Brian Robinson Jr

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DynastyKing23
Role Player
Role Player

Brian Robinson Jr

Postby DynastyKing23 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:18 am

What do we make of this guy? He's obviously not in the conversation to be top 3 rb in this class but value is always in the picks from the 2nd rounds of our dynasty drafts. If you can hit on a 2nd it gives you a huge leg up on your competition IMO.

He is a little older for a rookie rb but has almost 0 tread on his tires, only 1 year a a starter as he sat behind najee and other nfl backs for 4 years. Looked really good with and impressive stat line during his 1 year starting. Has good size and power, also caught more balls in 1 year then walker did in 3. Athleticism is nothing special but not terrible either.

I think his value is going to be very dependant on his draft capital and landing spot. I havnt watched much film on him yet but he's a guy I keep coming back to for some reason as a guy that may be a steal later on in the dynasty drafts.

What's the community think? I don't see much written about him or talked about as everyone is so focused on hall, Walker, spiller, and the wrs.
12 team PPR 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 FLEX

QB- Burrow, Murray, Stafford, G Smith
RB- CMC, Taylor, Swift, Jacobs, B Hall, Gibbs, A Jones, Najee
WR- Kupp, AJB, ARSB, K Allen, Pittman, London, Puka, Dell
TE- Kelce, Hockenson, Pitts

Picks

2024 2nd, (2)3rd, 5th
2025 1st, (2)3rd, 5th
2025 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Brian Robinson Jr

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:54 am

I like him more than Spiller and the current flavor of the moment risers White and Pierce. HE’s a no-nonsense N/S runner who has enough speed to run stretch plays and toss sweeps. Great size/speed combination at 6’-2 & 225 lbs with a 106.9 speed score. Changes directions easily though you won’t see him string moves together, and generates missed tackles. Sees holes well and has the patience to wait for his seam and then get into it when it opens. He doesn’t have deep speed but is functional when he gets into the open field. He is a decent receiver and is a legit 3 down RB. I’d love to see him in a 1 cut zone blocking scheme.

He’s too far under the radar right now IMO and there is a legitimate chance he could be drafted in Rd 2 of FF drafts. I think he could be a better pro than he was as a college back - his game fits the NFL well and light pass attack Ds are going to have fits trying to tackle him before he gets meaningful yds.

DynastyKing23
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyKing23 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:55 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:54 am I like him more than Spiller and the current flavor of the moment risers White and Pierce. HE’s a no-nonsense N/S runner who has enough speed to run stretch plays and toss sweeps. Great size/speed combination at 6’-2 & 225 lbs with a 106.9 speed score. Changes directions easily though you won’t see him string moves together, and generates missed tackles. Sees holes well and has the patience to wait for his seam and then get into it when it opens. He doesn’t have deep speed but is functional when he gets into the open field. He is a decent receiver and is a legit 3 down RB. I’d love to see him in a 1 cut zone blocking scheme.

He’s too far under the radar right now IMO and there is a legitimate chance he could be drafted in Rd 2 of FF drafts. I think he could be a better pro than he was as a college back - his game fits the NFL well and light pass attack Ds are going to have fits trying to tackle him before he gets meaningful yds.
I think most would prefer spiller only due to age and precombine hype. I'm hoping he gets a decent spot and a late 2nd or early 3rd round capital. I own 2.03 and hope he stays under the radar of my leaguemates.
12 team PPR 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 FLEX

QB- Burrow, Murray, Stafford, G Smith
RB- CMC, Taylor, Swift, Jacobs, B Hall, Gibbs, A Jones, Najee
WR- Kupp, AJB, ARSB, K Allen, Pittman, London, Puka, Dell
TE- Kelce, Hockenson, Pitts

Picks

2024 2nd, (2)3rd, 5th
2025 1st, (2)3rd, 5th
2025 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:08 pm

I think he's already looking like the RB4-6 off the board in most fantasy drafts. Not sure he's really flying under the radar.

That said, I think I still prefer Spiller slightly. Spiller is much younger and Robinson didnt have much production until his 5th season. Are there many RB that succeed after getting drafted at 23 and only have 1 solid year of production that late into their college career? I get he was behind Najee, but still.

