Captain
Captain

Re: Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

Postby 81- » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:41 pm

TheTroll wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:22 pm
81- wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:13 am
tstafford wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 am

For once I agree with you.

And I'm shocked that you didn't somehow blame this mock on Ryan Day.
:lol:

Let's see...... Gotta be something there. I'm not sure what, but I'm sure it involves choking
LOL. The only dream better would be Green Bay falling into well.....Green Bay!
That wouldn't be the worst thing. Green Bay is a dump.
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:50 pm

81- wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:41 pm
81- wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:13 am
:lol:

Let's see...... Gotta be something there. I'm not sure what, but I'm sure it involves choking
Green Bay is great. Plenty of bars, people are downright friendly, nearby Door County is beautiful. Plenty of nearby lakefront during the summer and great snowmobiling during the winter. Way better than living in the 3rd world ****holes that some of our biggest cities have become.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:16 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:50 pm
81- wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:41 pm

Green Bay is great. Plenty of bars, people are downright friendly, nearby Door County is beautiful. Plenty of nearby lakefront during the summer and great snowmobiling during the winter. Way better than living in the 3rd world ****holes that some of our biggest cities have become.
I'll agree to disagree on Green Bay.
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:59 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:35 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:42 pm Any thoughts on Guerendo? He blew up at the combine. I'm seeing him going undrafted in ADP/mocks.
The speed is real. Saw plenty of him at Wisconsin but he never got enough work buried behind Taylor and then Allen. When he came in there wasn’t much of a dropoff in the O. 6’-0” and 220 lbs, he’s a power back and unfortunately he doesn’t create much for himself, because if he had some shake to go with that size and speed he’d be one of the top, if not the top, RBs in this draft. Solid footwork, solid balance, runs with good pad height and lean. If he gets down hill no one will track him down from behind.

Like Allen, before last year he did not run decisively often enough and I think he got tagged as not having burst because of it. Like Allen, he ran with much better commitment and decisiveness last season and looked much better doing it. He’s a good (not great) receiver out of the backfield and he’s a good pass protector, so he has a 3 down skill set. He’s going to be 24 at the start of his rookie season, but with his diminished college workload he has plenty of tread on the tires.

He could be this year’s Pacheco - he’ll be more of a hammer early on, but with his size and athleticism if he learns a bit more in refining his game he could be a real surprise as his career moves forward.
Thanks!
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:26 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:59 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:42 pm Any thoughts on Guerendo? He blew up at the combine. I'm seeing him going undrafted in ADP/mocks.
The speed is real. Saw plenty of him at Wisconsin but he never got enough work buried behind Taylor and then Allen. When he came in there wasn’t much of a dropoff in the O. 6’-0” and 220 lbs, he’s a power back and unfortunately he doesn’t create much for himself, because if he had some shake to go with that size and speed he’d be one of the top, if not the top, RBs in this draft. Solid footwork, solid balance, runs with good pad height and lean. If he gets down hill no one will track him down from behind.

Like Allen, before last year he did not run decisively often enough and I think he got tagged as not having burst because of it. Like Allen, he ran with much better commitment and decisiveness last season and looked much better doing it. He’s a good (not great) receiver out of the backfield and he’s a good pass protector, so he has a 3 down skill set. He’s going to be 24 at the start of his rookie season, but with his diminished college workload he has plenty of tread on the tires.

He could be this year’s Pacheco - he’ll be more of a hammer early on, but with his size and athleticism if he learns a bit more in refining his game he could be a real surprise as his career moves forward.
Thanks!
To be clear, this guy is no threat to be a FF RB1. He’s a great pick late in drafts to see if he can start off as a short yardage/goal line/pass protecting RB who you hope can work his way into 6-8 touches a game and the see how his career ages from there.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:52 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:26 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:59 pm

Thanks!
To be clear, this guy is no threat to be a FF RB1. He’s a great pick late in drafts to see if he can start off as a short yardage/goal line/pass protecting RB who you hope can work his way into 6-8 touches a game and the see how his career ages from there.
Yep. Just trying to see if he's worth a fourth round flier.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:59 am

