Allen Robinson - The Forgotten Stud?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
whatadai
Captain
Captain

Allen Robinson - The Forgotten Stud?

Postby whatadai » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:29 pm

I didn't do much scouting this year before my league's draft and only printed out MFL's ADP to use as my rankings. I saw him fall and took him as the 12th WR off the board with the last pick in the 4th round (40th pick) in a 10 team league.

Now I'm starting to look him up and watch him and while I see some problems...most of them aren't huge knocks on him...just things that he could improve on that are possible to improve except for maybe his speed. However, I would compare him to a poor man's Demaryius Thomas or Anquan Boldin...more like a poor man's amalgamation of the two.

So my question is...why is he ranked so low on most fantasy sites and going even later on keeper/dynasty ADPs? The only thing that I can think of is that he has Henne/Bortles as his QB and he's in Jacksonville.
10 Team .5 PPR Salary Cap Dynasty (Starters in Bold)
HC: B. Belichick, D. Quinn
QB: A. Rodgers, D. Carr, N. Foles
HB: L. McCoy, A. Foster, T. Mason, B. Sankey, I. Crowell, C. Ivory, S. Ridley
WR: D. Bryant, D. Thomas, D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, A. Robinson, V. Cruz, T. Smith, C. Johnson, B. Quick, J. Gordon
TE: R. Gronkowski
PK: N. Novak, D. Carpenter
PN: J. Hekker
DT: G. Atkins, S. Marks
DE: R. Quinn, O. Vernon, C. Johnson, J. Hughes, V. Beasley, J. Smith
LB: J. Mayo, B. Cushing, J. Freeman, C. Barwin, V. Rey, B. Orakpo, A. Okafor, D. Washington
CB: J. McCourty, A. Verner, B. Browner
S: E. Weddle, T. McDonald, T. Gipson, D. Bucannon
OL: T. Armstead, S. Vollmer, K. Holmes, T. Frederick, M. Unger, J. Asamoah, J. Sitton, A. Smith, J. Troutman, M. Yanda, L. Warford

PS: RB J. Allen, WR P. Dorsett, WR K. Bell, WR B. Coleman, DE J. Sheard, DE D. Fowler, DE L. Webster, LB S. Anthony

Daphud
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Allen Robinson- Why is he a sleeper and not a top prospe

Postby Daphud » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:06 am

12th WR off the board?!? That's crazy. In my 3 32 IDP leagues he was in the Top 15th all 3 times. He is and isn't in an ideal situation. Being in Jacksonville is a blessing and a curse. He's in a shallow WR pool where some say that Robinson is the better WR than Lee, but how much can a Jacksonville QB give fantasy relevance to players?

DYNOmite
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DYNOmite » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:26 am

Daphud wrote:12th WR off the board?!? That's crazy. In my 3 32 IDP leagues he was in the Top 15th all 3 times. He is and isn't in an ideal situation. Being in Jacksonville is a blessing and a curse. He's in a shallow WR pool where some say that Robinson is the better WR than Lee, but how much can a Jacksonville QB give fantasy relevance to players?
Short-term it's not a good situation since he's behind Shorts and Henne is the QB but there's nothing inherently wrong with Jacksonville. Not sure what to think of Bortles but at least they have some hope at QB. If Bortles shows something then Robinson will be in a nice situation in 2015 after Shorts leaves. I'm optimistic that he'll be considered a top 20 receiver next year.

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:53 am

Because of the WR depth this year, his QB situation, and the fact that he was drafted after Marqise Lee I could conceivably see him going as the 11th WR and would wager that the 10 of the 11 WRs in front of him were (in roughly this order):
Watkins, Evans, Mathews, Cooks, Beckham Jr., Adams, Lee, Benjamin, Moncrief, Latimer

Who else went ahead of him? Bryant? Landry?