Spiller isn't some perfect prospect either of course. His testing is a huge red flag and I doubt I'll be in a position to draft him because I think people still draft him mid-late 1st

Draft capital and situation will be huge for each guy though

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:36 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:08 pm I think he's already looking like the RB4-6 off the board in most fantasy drafts. Not sure he's really flying under the radar.

That said, I think I still prefer Spiller slightly. Spiller is much younger and Robinson didnt have much production until his 5th season. Are there many RB that succeed after getting drafted at 23 and only have 1 solid year of production that late into their college career? I get he was behind Najee, but still.

Spiller isn't some perfect prospect either of course. His testing is a huge red flag and I doubt I'll be in a position to draft him because I think people still draft him mid-late 1st

Hey that's one more year of production than josh Jacobs

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:02 pm

Personally: I think he sucks

Trey Sermon all over again if he goes round 3

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:02 pm

Robinson has very real documented limitations in his tape and his measurables. This is factual however it doesnt mean he wont have worth in the NFL. Landing spot will mean a lot more than the well rounded talents in the draft. I would not put him in the 2nd of a 12team but he is a worthy dart in the 3rd. The TE's and WR's are very deep and you should be grabbing them up in the 2nd because at least 1 is gonna hit.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:35 am

Robinson's 5th season never really should have happened
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:30 am

I think he's being way undervalued right now.
So he's not quite as good as Najee. I can get him in the 2nd round of rookie drafts. I'll take it.
I'm gonna to predict after the NFL draft, his stock rises.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:10 am

currently in 12t SF I have him as:

RB4 - pick 2.3 overall
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:37 am

Yarnith wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:02 pm Robinson has very real documented limitations in his tape and his measurables. This is factual however it doesnt mean he wont have worth in the NFL. Landing spot will mean a lot more than the well rounded talents in the draft. I would not put him in the 2nd of a 12team but he is a worthy dart in the 3rd. The TE's and WR's are very deep and you should be grabbing them up in the 2nd because at least 1 is gonna hit.
TE's are deep?
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:43 am

JFever wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:37 am
Yarnith wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:02 pm Robinson has very real documented limitations in his tape and his measurables. This is factual however it doesnt mean he wont have worth in the NFL. Landing spot will mean a lot more than the well rounded talents in the draft. I would not put him in the 2nd of a 12team but he is a worthy dart in the 3rd. The TE's and WR's are very deep and you should be grabbing them up in the 2nd because at least 1 is gonna hit.
TE's are deep?
TE always looks deep.. until it isn't. :lol:

As far as Robinson being underrated... I honestly just throw my hands up in the air with the non-Hall/Walker RBs in this class. There are a lot of solid Kahlil Herbert level players but landing spot and draft capital are going to dictate who moves up and down in this tier.

Personally, I like Pierre Strong's upside in a zone blocking scheme but Robinson could easily put out a Jeremy Hill season in the right landing spot.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:30 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:36 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:08 pm I think he's already looking like the RB4-6 off the board in most fantasy drafts. Not sure he's really flying under the radar.

Jacobs was 20 when he declared, though. Robinson is what, 23? I don't think anybody would argue he's a better prospect than Jacobs.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:02 pm

JFever wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:37 am
TE's are deep?
Yes they are, they have low floors but many have very high ceilings. Most are glorifed slot WR's that lineup inline which is good for potential year 1 production. Still modern TE's and theres 10 I would roster depending where they go in the NFL draft.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:46 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:30 am
Mjvb5 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:36 pm

Jacobs was 20 when he declared, though. Robinson is what, 23? I don't think anybody would argue he's a better prospect than Jacobs.
Unless a player is a stud…they’re only going to get you 2-4 years anyway. Who cares if they are 21 or 23? Because most that are good are 21? That’s definitely a bias. That’s like saying that most successful doctors get through undergrad by age 22. While true…the age has far less to do with the success and far more to do with most students getting done with college at age 18 and getting 4 year degrees.

Robinson looks destined to be a center piece of that Redskins offense. He may be going a round late right now. If he does catapult Gibson…he should be getting drafted before James Cook in my opinion.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave