Drake London vs. Christian Watson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: Drake London vs. Christian Watson

Postby CGW » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:59 am

Wait a second...it's week 12, did Christian Watson just wake up??

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:01 am

Lumps wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:49 am
ThirdWW wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:24 am
Ice wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:04 am The Myth that QB's don't matter is just that. They do, even more so than horrid O line play.

Both of these WR's like several others are heavily impacted by lousy QB Play. People can argue who is better or worse all day and either position is skewed by the limitations of the current situations they find themselves in.

The Steelers and Jets WR's have entered the room.
100%… but none of them have to play under Arther Smith
Arthur Sith*

Now that is foooooking the best!
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:02 am

TheTroll wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:01 am
Lumps wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:49 am
ThirdWW wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:24 am

100%… but none of them have to play under Arther Smith
Arthur Sith*

Now that is foooooking the best!
Courtesy of Fantasy Footballers

Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Two Cents » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:01 pm

TheTroll wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:28 am
Ice wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:04 am The Myth that QB's don't matter is just that. They do, even more so than horrid O line play.

Both of these WR's like several others are heavily impacted by lousy QB Play. People can argue who is better or worse all day and either position is skewed by the limitations of the current situations they find themselves in.

The Steelers and Jets WR's have entered the room.
completely and unequivocally agree. True talent gets wasted based on the team and scheme they are on (includes QB).
Saving these receipts for when we evaluate rookies during the rookie drafts. :lol:
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
QB (1) Mayfield, Mac Jones, Garrapollo, Darnold, Dobbs
RB (2) Kyren Williams, Rachaad White, AJ Dillon, Gibson, K. Mitchell, Perine, CEH, Akers, Dowdle
WR (3) Collins, Palmer, Meyers, Chark, Boyd, Juju
TE (2) Laporta, Kmet , Schultz, J. Johnson, Fant, Dulcich
FLEX (3) Montgomery, Njoku, Brian Robinson
SF (1) Minshew

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:13 am

Ahhh , thee old “ situation vs talent “ debate.😏

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:03 am

cazzie33 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:13 am Ahhh , thee old “ situation vs talent “ debate.😏
Don't forget about age. London could go off and backpack Europe for 2 years and come back, and be the same age Watson is right now. Maybe they'll have a QB by then!
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:55 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:03 am
cazzie33 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:13 am Ahhh , thee old “ situation vs talent “ debate.😏
Don't forget about age. London could go off and backpack Europe for 2 years and come back, and be the same age Watson is right now. Maybe they'll have a QB by then!
If Arthur Smith allowed him to go backpacking in Europe, he would buy him a ticket to Dollywood instead. Once again misuse
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:06 am

Ahh , thee old “rookie age” debate

I give it only the slightest of consideration. You only get about 5 years of peak performance before wear & tear or organization just moving on to the next shiny object takes effect. Being 24-28 yrs old vs 22-26 doesn’t move my needle enough to sway me.

Doubt we’d be having any debate if A-a-ron had stayed but that’s a part of the situation vs talent consideration/ gamble. Neither has a rock solid QBs room & both have been dinged up early career. Love shows more promise than RIDDER but highly doubt Ridder is the long term guy so jury is out.

Meanwhile the first two years of both have been mostly wasted opportunity due to Watson injuries and Drake the Magician disappearing act because of poor coaching scheme wasting him & Pitts as major weapons. Now Watson has two young teammates establishing rapport w/ Love that limits his looks. Getting used as the deep threat mostly instead of becoming the intermediate alpha dog also in the passing game. Hard to get the 8-10 targets each week. London on the other hand seems to be that guy (when healthy) who will get the benefit of being the clear #1 on his team. Question is “Does it matter when your QBs are so inaccurate and your HC runs an offense from the 1950’s ? “

London being younger hasn’t been too helpful in avoiding the nagging injury bug either. Came into draft injured and has missed multiple games / time since taking the beating big bodied guys take especially with inexperienced QBs hanging them out in dangerous situations.

Flip of the coin still which I’d rather have. London more polished but Watson more explosive & big play capability. Holding out for an Arthur Smith firing will be tough if they win their division in spite of him. So guess I’m still pro-Watson hopefully getting healthier and growing with Love as Green Bay moves on from the A. Jones era into a more pass centric offense to control the ball. Although Lafleur isn’t some offensive pass genius either still way better one Arthur Smith

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:29 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:06 am
Ahh , thee old “rookie age” debate

I give it only the slightest of consideration. You only get about 5 years of peak performance before wear & tear or organization just moving on to the next shiny object takes effect. Being 24-28 yrs old vs 22-26 doesn’t move my needle enough to sway me.

Doubt we’d be having any debate if A-a-ron had stayed but that’s a part of the situation vs talent consideration/ gamble. Neither has a rock solid QBs room & both have been dinged up early career. Love shows more promise than RIDDER but highly doubt Ridder is the long term guy so jury is out.

Meanwhile the first two years of both have been mostly wasted opportunity due to Watson injuries and Drake the Magician disappearing act because of poor coaching scheme wasting him & Pitts as major weapons. Now Watson has two young teammates establishing rapport w/ Love that limits his looks. Getting used as the deep threat mostly instead of becoming the intermediate alpha dog also in the passing game. Hard to get the 8-10 targets each week. London on the other hand seems to be that guy (when healthy) who will get the benefit of being the clear #1 on his team. Question is “Does it matter when your QBs are so inaccurate and your HC runs an offense from the 1950’s ? “

London being younger hasn’t been too helpful in avoiding the nagging injury bug either. Came into draft injured and has missed multiple games / time since taking the beating big bodied guys take especially with inexperienced QBs hanging them out in dangerous situations.

Flip of the coin still which I’d rather have. London more polished but Watson more explosive & big play capability. Holding out for an Arthur Smith firing will be tough if they win their division in spite of him. So guess I’m still pro-Watson hopefully getting healthier and growing with Love as Green Bay moves on from the A. Jones era into a more pass centric offense to control the ball. Although Lafleur isn’t some offensive pass genius either still way better one Arthur Smith
The reality is Watson will most likely be more athletic at 35 than London is today.

Doesn’t mean he will be better but age between these too is completely irrelevant.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:28 pm

I'm surprised the prevailing wisdom here is that their QB situation is remotely similar.

Watson and Love haven't been able to connect but I chalk that up to Watson needing to get healthy and stay on the practice field to build some rapport with Love.

We just saw a mini breakout game that could've been a lot bigger if not for a very iffy "incidental" contact non-call by a DB that fell down onto Watson's legs after getting burned on a deep crosser and on another play where the O-line couldn't buy quite enough time for Love to throw a better ball on another deep shot that Watson would've scored an easy TD on.

London is a more complete receiver but his QB question marks loom large where as GB at least has a functional QB with upside and Watson is still scratching the surface on his upside. Listening to GB's pressers you can tell that both Love and LaFleur where challenging him to be more aggressive when the ball is in the air and he delivered in a big way this game. If he can carry that mentality over into the rest of his games he might just go on another tear to end the season :lol:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:37 am

Sriracha wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:28 pm I'm surprised the prevailing wisdom here is that their QB situation is remotely similar.

Watson and Love haven't been able to connect but I chalk that up to Watson needing to get healthy and stay on the practice field to build some rapport with Love.

We just saw a mini breakout game that could've been a lot bigger if not for a very iffy "incidental" contact non-call by a DB that fell down onto Watson's legs after getting burned on a deep crosser and on another play where the O-line couldn't buy quite enough time for Love to throw a better ball on another deep shot that Watson would've scored an easy TD on.

London is a more complete receiver but his QB question marks loom large where as GB at least has a functional QB with upside and Watson is still scratching the surface on his upside. Listening to GB's pressers you can tell that both Love and LaFleur where challenging him to be more aggressive when the ball is in the air and he delivered in a big way this game. If he can carry that mentality over into the rest of his games he might just go on another tear to end the season :lol:
You might be seeing more of what you want to see between these two QB's than the actual facts.

Situation matters and while Love may have more upside, this year Ridder has a better completion center at 65.2% vs 60.5% for Love. Ridder also has a better yards per attempt at 7.2 vs 7.0 for Love. Love does average around 4 more passes per game so that is, in theory should better for Watson. Not sure on their motion and slot percentages to scheme them open but I would guess that is an advantage for London.

I like Watson better as a longer term breakout player for fantasy but today they both have QB and system challenges. I also think Love does have more upside but don't see star power from either QB.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:41 am

Ice wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:37 am
Sriracha wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:28 pm I'm surprised the prevailing wisdom here is that their QB situation is remotely similar.

You might be seeing more of what you want to see between these two QB's than the actual facts.

Situation matters and while Love may have more upside, this year Ridder has a better completion center at 65.2% vs 60.5% for Love. Ridder also has a better yards per attempt at 7.2 vs 7.0 for Love. Love does average around 4 more passes per game so that is, in theory should better for Watson. Not sure on their motion and slot percentages to scheme them open but I would guess that is an advantage for London.

I like Watson better as a longer term breakout player for fantasy but today they both have QB and system challenges. I also think Love does have more upside but don't see star power from either QB.
Ridder has also thrown 7 TDs, has a 38 QBR on the season a 52 PFF grade and has gotten a lot of his production by throwing to TEs and RBs close to the line of scrimmage and has an A/YPA of 5.8

Love by comparison has thrown 19 TDs has a QBR of 52.9 on the season a PFF grade of 74 and and A/YPA of 6.8

Of his 10 INTs thrown on the season, 5 of his INTs have come from targets to Watson. GB was trying to force feed the ball to Watson in multiple games early on in the year despite their lack of practice reps which actually hurt Love's overall numbers. As they've gotten more practice time their timing has gotten better and those mistakes are happening less often.

I don't think Love has been a bad QB on the year, all of his stats point to him being average at worst and he's played his best football in the past month.
Last edited by Sriracha on Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:44 am

murphysxm wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:00 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:52 am This debate is going to be fun to revisit in a couple years.
As someone below consensus on both WR's, I hope they both bust!
Way to early to even consider saying bust, but they are both performing to my expectations from back then.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:45 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:44 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:52 am This debate is going to be fun to revisit in a couple years.
Way to early to even consider saying bust, but they are both performing to my expectations from back then.
You were in on Jameson instead, right? :D

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:52 pm

mild wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:45 pm
murphysxm wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:44 am

You were in on Jameson instead, right? :D
Yeah, that eval is looking problematic.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts