2022 Rookie Battles: B. Hall vs. K. Walker III

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2022 Rookie Battles: B. Hall vs. K. Walker III

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:01 pm

Talking about the Seattle backfield, I was reminded of this thread, so bumping it now, with the current context of the players in mind.

So I was pretty pro Hall, despite the fact I agreed with MGScott on Walker being an elite runner. I had my doubts about Walker's passing down usage due to the lack of it in college, but that is far less of a concern at this point.

Curious where people stand on this now. With Hall still not fully back from post ACL, and what looks like a lost season for this offense, and uncertainty at QB beyond this year, who ya got now, Hall or Walker?

I'm personally taking Walker, though I still believe Breece has a great 3 down skill set, RB primes are short and the production windows getting closed, or at least narrowed, affect player value.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

The Dirty Birds
Starter
Starter

Postby The Dirty Birds » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:30 pm

I own both in a league and I would pick Hall. Talent wise they're both great but I think Hall is slightly more explosive. Situation wise, right now sure NYJ seems terrible. But Hall just needs a competent QB and ARod might be back next year. In Seattle as talented as Walker is, we still don't know 100% that it won't turn into some RBBC with them spending a 2nd on Charb. Maybe they don't care they invested a 2nd and keep giving K9 the huge workload. Or maybe they do care and it becomes a Jones/Dhillon thing.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:43 pm

The Dirty Birds wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:30 pm I own both in a league and I would pick Hall. Talent wise they're both great but I think Hall is slightly more explosive. Situation wise, right now sure NYJ seems terrible. But Hall just needs a competent QB and ARod might be back next year. In Seattle as talented as Walker is, we still don't know 100% that it won't turn into some RBBC with them spending a 2nd on Charb. Maybe they don't care they invested a 2nd and keep giving K9 the huge workload. Or maybe they do care and it becomes a Jones/Dhillon thing.
Curious what you mean by this. I haven't seen that. Hall isn't healthy right now, granted, but the way he got tracked down on his long run showed he's not right. Walker is super explosive and has made a bunch of runs that are just absurd, creating on his own, and using his explosiveness to destroy angles that would get most backs caught before the fun part of the play ever got going.

Charbonnet's name could be replaced with Dalvin, and another RB next year, the Jets haven't yet shown any indication they view Hall as their bell cow style back. Every team runs some form of RBBC. Nobody takes all the snaps. I guess my reason for leaning Walker is, he likely outproduces Hall by a large amount this season, and is likely in a better, more certain situation next year. 2 years for a RB in their prime is big.

I keep seeing this Jones Dillon thing, and that's fine. Jones was a top end back. The Dillon/Charbs thing will be way more positive game script based. When the game is in contention, Walker and Jones are the guys. Sure, the other guys get some touches, but it's only after the team has got a comfortable lead that these grinder backs get a bigger work load, typically, which means that the lead backs have already got theirs. Like the Seahawks game last week, perfect example. Positive game script led the Charbonnet getting touches late in the game. You get these big power backs who are relatively fresh, to come in and churn yards out when your'e up by 2 or more scores. Walker had already done his damage.

I admittedly roster both, and just see it the other way, because Walker is healthy and playing as a top 10 RB right now, and Breece is clearly not fully healthy, and in a dumpster fire offense. It's nice to own both though, won't lie. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick