Rachaad White

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Rachaad White

Postby Sriracha » Sun May 22, 2022 1:32 pm

Fournette is averaging under 7 yards per reception as a receiver.

I'm not saying that Rachaad is assured much of any role in year 1, but the potential is definitely there to take on that role and he could make Fournette expendable in the coming years.

If Fournette misses time (and his ankles have been an issue for him dating back to college) White has league winning potential in this offense, running behind that O-line and being peppered with targets from an immobile HoF pocket passer.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 22, 2022 4:38 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:32 pm Fournette is averaging under 7 yards per reception as a receiver.

I'm not saying that Rachaad is assured much of any role in year 1, but the potential is definitely there to take on that role and he could make Fournette expendable in the coming years.

If Fournette misses time (and his ankles have been an issue for him dating back to college) White has league winning potential in this offense, running behind that O-line and being peppered with targets from an immobile HoF pocket passer.
Scott, is that you? :lol: Well, at least you said potential. Not stating it as inevitable. :wink: FWIW, Lenny has a career average of 7.1 YPR, but I understand your point.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sun May 22, 2022 7:56 pm

I'm not a fan. I had him as RB5 pre Draft, but I'm off him now that he went to the Bucs.
Bad landing spot IMO.Could be better once Brady and Fournette leave town.

Just a 2022 version of Ke'Shawn Vaughn.
Vaughn was a trendy late 1st round pick in 2020 rookie drafts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 22, 2022 8:01 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:56 pm I'm not a fan. I had him as RB5 pre Draft, but I'm off him now that he went to the Bucs.

Damn, I just realized this. Apostrophe after the 2nd letter. L Bell and Chase were total hits. Well, as Meatloaf once said: "Two out of three ain't bad." I will have to adjust my model with this piece of information, however.

I'm also starting to realize, between this thread and the Hollywood thread, I am lower than most, on players named Rachaad/Rashod, regardless of spelling.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun May 22, 2022 8:27 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:56 pm I'm not a fan. I had him as RB5 pre Draft, but I'm off him now that he went to the Bucs.

Except Vaughn was always trash

I normally avoid late first early 2nd RBs like the plague but this is a bit of a lazy comparison IMO

I don’t see how he can move down after getting day 2 capital

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 22, 2022 8:35 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:27 pm

I normally avoid late first early 2nd RBs like the plague but this is a bit of a lazy comparison IMO

OK. If you're going to call him out for a lazy comparison, you have to do better than "except Vaughn was always trash" as a rebuttal to that claim. :lol:

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun May 22, 2022 8:46 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:32 pm Fournette is averaging under 7 yards per reception as a receiver.

Was gonna point out Fournette's receiving ypr versus White's college numbers, but that'd be NFL vs Pac.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun May 22, 2022 8:52 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:35 pm

OK. If you're going to call him out for a lazy comparison, you have to do better than "except Vaughn was always trash" as a rebuttal to that claim. :lol:
Not that athletic, old, productive but nothing like the receiving upside of White

White legitimately has some of the highest receiving target shares of any recent RB prospects

That’s something that tends to be sticky (not 100% obviously but still)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 22, 2022 8:54 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:52 pm

Not that athletic, old, productive but nothing like the receiving upside of White

White legitimately has some of the highest receiving target shares of any recent RB prospects

Cool. :thumbup:

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun May 22, 2022 9:08 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:54 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:52 pm

Cool. :thumbup:
Honestly on the surface Vaughn didn’t look like a bad prospect

He’s the poster boy for not just applying something like dominator and 40 time without looking at the full picture

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon May 23, 2022 2:14 am

Hahaha, good one.
I can see you in 2 years saying that Rachaad White was always trash. :lol:

You simply must have forgotten about the 2020 class. Vaughn had higher draft capital, pick 76 versus White's pick 91.
Also, Vaughn had two 1000 yard rushing seasons in the SEC, while White only hit 1000 yards once, in the weak PAC 12.
Both backs even weigh 214 pounds. Basically the exact same back going to TB.

You must be that guy that knew everyone who was gonna be a bust. I'm sure you called Terrance Marshall, Trey Sermon, N'Keal Harry, Corey Davis, CEH, Zach Moss, I'm sure that every call you ever made was 100% accurate. :roll:

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon May 23, 2022 4:36 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:14 am

Hahaha, good one.
I can see you in 2 years saying that Rachaad White was always trash. :lol:

You simply must have forgotten about the 2020 class. Vaughn had higher draft capital, pick 76 versus White's pick 91.
Also, Vaughn had two 1000 yard rushing seasons in the SEC, while White only hit 1000 yards once, in the weak PAC 12.
Both backs even weigh 214 pounds. Basically the exact same back going to TB.

You must be that guy that knew everyone who was gonna be a bust. I'm sure you called Terrance Marshall, Trey Sermon, N'Keal Harry, Corey Davis, CEH, Zach Moss, I'm sure that every call you ever made was 100% accurate. :roll:
Terrace Marshall no—I gave him the benefit of the doubt despite questions on his production due to his WR room and it was a mistake

Trey Sermon—yeah anyone who was remotely informed knew he sucked lol

Nkeal Harry—I trusted the analytics and had him WR1 despite some reservations and was obviously wrong; at least I punted after his rookie year

Corey Davis—I liked him not loved (WR1-2 in that class) but even a year ago I was saying he could still hit—tbh I still think he’s a decent depth buy

CEH—was a fine prospect who got bumped way beyond where he should have been—think I had him RB2-3 behind JT but I punished Swift too much for the Lions spot

Zack Moss—never thought he was special but probably turned out a bit worse than expected

Any other questions?

Doesn’t change that Keshawn Vaughn was the most obvious trap until Sermon

Total and complete bum in every sense of the word

Don’t care about his plodding bleep running over guys 4 years younger than him. He turned out the way anyone remotely informed knew he would

None of your laughing will make Vaughn a good football player

Now a 20% target share in college? Yeah that would have done it

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon May 23, 2022 5:54 am

Vaughn was an ok prospect who was catapulted up draft boards because... I can't even remember why people fell in love with him lol but it felt obvious to me that he was being overdrafted. Similar situation with Sermon and it looks like James Cook is that guy this year flying up boards. Although, Cook is a bit different than the other 2.

I still don't know what Vaughn has to do with Rachaad White though. Pretty much the only similarities are 3rd round capital to TB and that they transferred to a better school. I don't see the comp at all

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon May 23, 2022 9:36 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:54 am Vaughn was an ok prospect who was catapulted up draft boards because... I can't even remember why people fell in love with him lol but it felt obvious to me that he was being overdrafted. Similar situation with Sermon and it looks like James Cook is that guy this year flying up boards. Although, Cook is a bit different than the other 2.

I still don't know what Vaughn has to do with Rachaad White though. Pretty much the only similarities are 3rd round capital to TB and that they transferred to a better school. I don't see the comp at all
The case for Vaughn was literally.. Rojo sucks, Tom Brady's RB, 3rd RD draft capital. :lol:

I don't know why anyone is trying to equate the two other than extremely lazy analysis.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon May 23, 2022 10:02 am

Sriracha wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:36 am
Jigga94 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:54 am Vaughn was an ok prospect who was catapulted up draft boards because... I can't even remember why people fell in love with him lol but it felt obvious to me that he was being overdrafted. Similar situation with Sermon and it looks like James Cook is that guy this year flying up boards. Although, Cook is a bit different than the other 2.

The case for Vaughn was literally.. Rojo sucks, Tom Brady's RB, 3rd RD draft capital. :lol:

I don't know why anyone is trying to equate the two other than extremely lazy analysis.
Me either... Back to Rachaad...

I'm not saying he will produce immediately of course, but I think he's the RB3 in this class. Time will tell and it will probably come down to opportunity for any of the RB in this class not named Hall or Walker.

Nitpicking his pass blocking and situation are fine to do, but those can change. Honestly, I think it's a good sign that people are most worried about him pass blocking for TB or Lenny and Gio being in the backfield. I dont think hes going to be asked to pass block much and the other RB arent getting any younger. Gio is gone next year and LFs contract goes up a bit and he will be 28.

There's also 100 carries vacated from RoJo. I would think that LF will absorb most of those, while ceding some of his receiving work from last season. There's also questions around the other pass catchers not named Evans. Godwin coming off injury, AB gone, Gronk maybe done this time. That's about 100 receptions between the last 2.

Just saying there's room for opportunities in this offense and we've seen Brady support pass catching RB in the past that otherwise had no business being fantasy starters.

I think downgrading him for situation is looking at it from a short term perspective. His concerns could be much worse like some of the other RB.

He's going in the early-mid 2nd. I could've sworn he would be the one shooting up draft boards but thankfully BUF selected Cook.