Nabers ran a reported 4.34 at the LSU pro day

Further confirms to me that hes still my WR1

Edit he also has a
• Vertical jump: 42"
• Broad jump: 10'9"
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:10 pm

DJB wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:59 am Nabers ran a reported 4.34 at the LSU pro day

Edit he also has a
Even slightly adjusted for pro day BS, that's damn fast.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:13 pm

DJB wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:59 am Nabers ran a reported 4.34 at the LSU pro day

Edit he also has a
Whew. The 4.34 is probably nonsense but even 4.44 would be excellent. Must preface by saying I have no watched any MHJ film, but it would be awfully hard to put him over Nabers given that MHJ dodged everything possible. Doesn't mean MHJ isn't good, or even really good, but like I said before, there have been players with excellent tape, but the difference between a guy like Mike Williams and a guy like Julio Jones is athleticism, not talent, in my opinion.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:43 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:13 pm

Edit he also has a
Whew. The 4.34 is probably nonsense but even 4.44 would be excellent. Must preface by saying I have no watched any MHJ film, but it would be awfully hard to put him over Nabers given that MHJ dodged everything possible. Doesn't mean MHJ isn't good, or even really good, but like I said before, there have been players with excellent tape, but the difference between a guy like Mike Williams and a guy like Julio Jones is athleticism, not talent, in my opinion.
Not that Williams was a bad prospect or something, but I just don't ever remember him looking like Harrison or being talked about as a similar level of prospect. He's been marked as the favorite to be the first non QB off the board for two straight years and we've seen nothing to make us question that.

Granted, tape isn't everything, but some players are just so plainly elite that you don't even second guess it because of a lack of testing.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:01 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:43 pm

Edit he also has a
Not that Williams was a bad prospect or something, but I just don't ever remember him looking like Harrison or being talked about as a similar level of prospect. He's been marked as the favorite to be the first non QB off the board for two straight years and we've seen nothing to make us question that.

Granted, tape isn't everything, but some players are just so plainly elite that you don't even second guess it because of a lack of testing.
Yeah, all fair. If he had the juice, he’d probably want to show it off though. Chase had nothing to gain either but still showed it off.

Or, maybe not. Maybe he just doesn’t give a crap. Very possible. I’m just saying, Nabers is an electric player. And now he’s backed it up. Why not go with the surer thing. Just my opinion anyway

Edit: here’s another hot take. I’d take Odunze over MHJ as well.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:06 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:01 pm

Yeah, all fair. If he had the juice, he’d probably want to show it off though. Chase had nothing to gain either but still showed it off.

Or, maybe not. Maybe he just doesn’t give a crap. Very possible. I’m just saying, Nabers is an electric player. And now he’s backed it up. Why not go with the surer thing. Just my opinion anyway
I would tend to agree. The only thing that gives me pause is the report that he asked teams that could draft him if they needed to see anything and they said no. In some ways it's different than in the past with GPS tracking and all that stuff. But, there is still a chance as you say.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:47 pm

Is it purely because of testing?

Fair point on Chase, but Harrison literally has nothing to gain. He's widely expected to be the first non QB off the board at 4. Sure, he could test and blow people away, but what changes? His odds of living up to his potential are not changing.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:06 pm

Maybe not the place for it, but I've been thinking that analytical/statistical modeling of incoming rookies may become increasingly difficult to do in the future. For the top draft eligible players, they've already been informed by NFL scouting departments what kind of draft grade they're sitting on prior to declaring. It's why some athletes decide to return to school versus coming out early if they don't like what they're hearing.

And, if you know you're already highly thought of what do you have to gain by participating in the combine/pro days? You can prove you're worth the evaluation you've already been given, or have a bad day and sow a little doubt. If this trend of non-participation by top athletes continues, or becomes more commonplace, where does the analytic information on these players come from?
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:18 pm

I get that MHJR not testing is frustrating. But if the NFL doesn't care (as evidenced by his actual draft capital) then I'd argue we shouldn't either. If he drops, then I'm with you.