2022 Rookie Battles: B. Hall vs. K. Walker III

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

2022 Rookie Battles: B. Hall vs. K. Walker III

Postby McCafsteez » Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:34 pm

New series of prospect vs. prospect pre NFL draft. Which prospect is better and why? This should help us evaluate 2022 draft picks a little more accurately pre-NFL draft.

HERE WE GO!

Breece Hall
VS
Kenneth Walker III
Last edited by McCafsteez on Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2022 Rookie Battles: B. Hall vs. K. Walker III

Postby halfbaked88 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:15 pm

Nope.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:24 pm

Hall--better athleticism (which at RB actually matters), more consistent production profile and far above all better receiving production/potential

DynastyKing23
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyKing23 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:58 pm

This is a tough one and both are head and shoulders above the rest.

Hall has multiple years of solid production, the athletic profile, and the receiving capabilities all on tape. He is by far the safest bet in this draft to produce day 1 and be a solid 3 down back on whatever team he ends up on. When you add up everything we have today you basically end up with a cant miss prospect.

Walker on the other hand is the better runner. A little smaller, but he can juke any LB or DB and break their ankles as they try and catch him. Havnt seen a guy with his shiftiness since Ray Rice, which I believe may have also been small? He has no receiving abilities on film and really only 1 solid year of production. Was this because he can't catch? Or was it because they just bulldoze everyone and didn't bother throwing to anybody even wide receivers?

I think at the end of the day with what we know and see at this moment hall is the better back. Safer pick, solid floor, and probably going to be a great back. I'd take him over najee or etn from last year. Walker is the better pure rusher and wild card. I think his ceiling may be higher then halls, but I also think he has more of a chance to bust and not live up to lofty expectations.

I own the 1.01 and barring something crazy it will be hall, not a single wr I'd take over him. On the other hand I also own the the 1.03 and am undecided if I should grab walker there if available or a wr like Wilson or burk.
12 team PPR 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 FLEX

QB- Burrow, Murray, Stafford, G Smith
RB- CMC, Taylor, Swift, Jacobs, B Hall, Gibbs, A Jones, Najee
WR- Kupp, AJB, ARSB, K Allen, Pittman, London, Puka, Dell
TE- Kelce, Hockenson, Pitts

Picks

2024 2nd, (2)3rd, 5th
2025 1st, (2)3rd, 5th
2025 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:22 pm

DynastyKing23 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:58 pm This is a tough one and both are head and shoulders above the rest.

Hall has multiple years of solid production, the athletic profile, and the receiving capabilities all on tape. He is by far the safest bet in this draft to produce day 1 and be a solid 3 down back on whatever team he ends up on. When you add up everything we have today you basically end up with a cant miss prospect.

Walker on the other hand is the better runner. A little smaller, but he can juke any LB or DB and break their ankles as they try and catch him. Havnt seen a guy with his shiftiness since Ray Rice, which I believe may have also been small? He has no receiving abilities on film and really only 1 solid year of production. Was this because he can't catch? Or was it because they just bulldoze everyone and didn't bother throwing to anybody even wide receivers?

I think at the end of the day with what we know and see at this moment hall is the better back. Safer pick, solid floor, and probably going to be a great back. I'd take him over najee or etn from last year. Walker is the better pure rusher and wild card. I think his ceiling may be higher then halls, but I also think he has more of a chance to bust and not live up to lofty expectations.

I own the 1.01 and barring something crazy it will be hall, not a single wr I'd take over him. On the other hand I also own the the 1.03 and am undecided if I should grab walker there if available or a wr like Wilson or burk.
Really solid points about both prospects. In regards to premium draft picks, I always lean RB as stud RBs will never be cheaper. Additionally top rookie RBs tend to increase in value a lot quicker than top rookie WRs meaning it’s easier to sell said RBs.

What type of land spot would Walker III have to fall into in order for him to move up ahead of Hall? Reason I’m asking is because the 1.01 can either gain or lose value after the draft depending on landing spots.
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

DynastyKing23
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyKing23 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:32 pm

McCafsteez wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:22 pm
DynastyKing23 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:58 pm This is a tough one and both are head and shoulders above the rest.

Really solid points about both prospects. In regards to premium draft picks, I always lean RB as stud RBs will never be cheaper. Additionally top rookie RBs tend to increase in value a lot quicker than top rookie WRs meaning it’s easier to sell said RBs.

What type of land spot would Walker III have to fall into in order for him to move up ahead of Hall? Reason I’m asking is because the 1.01 can either gain or lose value after the draft depending on landing spots.

Agreed which is why I lean drafting a rb over a wr unless it's an elite prospect like chase. Be better off drafting the rb and selling someone like jacobs for a 2nd year wr usually.