Honestly, the more surprising thing to me is that the 12th WR was 40th overall. There must have been a lot of good FAs in there. Otherwise, the 12th WR should be going around 23-27 in most leagues. Or maybe heavy IDP scoring I suppose.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eNdblu » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:28 pm

TommyL31 wrote:Because of the WR depth this year, his QB situation, and the fact that he was drafted after Marqise Lee I could conceivably see him going as the 11th WR and would wager that the 10 of the 11 WRs in front of him were (in roughly this order):
Watkins, Evans, Mathews, Cooks, Beckham Jr., Adams, Lee, Benjamin, Moncrief, Latimer

Honestly, the more surprising thing to me is that the 12th WR was 40th overall. There must have been a lot of good FAs in there. Otherwise, the 12th WR should be going around 23-27 in most leagues. Or maybe heavy IDP scoring I suppose.
The 10 wrs listed above are exactly who went before I drafted Robinson at pick 18 in my 16 team league

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
16tm SC w/ tiered PPR (0.25/0.5/1.0) 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLX
QB - Burrow(2), Tannehill(1)
RB - Taylor(2), Williams(3), Gibson(2), Dillon(2)
WR - Godwin(5), Metcalf(1), Pittman(2), Mingo(5), Boutte(5), Metchie(4), Renfrow(1), Mims(3)
TE - Kelce(1), Pitts(3), Kincaid(5), Njoku(3), Gesicki(5), Thomas[WSH](2)

16tm TE PPR Prem 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2OFLX 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DFLX
QB - Murray, Winston
RB - CEH, Penny, Sanders, Mattison, Wilson
WR - Hill, McLaurin, Jeudy, JuJu, Ridley, Edwards, Ruggs
TE - Goedert, Johnson[NOS]
DL - Young LB - Kirksey, Tranquill, Walker[GB], Walker[ATL] DB - Sneed

whatadai
Captain
Captain

Postby whatadai » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:55 pm

TommyL31 wrote:Because of the WR depth this year, his QB situation, and the fact that he was drafted after Marqise Lee I could conceivably see him going as the 11th WR and would wager that the 10 of the 11 WRs in front of him were (in roughly this order):

It's a rookie only draft. It was Bryant and yes, it's heavy IDP scoring even though IOP dominate the top 50 and only a few LBs or JJ Watt/Robert Quinn ever crack it. We also have shorter starting lineups for IOP, which also helps raise the value of IDP. Plus we play offensive linemen too, but only one was selected ahead of Robinson. 8 of the WRs went in the top 20 picks. So Robinson just fell somehow...

Our draft was a live in-person draft and the players were entered into the site later on: http://football15.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... 44336&O=17
10 Team .5 PPR Salary Cap Dynasty (Starters in Bold)
HC: B. Belichick, D. Quinn
QB: A. Rodgers, D. Carr, N. Foles
HB: L. McCoy, A. Foster, T. Mason, B. Sankey, I. Crowell, C. Ivory, S. Ridley
WR: D. Bryant, D. Thomas, D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, A. Robinson, V. Cruz, T. Smith, C. Johnson, B. Quick, J. Gordon
TE: R. Gronkowski
PK: N. Novak, D. Carpenter
PN: J. Hekker
DT: G. Atkins, S. Marks
DE: R. Quinn, O. Vernon, C. Johnson, J. Hughes, V. Beasley, J. Smith
LB: J. Mayo, B. Cushing, J. Freeman, C. Barwin, V. Rey, B. Orakpo, A. Okafor, D. Washington
CB: J. McCourty, A. Verner, B. Browner
S: E. Weddle, T. McDonald, T. Gipson, D. Bucannon
OL: T. Armstead, S. Vollmer, K. Holmes, T. Frederick, M. Unger, J. Asamoah, J. Sitton, A. Smith, J. Troutman, M. Yanda, L. Warford

PS: RB J. Allen, WR P. Dorsett, WR K. Bell, WR B. Coleman, DE J. Sheard, DE D. Fowler, DE L. Webster, LB S. Anthony

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:13 pm

TommyL31 wrote:Watkins, Evans, Mathews, Cooks, Beckham Jr., Adams, Lee, Benjamin, Moncrief, Latimer
I think reasonable people can have all 10 of these guys before Allen Robinson.

