After the big 5 what TEs stick out at ya?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mikedigs
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: After the big 5 what TEs stick out at ya?

Postby mikedigs » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:27 am

Austin Hooper is a massive discount everywhere. Lots of vacated targets and not a lot of pass catching competition.
He is a sneaky bet for TE1 finish.
12 TM PPR / TEP / 1 QB / Start 8

QB: J Hurts
RB: K Williams, T Spears, C Brown
WR: T Higgins, D Smith, G Pickens, Z Flowers, J Reed
TE: McBride, E Engram, I Likely

2024: 1.02, 1.08, 4.07, 5.07, 6.07, 7.07

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:31 am

Lumps wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:57 am
Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:17 am
Lumps wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:13 am OJ Howard got a massive QB upgrade and is likely dirt cheap. Though, he’s likely rostered and for the price you’d pay someone would probably rather hold. Maybe if you started as a different trade and asked for him as a toss in.

There are much worse bets than that offense…
He's behind Dawson Knox though. You think he has fantasy football value as the TE2 there or are you thinking he'll beat out Knox?
I think you’re betting on the latter. I don’t think Knox has been extremely impressive. Howard was quite the athlete but we know that hasn’t meant much.
People come into every season with optimistic assumptions on players:

Brandon Aiyuk is the WR1 over Deebo Samuel.
Blake Jarwin is a better TE than Dalton Schuultz and is going to return to his starting role after coming back from IR.
Trey Sermon is the starter over Elijah Mitchell because of draft capital, etc.

Knox's status as the Bills TE1 is not as locked in as you're making it out to be. He hasn't officially broken out in the same way that Mark Andrews, George Kittle, Travis Kelce have and he's struggled to stay healthy.

OJ Howard has been more productive throughout his career, came into the NFL more athletic and was teetering on a breakout before the Achilles rupture.

He's not a bum with no possibility to hit. He's done basically nothing for the past two years, but if he's back to near full strength after the Achilles he has multiple avenues to become the Bills TE1.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:22 pm

Sriracha wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:31 am

He's behind Dawson Knox though. You think he has fantasy football value as the TE2 there or are you thinking he'll beat out Knox?
I think you’re betting on the latter. I don’t think Knox has been extremely impressive. Howard was quite the athlete but we know that hasn’t meant much.

Blake Jarwin is a better TE than Dalton Schuultz and is going to return to his starting role after coming back from IR.

Knox's status as the Bills TE1 is not as locked in as you're making it out to be. He hasn't officially broken out in the same way that Mark Andrews, George Kittle, Travis Kelce have and he's struggled to stay healthy.

OJ Howard has been more productive throughout his career, came into the NFL more athletic and was teetering on a breakout before the Achilles rupture.

He's not a bum with no possibility to hit. He's done basically nothing for the past two years, but if he's back to near full strength after the Achilles he has multiple avenues to become the Bills TE1.
I like what you're saying and I agree with it all, but if I'm betting on an oft-injured TE I'll take Irv Smith Jr for 1000 please Alex.

Hambone72
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Hambone72 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:37 pm

Still a believer in Fant. He’s still young, still extremely talented and now on a team where he’ll be ignored while Lockett and Metcalf are doubled.
DOUBLE BARREL
12 Team .5 PPR
Josh Allen, Carr, Hurts
Hunt, Mostert, Swift, JRob, Mattison, Connor, Damien Harris
Landry, Golladay, Watkins, Slayton, K Cole, Lazard, Dyami, J Palmer
Fant, Gesicki
CHI, WSH

Schlock Jocks
12 Team PPR
Murray, Goff, Minshew
Hunt, Swift, Mostert, Gus Bus, Hubbard , J Jackson,
Hill, Landry, C Ridley, , Pittman, Gage, Crowder, M Jones Jr, Tre’Quan, Jakobi
Gesicki, Fant, Smith Jr,
Bears, Bills
Taxi: Benjamin, Rodgers, Mac, Nwangu, Schwartz, Tyler Johnson

HAMBONES HOLLERS
10 Team, PPR
QB: Stafford, Herbert, D Jones
RB: Chubb,Mixon, Monty, Harris Jr, Michel, Cohen
WR: Jeudy, Cooks, Landry, Samuel, Shenault, Agholor Slayton, Hollywood, Mike Williams
TE: Pitts, Gesicki
Taxi: Gainwell, Dyami Brown, Gabe Davis, D Evans, Gandy Golden

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:07 pm

Hambone72 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:37 pm Still a believer in Fant. He’s still young, still extremely talented and now on a team where he’ll be ignored while Lockett and Metcalf are doubled.
More importantly he's going to be running deeper routes in SEA -- which is one of his strengths and why he put out such an impressive rookie season.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:59 pm

Sriracha wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:07 pm
Hambone72 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:37 pm Still a believer in Fant. He’s still young, still extremely talented and now on a team where he’ll be ignored while Lockett and Metcalf are doubled.
More importantly he's going to be running deeper routes in SEA -- which is one of his strengths and why he put out such an impressive rookie season.
Unfortunately, Lock's deep ball completion % is around 27% for the last 3 seasons.

