IDP Position Changes

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: IDP Position Changes

Postby IR1 » Wed May 18, 2022 6:18 pm

TB3falcons wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:15 pm
meineymoe wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:29 pm
problemsolver wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:19 am What about Boye Mafe? He is currently listed as DE, but is listed on Ourlads as a SLB backing up Uchenna Nwosu who is listed as a LB on MFL.
In the 4th round of a rookie draft, and noticed the same thing. Want to add a d-lineman because of my veteran starters who are now linebackers, but afraid to add Mafe in case they change him to linebacker before the season.
Ugh.
-oo-
Strong rumors Seahawks will be utilizing a 3-4 base this season.
So Taylor could end up as LB? That would go along with Hunter, Bosa, and Phillips for me
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Ski mask ready
Starter
Starter

Postby Ski mask ready » Fri May 20, 2022 12:02 pm

these position changes have been a huge point of contention in 3 leagues I run that are IDP equal to offensive players. You can argue so many position changes, how guys are used etc. For me, the point is that the players NFL teams have changed their position period. I know that screws up so many peoples defenses but its legitimate scheme changes that teams make and as fantasy players I'm just telling my leagues we're sticking to what their nfl team has them designated as so we don't open a can of worms by moving around players to "true positions" or whatever you want to call it. I'm the owner of several new lbs that totally screw my defensive line, so I'm not one of the lucky ones that can say "deal with it" cause its affected my teams too. Especially a rebuild team that just had 16 picks in the first 3 rounds, heavy IDP..... Most of those guys are completely different positions then what I drafted them as. Just adding my 2 cents to the thread. Anyone looking for late round sleepers will have many options at LB this yr
Team 1: 12 Team PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"
https://www43.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =07&F=0001

Team 2: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Team 3: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu May 26, 2022 9:52 am

Ski mask ready wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:02 pm these position changes have been a huge point of contention in 3 leagues I run that are IDP equal top offensive players. You can argue so many position changes, how guys are used etc. ...
I tend to lean this way as well though we are going to try the pluggin next season in one IDP only league I run.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:58 am

These 50 bazillion DEs that got relabeled LBs seem to have taken a virtually universal value hit. Several questions here-
1- Assuming the position change reflects actual usage changes (beyond a simple scheme change), is it reasonable to expect they experience a drop in 2022 production compared to 2021?
2- What are their prospects for returning to DE eligibility? Is it safest to assume that won't happen before 2023, and anything sooner is a bonus?
3- With this drop in value (and potential drop in production), do they become buy lows? Which ones would you consider going after, either for the production this year or for the future?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:54 am

Well Reddick I would think goes back to DE at some point… they still run a 4-3 right? Barnett, Sweat, and Graham are all listed as DEs on MFL.

Otherwise, I’d say petition your league to up sack scoring so that a great OLB like Harold Landry is still a stud.

Trust me, if you get 8-10 pts for a sack, Azeez Ojulari and Jaelen Phillips are still immensely valuable.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:46 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:58 am These 50 bazillion DEs that got relabeled LBs seem to have taken a virtually universal value hit. Several questions here-
1- Assuming the position change reflects actual usage changes (beyond a simple scheme change), is it reasonable to expect they experience a drop in 2022 production compared to 2021?
2- What are their prospects for returning to DE eligibility? Is it safest to assume that won't happen before 2023, and anything sooner is a bonus?
3- With this drop in value (and potential drop in production), do they become buy lows? Which ones would you consider going after, either for the production this year or for the future?
1 - very few of these if any ate actual usage changes. There are very few instances of actual usage changes between these positions and the ones I can think of didn't lead to mfl position changes. Hassan Reddick is the big one that comes to mind, went to off ball LB, then moved to rush lb but was still designated lb, didn't change designation until he changed teams. Clay Matthew's did some back and forth but stayed at lb.
2 - most of them won't return until either they switch teams or the teams switch coaching staffs so 2023 would be best case scenario.
3 - they become a buy low if you can guess right which ones will move to a team that designates edge rushers as DE or if you can guess which teams will hire such a coach
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:57 am