EDIT: As for an explanation- his situation is viewed as less than ideal. Bortles/Henne doesn't seem to be very highly regarded. He ran a combine 40 that was slower than his reputation, so if you weren't in on him from the ground floor, you probably think of him as a possession WR in Jacksonville, which isn't particularly alluring.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:18 am

i anticipate him being a better wr than where most are drafting him. he is falling because of the depth in the draft, but i think he comes into play with the 5th pick if you want him. watkins, evans, sankey, cooks,....and then take your pick of the next group of talents. i think some pass on him with their 1st pick, in hopes that they can get him with their 2nd, or trade up to get him. robinson isnt winning on name value or combine numbers, but i think he will be just fine in the league. i believe he will be jacksonville's top wr as soon as this year, but more than likey by next year.

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:11 am

I took Lee at 2.12 & Robinson at 2.14 just yesterday. I could not decide between the two so I just took them both. Lol

I had Robinson behind only Sammy & Evans, but in a virtual tie with Matthews as my #3 WR before the draft. Obviously Robinson's short term outlook isn't the greatest. However, I love the Bortles, Lee, & Robinson will all get a chance to learn & grow together. I believe things are looking up for the Jags!
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

startstopping
Role Player
Role Player

Postby startstopping » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:00 am

Im crazy about Robinson. I think he is going to be a solid WR2 for most of his career. In my rookie draft I had picks 1.5,6,7 and i took robinson which most would say is a reach, but i wanted him. Yes his combine 40 was disappointing but at his pro day he ran a 4.47. He is also big and physical.

I can certainly understand someone taking 8-9 WR above him but to me anyone taking moncrief above him is insane. I wanted to like moncrief but was so unimpressed after watching all his tape. I also think its crazy to take OBJ and benjamin above robinson but can understand why people would disagree. For me here are my rookie WR tiers

tier 1
Evans
Watkins

tier 2
cooks
matthews

tier 3
robinson
adams
lattimer

tier 4
obj
benjamin
lee

Hjorimir
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Hjorimir » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:47 am

I like Robinson quite a bit, but I wish he played more physically. He has the size to dominate, but he really doesn't use it.
The Great Old Ones
10-team PPR (1-QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE, 1-D/ST, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Tua, Mac, Mills (bleh)
RB: Gordon, Drake, Perine, RoJo II, Dillon, Coleman, Sermon, Ingram, Mitchell, Barber, JJ, Bolden
WR: Kupp, DJM, Chase, Jeudy, AJG, OBJ, Shepard, Mecole, Parris, Osborn
TE: Knox, Engram,
D/ST: NE
K: Zuerlein

The Blues Brothers
10-team PPR (1-QB, 1-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 2-RB/WR/TE, 3-IDP, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Herbert, Hurts, Bridgewater, Winston, Wentz, Heinicke
RB: Zeke, Cook, Mixon, Moss/Singletary, McKinnon, Gio, Rhamondre, Evans, Roundtree
WR: Kupp, Adams, Nuk, Evans, Ruggs III, Sammy, Guyton, Palmer
TE: Logan, Henry, Engram, Cook, Tremble
IDP: Demario, Bush, Mosley, Jewell, Poyer, Derwin, Vander Esch

Butt Liqueur
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Butt Liqueur » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:36 am

I was very happy to land Robinson at 1.11 in my league. I would have drafted him much higher (Watkins, Sankey and Robinson are my top 3 guys from this class) if I had a higher draft pick. I think he does enough things well enough, and a couple things very well, to be a consistent WR2 reaching into the WR1 tier by year 3. Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but he is my favorite WR of the class