I think we're probably another season (or a better QB) away from Fant having the real breakout. Going to be a long season if Seattle legitimately trusts Lock.

mikedigs
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mikedigs » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:08 pm

Mo Alie-Cox szn
12 TM PPR / TEP / 1 QB / Start 8

QB: J Hurts
RB: K Williams, T Spears, C Brown
WR: T Higgins, D Smith, G Pickens, Z Flowers, J Reed
TE: McBride, E Engram, I Likely

2024: 1.02, 1.08, 4.07, 5.07, 6.07, 7.07

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:19 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:59 pm
Unfortunately, Lock's deep ball completion % is around 27% for the last 3 seasons.

I think we're probably another season (or a better QB) away from Fant having the real breakout. Going to be a long season if Seattle legitimately trusts Lock.
I don't expect him to hit his ceiling with Lock at QB, but Lock is better for him than Teddy Bridgewater was. As is getting away from the redundancy of Tim Patrick and Albert O eating into his routes.

Besides DK and Lockett (who might not even be there when week 1 rolls around) there is a massive drop off with the tertiary receivers compared to DEN.

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:41 am

If healthy I think Robert Tonyan has a good year.
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:20 am

Sriracha wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:19 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:59 pm

I don't expect him to hit his ceiling with Lock at QB, but Lock is better for him than Teddy Bridgewater was. As is getting away from the redundancy of Tim Patrick and Albert O eating into his routes.

Besides DK and Lockett (who might not even be there when week 1 rolls around) there is a massive drop off with the tertiary receivers compared to DEN.
I can agree that SEA depth at WR is atrocious and that Fant has a little bit more opportunity now, but being stuck to Lock is going to be bad. Plus if Fant was as good as most people have thought, Albert O and Tim Patrick wouldn't have been issues in the first place. Same goes for Jeudy

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:44 am

Sriracha wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:31 am

From your lips to the fantasy god's ears :pray: :pray: :pray: Been refusing to undersell/cut OJH the past few seasons because EVERY TE I've done that with in the past has popped off the very next season.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:18 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:20 am
I can agree that SEA depth at WR is atrocious and that Fant has a little bit more opportunity now, but being stuck to Lock is going to be bad. Plus if Fant was as good as most people have thought, Albert O and Tim Patrick wouldn't have been issues in the first place. Same goes for Jeudy
Albert O is very talented.

Fant struggled through a bad high ankle injury in 2020 and still would've been the TE4 in ppg that year with Lock as his QB if we ignore two flukey games where he left after the 1st series due to food poisoning and COVID regulations, and had a practice squad WR as his QB who completed 1 pass for 13 yards the entire game.

Teddy Bridgewater has historically depressed his TE production, strongly preferring to throw to his WRs. Fant was still the TE12 in ppg.

Somehow he's being left for dead in SEA.. as if he's suddenly in a much worse situation than he's been in his whole career.. behind guys like Njoku, Kmet who have done absolutely nothing to warrant leap frogging him.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:31 am

Sriracha wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:18 am
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:20 am
Albert O is very talented.

Fant struggled through a bad high ankle injury in 2020 and still would've been the TE4 in ppg that year with Lock as his QB if we ignore two flukey games where he left after the 1st series due to food poisoning and COVID regulations, and had a practice squad WR as his QB who completed 1 pass for 13 yards the entire game.

Teddy Bridgewater has historically depressed his TE production, strongly preferring to throw to his WRs. Fant was still the TE12 in ppg.

Somehow he's being left for dead in SEA.. as if he's suddenly in a much worse situation than he's been in his whole career.. behind guys like Njoku, Kmet who have done absolutely nothing to warrant leap frogging him.
I think we're pretty much on the same page here and it all comes back to... these TE all stink after the few at the top

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:44 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:31 am I think we're pretty much on the same page here and it all comes back to... these TE all stink after the few at the top
Definitely a convoluted mess but I'm just confused why Fant is so low in these TE rankings. His upside is right there with the top TEs in the league and he's established a relatively safe floor in terrible conditions for TE production.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:45 am

dustyroads wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:44 am
From your lips to the fantasy god's ears :pray: :pray: :pray: Been refusing to undersell/cut OJH the past few seasons because EVERY TE I've done that with in the past has popped off the very next season.
Amen brother :thumbup:

Now.. could you sacrifice your team for the greater good and just cut him already! :lol: