Expectations in Tebow town.

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Expectations in Tebow town.

Postby bigcsr67 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:54 pm

With Tim Tebow taking over in denver now, what are some of your guys thoughts on how he will effect the other fantasy relevant players on that squad. Who will he hurt, who will he help? I am curious because I have no idea who will either emerge or maintain their status. I hear how he will hurt decker, and lloyd and mcgahee, but he has to help someone, right?

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Expectations in Tebow town.

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:14 pm

I think he hurts everyone. Very inaccurate, Lloyd will have to make even more circus catches, an he will take away goal line TD's and rushing yards from Moreno/McGahee. He tends to look deep for a bigger play more often than Orton did so perhaps he helps the WR's in a fluky, week to week sort of way.
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:38 am

Tebow hurts everyone else, but J.Fox. J.Fox gets to select his own QB if Tebow bombs and doesn't have to listen to the fans chant for Tebow... well.... they might still chant for Tebow, but at least there would be no reason to put Tebow back in if he bombs the remainder of this season.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:10 am

MR ROURKE wrote:Tebow hurts everyone else, but J.Fox. J.Fox gets to select his own QB if Tebow bombs and doesn't have to listen to the fans chant for Tebow... well.... they might still chant for Tebow, but at least there would be no reason to put Tebow back in if he bombs the remainder of this season.
So you dont see any success for tebow? I think he brings alot of the same qualities Cam Newton does. I did not expect Cam to have success, and I felt the same about Tebow, but now I am starting to believe he will put up some numbers.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:57 am

bigcsr67 wrote:
MR ROURKE wrote:Tebow hurts everyone else, but J.Fox. J.Fox gets to select his own QB if Tebow bombs and doesn't have to listen to the fans chant for Tebow... well.... they might still chant for Tebow, but at least there would be no reason to put Tebow back in if he bombs the remainder of this season.
So you dont see any success for tebow? I think he brings alot of the same qualities Cam Newton does. I did not expect Cam to have success, and I felt the same about Tebow, but now I am starting to believe he will put up some numbers.
I think Cam Newton is a much better QB talent then Tebow. The only real knock I had on Cam coming out was that he didn't fully follow through on his passes, but that would be easily correctable. The knocks against Tebow are long, but include issues taking snap from center, footwork, mechanics, arm strength, and (most importantly) accuracy. The most important thing an NFL QB can have is accuracy. Accuracy trumps everything. I don't care what you arm stregth is or how good of a leader you are if you can't fit the ball into the small windows of the NFL. Chad Pennington made a living with his accuracy and not being able to throw deep outside the hash on either side. Accuracy is more important then anything and Tebow doesn't appear to be NFL QB material in that department to me. Although Tebow could have some similar traits as Newton... Tebow's accuracy issues removes him from the same conversation of being compared to these other college running QB's like Vick, Cutler (option QB in college), Tebow, or V.Young. Tebow is too reliant on his running ability and not strong enough as a passer to me, but I could always be wrong. I think that Tebow was in a perfect college system to suite his skills and had the right players around him to be successful in college. If Tebow played for another team, I don't think he would have done anywhere are well. Again, just my opinion.

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:15 pm

I like Newton more than Tebow...I like Tebow as a solid #2 QB and I envision his 'atypical' stat line to look like an early version of Michael Vick in his bad-passer days!!! I see a lot of 14 for 22 and 175 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int, 1 fumble plus 5-6 Rushes for 40-50 yards and a few TD's on the ground!!!
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:44 pm

I would agree that I see his typical production being 175-200 yards passing, 50-65 yards on the ground, 1 TD rushing/passing, 1-2 ints with some upside and some downside games. However, not sure I see him having a completion percetage of 63% (14/22). I'm not sure this will secure his future. J.Fox likes to pound the ball and have a consistant QB that can convert 3rd downs when the running game doesn't get there and stretch the field a little to keep the defense honest. Tebow will have to show the consistancy and accuracy to do this for him to remain the starter, which is where my doubt is once teams have a specific Tebow game plan.

Tebow isn't as fast or deadly as M.Vick in the open field. Tebow is a stronger runner then Vick, which could cause an issue, but NFL LB's should be able to tackle him one on one. Even M.Vick came down to earth last year after he played a few games in the Eagles system and teams learned how to scheme against him defensively. With the Falcons, teams used a spy to shadow Vick and hopefully keep him from crossing the line up scrimmage and just running free down field due to defenders having their backs turned in coverage. Doing this with Vick in the Eagles system just allowed Vick to have a ton of time to pass down field. Now in the Eagles system, defenses have learned to pressure Vick after a couple games on film last year and now all they do is pressure Vick. It takes a couple games on film for defenses to break down a QB, but once they do... it gets harder. Each opponent adds a piece that they see on film and the next opponent adds another to that piece. I see Tebow as a possible spark to the offense, but I don't see how he's special in the running game like Vick or a good enough passer to beat a defense that is taylored to stop his strengths. We shall see if Tebow can exceed my expectations.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:08 pm

Good thoughts Mr. Rourke, I agree with many of them. I have never been a Tebow believer, but he is intriguing to me. His inaccuracies will be his down fall, but we have only seen a small sample of what he can bring to the table as the Broncos QB. I am more interested to see how his play will mesh with the skill guys they have. I can see him having a similar effect to the denver rbs that Newton has had on the carolina rbs, and thats not good. Who is going to be Tebows favorite target??? Lloyd, Decker, Royal......Thomas perhaps? We shall see.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:44 pm

I think this is going to be laughable. I think Tebow will force Denver to draft or otherwise acquire a QB next season for the future (for real this time). We may not have seen the last of Orton this season, yet, either. It could be that bad. Watch teams super-stack the box to shut down the run in the coming weeks...
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:32 pm

Tebow may put up decent fantasy numbers, but whether or not he's the starter of the future depends on the win-loss record, not so much his numbers.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds