Drake London vs. Christian Watson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Drake London vs. Christian Watson

Postby mild » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:27 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:02 pm And open score isn’t subjective…. It’s the exact opposite
I know what you mean by that - but then if it's so objective, then why isn't Tyreek Hill the top receiver by far? Why is he ranked below Elijah Moore? By every eyeball test, we know he's the most dangerous receiver in the game at "getting open" and beating his man. But "ESPN Open Score" would have you trading him for Elijah Moore right now... :lol:

And the reason is: because they shade coverage to him, and he's routinely beating bracket coverage with extra defenders all around him, on every snap.

Open Score doesn't tell the full story, just one part of it.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:00 pm

mild wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:27 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:02 pm And open score isn’t subjective…. It’s the exact opposite
I know what you mean by that - but then if it's so objective, then why isn't Tyreek Hill the top receiver by far? Why is he ranked below Elijah Moore? By every eyeball test, we know he's the most dangerous receiver in the game at "getting open" and beating his man. But "ESPN Open Score" would have you trading him for Elijah Moore right now... :lol:

And the reason is: because they shade coverage to him, and he's routinely beating bracket coverage with extra defenders all around him, on every snap.

Yeah. All these metrics people spew out these days, but honestly, they have their flaws. Sometimes, it's really as simple as watching guys play football. Metrics have their place, but it's obvious that Watson is a player with some warts. He's big and fast, but he doesn't use his size, all that well. I think he's a better athlete than football player, but he's still a viable option in an NFL offense, I just wouldn't want him in Fantasy.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:15 pm

And nobody is saying otherwise. You’re refuting an argument that literally zero people have made. Hard to understand why you’re wasting your time like this.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:23 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:15 pm
And nobody is saying otherwise. You’re refuting an argument that literally zero people have made. Hard to understand why you’re wasting your time like this.
You literally said Christian Watson had promising Open Scores like it was supposed to mean something...? :roll:
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:14 pm Hmm, Watson had a great open score as a rookie (73 if I remember correctly) and his open score this year is also very good (67) (23rd best in the league). Whatever you want to call it, route running or whatever, he’s getting open. Better than London, both years.
"Better than London, both years."

AND YET. :D

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:38 pm

mild wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:23 pm

You literally said Christian Watson had promising Open Scores like it was supposed to mean something...? :roll:
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:14 pm Hmm, Watson had a great open score as a rookie (73 if I remember correctly) and his open score this year is also very good (67) (23rd best in the league). Whatever you want to call it, route running or whatever, he’s getting open. Better than London, both years.

… yeah he had better open scores. Why does everyone on this board have to take things to the extreme.

What I actually said “hey his open score indicates that maybe he’s a better route runner than you claim and/or is able to get open better than you said.”

What it’s translated to in DLF forum bozo language
“Hey his open score is higher therefore he’s an elite route runner and clearly a bette receiver than London”

Like please, when did everyone lose their goddamn mind and not use common sense

Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Two Cents » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:29 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:38 pm

… yeah he had better open scores. Why does everyone on this board have to take things to the extreme.

What I actually said “hey his open score indicates that maybe he’s a better route runner than you claim and/or is able to get open better than you said.”

“Hey his open score is higher therefore he’s an elite route runner and clearly a bette receiver than London”

Not sure if you noticed, but some people (no names in particular :roll: ) like to shape conversations so they can score a point….. maddening, I know.
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
QB (1) Mayfield, Mac Jones, Garrapollo, Darnold, Dobbs
RB (2) Kyren Williams, Rachaad White, AJ Dillon, Gibson, K. Mitchell, Perine, CEH, Akers, Dowdle
WR (3) Collins, Palmer, Meyers, Chark, Boyd, Juju
TE (2) Laporta, Kmet , Schultz, J. Johnson, Fant, Dulcich
FLEX (3) Montgomery, Njoku, Brian Robinson
SF (1) Minshew

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:27 am

Two Cents wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:29 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:38 pm

Not sure if you noticed, but some people (no names in particular :roll: ) like to shape conversations so they can score a point….. maddening, I know.
Yup. I wonder who's tracking all the internet points. I wonder if ESPN has a metric for that too

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:42 am

10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:40 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:38 pm … yeah he had better open scores. Why does everyone on this board have to take things to the extreme.

Hey hey, no need to get religious.

All I've maintained all along is that Drake London is the better receiver.

You pointed to the Open Score being higher for Watson than London.

I told you why that score is kind of shitty. You agreed!

Still keen to hear from the people that thought Drake London was just a fancy TE though. Always enjoyed that take.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:46 pm

mild wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:40 pmAll I've maintained all along is that Drake London is the better receiver.

You pointed to the Open Score being higher for Watson than London.
I think we can all agree both Watson and London have been major disappointments to fantasy managers. At this point, we're arguing which high school dropout is smarter than the other.

No one is betting on either of these guys to be WR1s any more. At best, we're hoping they can be consistent low-end WR2s, and I'm beginning to doubt either can become even that.

Personally, I give the edge to London, but it's a dull edge.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:09 pm

Anteaters wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:46 pm I think we can all agree both Watson and London have been major disappointments to fantasy managers. At this point, we're arguing which high school dropout is smarter than the other.

No one is betting on either of these guys to be WR1s any more. At best, we're hoping they can be consistent low-end WR2s, and I'm beginning to doubt either can become even that.

Personally, I give the edge to London, but it's a dull edge.
I'd disagree, and say that there can be levels to the disappointment.

One guy has at least shown he can be the #1 receiver on a bad offense, has stayed healthy, and has looked like a go-to guy in leverage situations. I don't think any Drake owners are panicking yet, and all of them would be interested in seeing what might happen if the Falcons ever manage that elusive "QB upgrade".

Certainly for those that were convinced he'd bust, Drake has proven otherwise.

KTC grain of salt - but according to them, Drake is still worth a Late 1st, and Watson is worth a Mid 2nd.

Which one of those would you sooner pay? It's an interesting exercise...

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:04 am

The Myth that QB's don't matter is just that. They do, even more so than horrid O line play.

Both of these WR's like several others are heavily impacted by lousy QB Play. People can argue who is better or worse all day and either position is skewed by the limitations of the current situations they find themselves in.

The Steelers and Jets WR's have entered the room.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ThirdWW
Captain
Captain

Postby ThirdWW » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:24 am

Ice wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:04 am The Myth that QB's don't matter is just that. They do, even more so than horrid O line play.

Both of these WR's like several others are heavily impacted by lousy QB Play. People can argue who is better or worse all day and either position is skewed by the limitations of the current situations they find themselves in.

100%… but none of them have to play under Arther Smith
Team One:
Year 12
12 team, .5 ppr
QB 2RB 3WR TE FLEX K DL LB DB

QB - CJ Stroud
RB - Tank Bigsby, Sean Tucker, Chris Rodriguez, cans
WR - Garrett Wilson, Drake London, JSN, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas, Elijah Moore
TE - Kyle Pitts, Cade Otton, Chig Okonkwo

2024 Picks: 1.1, 1.2, 1.9, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.2, 3.7, 4.1
2025 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4

Team Two:
Year 2
12 team, .5 ppr, SF
QB SF 2RB 3WR TE 2FLEX K

QB - Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones
RB - Roschon Johnson, Kendre Miller, streaming
WR - Amon-Ra St. Brown, Chris Olave, Jaylen Waddle, Jordan Addison, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas, Elijah Moore, Wan’Dale Robinson
TE - Kyle Pitts, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Chig

2024 Picks: 1.08, 1.12, 4.1, 4.11
2025 Picks 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:28 am

Ice wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:04 am The Myth that QB's don't matter is just that. They do, even more so than horrid O line play.

completely and unequivocally agree. True talent gets wasted based on the team and scheme they are on (includes QB).
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:49 am

ThirdWW wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:24 am

100%… but none of them have to play under Arther Smith
Arthur Sith*