16 Team, PPR
(1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX)
QB: J. Cutler, M. Mariota, M. Cassel, C. Henne, A. McCarron, D. Fales
RB: J. Bell, F. Gore, R. Bush, D. Williams, R. Helu, L. Dunbar, J. Allen, K. Williams, C. Artis-Payne
WR: J. Jones (ATL), J. Nelson, A. Hawkins, C. Johnson (MIN), A. Robinson, R. Randle, K. Thompkins, B. Ellington, H. Douglas, D. Harris, M. Campanaro, J. Hardy, J. Saunders, D. Moore, I. Blakeney, T. Lippett
TE: C. Clay, A. Quarless, A. Sefarian-Jenkins, J. Cumberland, W. Saxton

Draft Picks: 2016 2 3rds, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

ThirdWW
Captain
Captain

Allen Robinson

Postby ThirdWW » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:07 pm

Where has he been going in your rookies drafts. I have pick 11 and 16 and am hoping he has been sliding to atleast 16.
Team One:
Year 12
12 team, .5 ppr
QB 2RB 3WR TE FLEX K DL LB DB

QB - CJ Stroud
RB - Tank Bigsby, Sean Tucker, Chris Rodriguez, cans
WR - Garrett Wilson, Drake London, JSN, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas, Elijah Moore
TE - Kyle Pitts, Cade Otton, Chig Okonkwo

2024 Picks: 1.1, 1.2, 1.9, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.2, 3.7, 4.1
2025 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4

Team Two:
Year 2
12 team, .5 ppr, SF
QB SF 2RB 3WR TE 2FLEX K

QB - Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones
RB - Roschon Johnson, Kendre Miller, streaming
WR - Amon-Ra St. Brown, Chris Olave, Jaylen Waddle, Jordan Addison, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas, Elijah Moore, Wan’Dale Robinson
TE - Kyle Pitts, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Chig

2024 Picks: 1.08, 1.12, 4.1, 4.11
2025 Picks 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4

John Paul
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Allen Robinson

Postby John Paul » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:19 pm

Slid to 19 in my 10 team ppr. The hammy is keeping him low IMO. I plan on a redshirt type '14.

MFL has had him at 19 for a couple of weeks now: http://football.myfantasyleague.com/201 ... K=-1&TIME=

Fantasy pros has him at 18: http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/rookies.php
10 Team PPR Dynasty (2012 Startup) 2018 1st 2019 2nd 2021 2nd

QB: Matt Stafford(Trade '22), Kirk Cousins(Trade '22), Baker Mayfield(Trade '22)
RB: Jonathan Taylor(Trade '21), ETN(trade '22), Breece Hall(1.02 '22), Deon Jackson (WW '23), Michael Carter (trade '23)
WR: Drake London (Trade '23), Jahan Dotson (Trade "23), Allen Robinson (Trade '22), Brandin Cooks (Trade '23), John Metchie III(2.02 "23), Rondale Moore(Trade '21), Kyle Philips(4.05 '22), Curtis Samuel (Trade '23)
TE: Kyle Pitts(Trade '22), Logan Thomas (WW "23)
LB: Logan Wilson (WW '22), Zaire Franklin (WW'23), Matt Judon (WW '23)
DB: M Fitzpatrick (WW '22), I Simmons (WW "23), Jamal Adams (WW "23)
DL: Chase Young(3.08/'20), Aidan Hutchinson (WW "23)

2023: 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.08, 2.04
2024: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2
2025: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2

Krang
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Allen Robinson

Postby Krang » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:06 pm

Robinson seems like an enigma from what I've seen. People either really like him and consider taking him above Lee even, or he falls cuz people like him, but not more than other guys on the board when their pick comes up. I'd say there's probably a better than average chance he is still there at 16 unless your league has one of those guys who likes him more than Lee. If you really love him, it's a gamble not taking him at 11, but probably not a huge one.