I'm not sure if a landing spot could make walker jump hall in my eyes. We saw that with ceh vs Taylor and swift, talent should always win out. When it comes to a profile like halls with consecutive years of 1000+ yards you basically have a prospect that has a slim to nil chance of missing. Not saying he will break out and be king henry or cmc 2.0, just that they almost never fail to at least provide a backend rb1 or rb2 career for fantasy. If walker gets 1st or 2nd round capital to a team like Buffalo, Miami, Houston, or even Carolina or AZ as Connor and cmc both struggle to stay healthy, I will put him above the burks and Wilson's unless they end up in KC with mahomes.

Picks

2024 2nd, (2)3rd, 5th
2025 1st, (2)3rd, 5th

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:14 pm

Hall. Easily, and I love Walker. He's bigger, more athletic by known measurables, and has a much better receiving profile, and you can see it watching them catch passes. Not much of a debate IMO. Hall has done it from an earlier age, and catches passes, and projects to at the next level, whereas Walker profiles as a 2 down back.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

DynastyKing23
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyKing23 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:23 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:14 pm Hall. Easily, and I love Walker. He's bigger, more athletic by known measurables, and has a much better receiving profile, and you can see it watching them catch passes. Not much of a debate IMO. Hall has done it from an earlier age, and catches passes, and projects to at the next level, whereas Walker profiles as a 2 down back.
Agreed which is why I feel hall is the safer bet and as can't miss as you can get.

How do you rank walker compared to the top wrs of this class? Does he have the hands just never had a chance to use them or do you think that'll be an area he'll struggle in on an nfl level?

Picks

2024 2nd, (2)3rd, 5th
2025 1st, (2)3rd, 5th

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:44 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:14 pm Hall. Easily, and I love Walker. He's bigger, more athletic by known measurables, and has a much better receiving profile, and you can see it watching them catch passes. Not much of a debate IMO. Hall has done it from an earlier age, and catches passes, and projects to at the next level, whereas Walker profiles as a 2 down back.
Ding ding ding.

The only area I think Walker has any right to be considered ahead is for his vision through the line. He really is special at finding the lanes, and breaking LB's ankles. Just so much fun to watch, and so explosive.

But for any edge he gains there, its tiny when compared to the absolute gulf in their abilities to be on the field on 3rd down. It's going to be a long process for Walker to get there... his pass-pro is not even "non existent" it's more like it's "actively bad". He has a big hill to climb in the Pros.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:56 pm

This class is literally

Hall

Walker

The rest

I look forward to the next thread though

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:38 pm

mild wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:44 pm
Ding ding ding.

The only area I think Walker has any right to be considered ahead is for his vision through the line. He really is special at finding the lanes, and breaking LB's ankles. Just so much fun to watch, and so explosive.

But for any edge he gains there, its tiny when compared to the absolute gulf in their abilities to be on the field on 3rd down. It's going to be a long process for Walker to get there... his pass-pro is not even "non existent" it's more like it's "actively bad". He has a big hill to climb in the Pros.
Undoubtedly. His cuts and explosion off those cuts are really good, too. I think you likened it back to a smaller Chubb (that's what she said) a while back, and I had the same thoughts when I first watched him, well before you ever made those remarks, so in total agreement with this player, it seems.

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:43 pm

I guess I'll be ther contrarian here. While I think they are both close and it wouldn't surprise me either way on who gets drafted first and who has more success in the NFL, I like Walker more than Hall as an NFL RB. I think he is far superior as a runner of the ball and in his small sample size seems more than capable as a receiver. His pass pro is not good, but really neither is Hall's. I'd take the better pure runner here. I've said it in other threads but i'm just ont as impressed with Hall as many others on this forum. I don't think his "athelticism" shows up on tape and not as impressed with him in his more difficult games.

Again, I could see it go either waty and not be surprised, but I would definitely prefer Walker to Hall.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:52 pm

mgscott wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:43 pm I guess I'll be ther contrarian here. While I think they are both close and it wouldn't surprise me either way on who gets drafted first and who has more success in the NFL, I like Walker more than Hall as an NFL RB. I think he is far superior as a runner of the ball and in his small sample size seems more than capable as a receiver. His pass pro is not good, but really neither is Hall's. I'd take the better pure runner here. I've said it in other threads but i'm just ont as impressed with Hall as many others on this forum. I don't think his "athelticism" shows up on tape and not as impressed with him in his more difficult games.

Again, I could see it go either waty and not be surprised, but I would definitely prefer Walker to Hall.
He's not nearly the route runner nor does he have natural hands like Hall. He's a 2 down back. Unless he's a 1500 yard rusher with double digit TD's on the ground yearly, I don't see it, unless you're playing standard. I don't see a far superior runner. He's not Nick Chubb. He's had 1 good year, Chubb lit up the SEC as a freshman. The difference in rushing ability is minute if any, to me. Hall's pass catching acumen is way beyond Walker's, much more than Walker's rushing to Hall's IMO. We shall see, but I just don't see what you're seeing, and I'm super high on Walker. If you have 1.01 and don't believe in Hall, at least play the gap, and trade down to 1.02 and get a substantial piece, or you're giving away value.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:57 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:38 pm Undoubtedly. His cuts and explosion off those cuts are really good, too. I think you likened it back to a smaller Chubb (that's what she said) a while back, and I had the same thoughts when I first watched him, well before you ever made those remarks, so in total agreement with this player, it seems.
Yeah, we are. I was loving life back when he was considered the RB3... but I knew deep down it was too good to last. Especially when I first turned on the tape for Isaiah Spiller.

There's that "knee jerk" reaction you get when you first put on a guys film, and you just know they're moving differently out there. It's a good instinct to hold on to. DK was one. DeAndre Swift and Taylor both come to mind, too. I had the same feeling watching the Walker film.

I had whatever the opposite of that feeling is when watching Spiller. :lol:
mgscott wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:43 pm I guess I'll be ther contrarian here. While I think they are both close and it wouldn't surprise me either way on who gets drafted first and who has more success in the NFL, I like Walker more than Hall as an NFL RB. I think he is far superior as a runner of the ball and in his small sample size seems more than capable as a receiver.
I love Walker as much as the next guy (hi FannyFreak!!) but man... I can still see where he falls short to the body of work that Breece Hall is putting in front of us.

There are just SO many less questions with Hall. Three years of super solid evidence that this dude is a "can't miss" vs. just the one with Walker. Hall is a year and a half younger. Hall has the pass catching game that would actually dictate an OC bothering to persevere at deploying him on 3rd down work - even if the Pass Pro sucks to begin with. It just keeps coming up Hall, if you're wanting the slam dunk pick.

If you're going Walker over Hall, then you best hope FF and Myself are right about our "mini Nick Chubb" call... because that's who he's going to have to be to beat out Breece Hall whilst topping out as a 2 down back vs. Breece as a 3 down back in Fantasy.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:11 pm

mild wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:57 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:38 pm Undoubtedly. His cuts and explosion off those cuts are really good, too. I think you likened it back to a smaller Chubb (that's what she said) a while back, and I had the same thoughts when I first watched him, well before you ever made those remarks, so in total agreement with this player, it seems.
Yeah, we are. I was loving life back when he was considered the RB3... but I knew deep down it was too good to last. Especially when I first turned on the tape for Isaiah Spiller.

There's that "knee jerk" reaction you get when you first put on a guys film, and you just know they're moving differently out there. It's a good instinct to hold on to. DK was one. DeAndre Swift and Taylor both come to mind, too. I had the same feeling watching the Walker film.

I had whatever the opposite of that feeling is when watching Spiller. :lol:
mgscott wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:43 pm I guess I'll be ther contrarian here. While I think they are both close and it wouldn't surprise me either way on who gets drafted first and who has more success in the NFL, I like Walker more than Hall as an NFL RB. I think he is far superior as a runner of the ball and in his small sample size seems more than capable as a receiver.
I love Walker as much as the next guy (hi FannyFreak!!) but man... I can still see where he falls short to the body of work that Breece Hall is putting in front of us.

There are just SO many less questions with Hall. Three years of super solid evidence that this dude is a "can't miss" vs. just the one with Walker. Hall is a year and a half younger. Hall has the pass catching game that would actually dictate an OC bothering to persevere at deploying him on 3rd down work - even if the Pass Pro sucks to begin with. It just keeps coming up Hall, if you're wanting the slam dunk pick.

If you're going Walker over Hall, then you best hope FF and Myself are right about our "mini Nick Chubb" call... because that's who he's going to have to be to beat out Breece Hall whilst topping out as a 2 down back vs. Breece as a 3 down back in Fantasy.
I was going to mention the age thing, too. An extra year of production in FF for a RB in terms of trade value is huge. We all know this. 24 vs 25, 25 vs 26, 26 vs 27 etc. The value gaps grow. Also, I need to point out, the NFL is getting way more specialized yearly. IF you're a RB who can't run good routes and has marginal hands, you just aren't going to get out there on 3rd downs these days. Pass pro is something I have consistently heard is the easiest to teach in the NFL, it's the effort in college that is key, because they don't spend a ton of time on it. However, if you have trouble running basic routes quickly, and catching passes is a chore, and it has to be right in place just for you to double catch it half the time, you're not out there on passing downs, and you are way behind the 8 ball coming into the league, with the plethora of cheap, veteran pass catching specialist backs that are out there. No GM is their right mind is seeing Kenneth Walker as a 3 down back. They are seeing a very talented runner, who can catch the occasional dump off on first or 2nd down passes, if needed, but they are not planning in any way for him to be a 3rd down player, in my opinion.