Ski mask ready wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:02 pm these position changes have been a huge point of contention in 3 leagues I run that are IDP equal to offensive players. You can argue so many position changes, how guys are used etc. For me, the point is that the players NFL teams have changed their position period. I know that screws up so many peoples defenses but its legitimate scheme changes that teams make and as fantasy players I'm just telling my leagues we're sticking to what their nfl team has them designated as so we don't open a can of worms by moving around players to "true positions" or whatever you want to call it. I'm the owner of several new lbs that totally screw my defensive line, so I'm not one of the lucky ones that can say "deal with it" cause its affected my teams too. Especially a rebuild team that just had 16 picks in the first 3 rounds, heavy IDP..... Most of those guys are completely different positions then what I drafted them as. Just adding my 2 cents to the thread. Anyone looking for late round sleepers will have many options at LB this yr
But have their positions really changed or is it the way we group multiple positions does not really match reality? There are basically 5 groups of players here (yes, I know we could split them more separating off ball into middle LBs, 4-3 will lbs, 4-3 Sam lbs and then splitting up strong and weak side in the other groups, splitting DTs into 3 techs, 1 techs, nose tackles, etc. But for simplicity let's stick to 5)

There are off ball LBs, rush lbs, 4-3 DEs, 3-4 DEs, and DTs. We split then into the first 2 (off ball and rush lbs), the next 2, (4-3 DEs, 3-4 DEs) amd the last one because the names among those groups are more similar. I am saying we should split them differently, the first group by themselves, then the next 2 (rush lbs and 4-3 DEs), and then the last 2 (3-4 DEs and DTs) because although the names aren't as similar the positions themselves are.
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:19 am

Will there be another round of positions changes before the start of the season or are positions pretty much locked in at this point? (T Walker is currently listed as DE & I'm hoping that stays that way)

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:32 am

Scheme matters a lot in IDP.

We score DE/DT at 3 tackle and 1.5 assist
We score LB's 2/1.

A 3/4 Edge LB definitely will get more tackles based on scheme than a typical 4/3 hand in the dirt DE. It is what it is and yes it is frustrating.

Hoping MFL adds an Edge position category some day.

BTW, if you are using MFL you can change positions at a commish level. MFL doesn't always get it right.

In our a league and owner or anyone can file a complaint and we will review The NFL official player designation and provide a two week notice to the team of a position switch in season since we are a cap and contact year league.

Bottom line, we do not let the Website control the outcome since MFL provides the flexibility for the Commish to make changes.

Basically in our league we don't draft 3/4 edge players very high because while they would be great being scored as a DE but as a LB they won't compete with MLB's because the sacks are not consistent enough to make up for a 10 tackle per game MLB or WLB.

No easy solution but there is some commish control if needed.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:14 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:19 am Will there be another round of positions changes before the start of the season or are positions pretty much locked in at this point? (T Walker is currently listed as DE & I'm hoping that stays that way)
Unfortunately for you he is already listed as a LB on the Jags site and the coached affirmed they are going to a 3/4 scheme. MFL should re-class him.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

yellowdart2448
Starter
Starter

Postby yellowdart2448 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:03 am

I wish common sense would be used here instead of how players are listed on a depth chart. Like some sites list TJ Watt was a LB instead of DL. In what universe would Watt be considered a true LB? Same with Hunter. It's a shame these sites feel the need to follow instead of lead. Might as well put Gesicki at WR.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:39 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:19 am Will there be another round of positions changes before the start of the season or are positions pretty much locked in at this point? (T Walker is currently listed as DE & I'm hoping that stays that way)
Another batch of changes, coincidentally on the 5th.

ARI: Jessie Lemonier from DE to LB
ARI: Kingsley Keke from DE to DT
ATL: Marlon Davidson from DT to DE
ATL: Ta'Quon Graham from DT to DE
BAL: Brent Urban from DT to DE
BAL: Steven Means from DE to LB
DEN: Kendall Hinton from QB to WR
DEN: DeShawn Williams from DT to DE
DET: Devin Funchess from WR to TE
LAC: Christian Covington from DE to DT
LAR: Jacob Harris from TE to WR
LVR: Malcolm Koonce from DE to LB
LVR: Matthew Butler from DT to DE
NYG: Jalyn Holmes from DT to DE
PHI: JJ Arcega-Whiteside from WR to TE
PIT: Larry Ogunjobi from DT to DE
TB : Akiem Hicks from DT to DE

Lots of DE/DT changes, but I was keeping an eye on Harris as a potential big play receiving threat at TE. Sad that got killed.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:16 am

Raiders moved back to a 4-3 base setup on MFL. Good news for Maxx Crosby and Chandler Jones owners.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:50 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:16 am Raiders moved back to a 4-3 base setup on MFL. Good news for Maxx Crosby and Chandler Jones owners.
That's awesome thanks for the heads up.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:31 am

"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland