the atrocious line(which, admittedly probably won’t be much better). TB also had ample opportunity to address the position through the draft in a deep RB class and free agency and all they really brought in was Sean Tucker. They must be pretty content to see what White can do as the guy. Remember, he was essentially splitting work with Fournette last year for the majority of the season.
Yeah I don't buy into the YPC argument either because the OL was awful. LF had similarly terrible efficiency. TB was getting rid of the ball at record rates because the lack of protection. Now, maybe this offense is still just as bad this year, but I still think White is talented enough to be a flex/RB2 consideration most weeks.

I have been a big fan of White since scouting him, but the highest I could even put him is back end RB2. If you don't play in PPR, he's obviously a guy who benefits from receptions so you should obviously fade him more than in PPR formats.2

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:16 am

People are high on him mainly because Tampa has nothing else and he's a pretty solid receiver out of the backfield. He doesn't look like a very nuanced inside runner to me, but I have a hard time not imagining him hitting RB2 numbers in PPR leagues just based on the receiving he projects for. His ADP is around RB23-25, worth approximately an early 2nd, so I'm not sure how he's overrated. Pretty safe RB2 for almost RB3 prices. That seems like the perfect 'zero RB' target to me.

I will say, even in the league I own Rachaad in, I look at him as a shorter term RB option rather than a long term dynasty asset. This Tampa team seems like one that is about to go through a major rebuild to me.

Peener
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Peener » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:51 am

How are people feeling about his outlook for 2024? Still a sell?